• I think shelters are good for the pets

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I hate Shelters for pets!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I take dogs and cats who are homeless to my house for keeps sake and to care for them

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Dogs and cats who are homeless I can not take care of but I would take them in if I could

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I would take the animals to a shelter

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
BTW I eat chicken and fish, my family is not a full vegan, AND WHY THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT VEGANS????????????? We are suppose to be talking about animals and shelters!!! Why do you guys get in these debates so much and then get the thread closed????????????

For once, Indywolf. I agree with you.

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
Well my friend animals were made to survive on there own, its great to have pets but we must understand dogs and live on there own. The dog I met finds food and water and he has no home. But you are right about people not puting dogs down, that would be terrible! I would hope humans use there sane minds not to put children to sleep.

BTW I eat chicken and fish, my family is not a full vegan, AND WHY THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT VEGANS????????????? We are suppose to be talking about animals and shelters!!! Why do you guys get in these debates so much and then get the thread closed????????????

Ease up on the question marks.

Your brother was the one who brought up the whole Vegan ordeal. What about cats? Since you mentioned dogs.

Dr Bones

IndyWolf15 said:
Well my friend animals were made to survive on there own, its great to have pets but we must understand dogs and live on there own.

Domestic dogs and cats can and do live feral but it's not ideal...we have bred out a lot of their natural abilities and they don't always adapt well, depending on the breed and environment...so letting them fend for themselves is cruel and irresponsible. Some lack the hunting skills or physical attributes of true wild cats/dogs and instead become scavengers or pests.

Then there's the ecological implications of dogs/cats runing wild. They can and have decimated wildlife and even caused nurmerous species to become extinct or endangered through predation, disease or cross breeding. Not to mention the danger and the risk of disease they pose to livestock and humans.

Unchecked, feral dogs/cats become a blight and this often results in said animals being exterminated, but not always in a humane way. Many places have a shoot on site policy. Many local kids torment and torture these "pests" and earn money for pest control.

The fact they run wild does not make them wild animals...they were our responsiblity and a problem we have made by neglecting and abandoning them.

DocWhiskey

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I have some nice Italian Sausage frying to go into my lasagna. :p

Oddly sexual yet tantalizing. I can't look away.

:p

EDIT: I just realized this wasn't the "what r u eating" thread.

Agent Crab

Dr Bones said:
Domestic dogs and cats can and do live feral but it's not ideal...we have bred out a lot of their natural abilities and they don't always adapt well, depending on the breed and environment...so letting them fend for themselves is cruel and irresponsible. Some lack the hunting skills or physical attributes of true wild cats/dogs and instead become scavengers or pests.

Then there's the ecological implications of dogs/cats runing wild. They can and have decimated wildlife and even caused nurmerous species to become extinct or endangered through predation, disease or cross breeding. Not to mention the danger and the risk of disease they pose to livestock and humans.

Unchecked, feral dogs/cats become a blight and this often results in said animals being exterminated, but not always in a humane way. Many places have a shoot on site policy. Many local kids torment and torture these "pests" and earn money for pest control.

The fact they run wild does not make them wild animals...they were our responsiblity and a problem we have made by neglecting and abandoning them.

Cows can't be put in the wild, either.

Agent Crab said:
Ease up on the question marks.

Your brother was the one who brought up the whole Vegan ordeal. What about cats? Since you mentioned dogs.
Well my mom hates cats so my parents have never given me one, but I did befriend a stray kitten, it was very sweet, it was misstreated by its previous owner, it had lost a leg by something, it would roam then come back to me for food. I like stray animals because when you have no pets and you can't have one where you live its nice to see a dog or cat befriend you and play with you, thats how it is with my family, that is why I love seeing stray dogs and cats so I will have someone to play with and talk to even do they can't speak back. Its a real treat to have a animal befriend you, right guys?

If a s----- comes up to me I will scream call my dad and have him kill it, a good s---- is a dead one.

If RC says something about vegans just say something like this, Its cool your a vegan, I'm not a vegan, and I hate how it taste but I'm glad you like being a vegan, and leave it at that.

Last edited:
IndyWolf15 said:
Well my mom hates cats so my parents have never given me one, but I did befriend a stray kitten, it was very sweet, it was misstreated by its previous owner, it had lost a leg by something, it would roam then come back to me for food. I like stray animals because when you have no pets and you can't have one where you live its nice to see a dog or cat befriend you and play with you, thats how it is with my family, that is why I love seeing stray dogs and cats so I will have someone to play with and talk to even do they can't speak back. Its a real treat to have a animal befriend you, right guys?

If a s----- comes up to me I will scream call my dad and have him kill it, a good s---- is a dead one.

They have so MUCH to share...love, companionship, fleas, lice, rabies, swine flu, feline aids.

Seriously, be careful there has already been a recorded case of a house cat catching swine flu from it's owner. (NOT KIDDING)

Rocket Surgeon said:
They have so MUCH to share...love, companionship, fleas, lice, rabies swine flu, feline aids.

