• I think shelters are good for the pets

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I hate Shelters for pets!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I take dogs and cats who are homeless to my house for keeps sake and to care for them

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Dogs and cats who are homeless I can not take care of but I would take them in if I could

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I would take the animals to a shelter

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Stoo

Dr Bones said:
Domestic dogs and cats can and do live feral but it's not ideal...we have bred out a lot of their natural abilities and they don't always adapt well, depending on the breed and environment...so letting them fend for themselves is cruel and irresponsible. Some lack the hunting skills or physical attributes of true wild cats/dogs and instead become scavengers or pests.
Where I've been in the south of Italy, cats are pests/vermin. I like both cats & dogs so it was really shocking to be in a restaurant one night and see a waiter literally KICK a wandering cat back out the front door!:eek: Another time, I saw about 4 or 5 cats huddled in the middle of the road feasting on something. It was dark and hard to see but when a car passed by the headlights illuminated the gruesome scene. What were the cats dining on? Another DEAD CAT! Talk about cannabilism...

One time on the beach in Wildwood, New Jersey, my friends & I saw a guy (with USMC tattooed on his arm) baiting seagulls with food and then swatting them with a Frisbee when they got close enough...right in front of his 2 kids!:eek: (We verbally ripped him a new A**hole and he stopped.)

RedeemedChild said:
As Christian's we respect all life, besides my mother prefers being Vegetarian because it helps her to lose weight as opposed to eating meat. Also my mother believes that eating less animal flesh is what God would have man do as in the book of Genesis God said that He will require the blood of animals used for food at the hand of man in the Last Day (Judgment Day).
Have you ever killed a spider or squashed a fly/mosquito?
RedeemedChild said:
According to History Channel, Animal Planet and Dr. Kent Hovind if vile man had not hunted the beast of the Earth so fiercely the legendary Dinosaurs, Mastadons, Sabre toothed animals, Cambrian-squirrels and more would have been alive.
Really? Thanks for letting us know. Dinosaurs are not "legendary". They were real. I highly doubt a Mastodon would be sophisticated enough to make an anime cartoon. You should be thankful that homo-sapiens came out on top.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Agent Crab

Lulz. He belives humans and Dinosaurs co-existed?

Was he watching the Flintsones?

I see Rod brought god into the fray. Failure Reedeem... pure failure.

I am one click away on putting Reedeem and Indywolf on my ignore list.

KiKi Kat said:
Actually that would be incest. :p
INCEST? Oh my gosh :eek: :sick: :dead:, will we darn it get back on topic! Ignore my brothers post, you guys are way off topic! We must get along if we want a topic to stay open.

Gross eating another cat :sick:

The Drifter

Agent Crab said:
Lulz. He belives humans and Dinosaurs co-existed?

Was he watching the Flintsones?

I see Rod brought god into the fray. Failure Reedeem... pure failure.

I am one click away on putting Reedeem and Indywolf on my ignore list.

Dragons existed also. :p

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
INCEST? Oh my gosh :eek: :sick: :dead:, will we darn it get back on topic! Ignore my brothers post, you guys are way off topic! We must get along if we want a topic to stay open.

Gross eating another cat :sick:

Your brother started the whole Vegan/God BS.

And I am afraid animals do eat each other.

So, I guess Reedeem don't like people cosuming meat. So, anyone who eats meat is a disgusting cannibal to him.

Indywolf.

If you wanna make a topic, makesure you do some research and back up your argument. DOn't use halfassed info you come across from friends, etc. Do some research, so you won't get shot down so much.

DocWhiskey