Seriously, be careful there has already been a recorded case of a house cat catching swine flu from it's owner. (NOT KIDDING)
Yeah here in Atlanta there having a lot pets getting rabies. And they have nothing to help peoples pets. I'll becareful, Thank you RS, BTW what is your name? I can't believe pets are getting cancer now, I've never heard of such a thing. And people feeding there dogs and cats coffee, thats crazy!

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
You did, though.

Eating meat is not cannibalism. Eating your best friend who is human is cannibalism.

It's obvious you failed to grasp what Kongisking wrote my dear Agent Crab:

kongisking said:
...It's evil, IMO, and nothing short of murder. Do we kill human orphans when nobody comes to adopt them? I hope not. So animals have just as mich right to live as we do (since, after all, human beings actually are animals too...

Agent Crab said:
You do not have to follow what a celebs does or eats.

I wasn't. Our family has been mostly Vegan ever since I was born. We don't do it because it's what my beloved Grace Park does but because we believe it's the morally right thing to do.

As Christian's we respect all life, besides my mother prefers being Vegetarian because it helps her to lose weight as opposed to eating meat. Also my mother believes that eating less animal flesh is what God would have man do as in the book of Genesis God said that He will require the blood of animals used for food at the hand of man in the Last Day (Judgment Day).

Agent Crab said:
Why eat Tofu? What you eat shouldn't effect the planet.

Oh, but it does. That is the exact reason that Dragons, Mammoths, Mastadons and many other Prehistoric titans are no longer with us; because people hunted them to death to please their own debased appetites when they could have subsisted off of the natural resourses of the earth.

According to History Channel, Animal Planet and Dr. Kent Hovind if vile man had not hunted the beast of the Earth so fiercely the legendary Dinosaurs, Mastadons, Sabre toothed animals, Cambrian-squirrels and more would have been alive.

Besides you are what you eat. And furthermore if you are concerned with the wellfare of animals (which as kongisking has pointed out are rightful lifeforms) you would not even be desirous of eating them as they have a right to life.

Would you eat a baby?

Last edited:

Agent Crab

Oh Knock it off,Reedeem. Just knock it off.

Not everyone can eat Tofu, nor be forced to eat it. Eating meat is not cannibalism. If you eat your sister, then it is. You have no grasp in your damn arguments. You just float around and ASSUME everyone can live your way.

Do you think I can eat like a vegan? NO I cannot. I have food allgeries. If I eat Tofu, soy or nuts, I will get extreamly sick.

Jesus Christ. I am one post away from blocking you for a while, so I don't have to see your posts.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:

Not everyone can eat Tofu, nor be forced to eat it. Eating meat is not cannibalism. If you eat your sister, then it is. You have no grasp in your damn arguments. You just float around and ASSUME everyone can live your way.

Do you think I can eat like a vegan? NO I cannot. I have food allgeries. If I eat Tofu, soy or nuts, I will get extreamly sick.

Jesus Christ. I am one post away from blocking you for a while, so I don't have to see your posts.

Okay Agent Crab I digress. I'm sorry. I don't want to pester you.

BTW I was not trying to tell you go to become Vegan at all. I was simply trying to make a point on behalf of the animals that cannot speak for themselves. Please feel free to eat what you like. I have NOTHING against those who choose to eat meat at all. We are all free moral sentient agents.

I also understand the food allergies as my father used to allergic to Mangos. So no, I am not trying to force ANYTHING on you. I am simply sharing my opinion, nothing more or less and I'm sorry if I came off as being offensive.

Agent Crab

You're getting on my nerves, Reedeem. Your opinion seems more "Forceful" more than anything in my opinion.

So, you view someone eating beef as a cannibal?

Foolish.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
You're getting on my nerves, Reedeem. Your opinion seems more "Forceful" more than anything in my opinion.

So, you view someone eating beef as a cannibal?

Foolish.

It's not my intention to be forceful. I like you and I don't want to offend you. You're a cool guy. Lets not be like hostile like young Kirk and Spock in the new Star Trek movie. Lets "tear down" these allegorical Berlin walls and move on with what's in the best interest of the planet.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
It's not my intention to be forceful. I like you and I don't want to offend you. You're a cool guy. Lets not be like hostile like young Kirk and Spock in the new Star Trek movie. Lets "tear down" these allegorical Berlin walls and move on with what's in the best interest of the planet.

Then grab five rings and call Captain Planet or call Widget the World Watcher.

The Drifter

I ate some meat last night. I must be a cannibal! I must be a sinful, animal hater! ZOMG!

Redeemed: You may have not meant to, but you do sound forceful with your views. I can understand you saying your opinion, but to call us that eat meat cannibals and such is a little extreme.

Last edited:

Agent Crab

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I ate some meat last night. I must be a cannibal! I must be a sinful, animal hater! ZOMG!

Redeemed: You may have not meant to, but you do sound forceful with your views. I can understand you saying your opinion, but to call us that eat meat cannibals and such is a little extreme.

Plus, disrespectful.

KiKi Kat

Agent Crab said:

Not everyone can eat Tofu, nor be forced to eat it. Eating meat is not cannibalism. If you eat your sister, then it is.

Actually that would be incest. :p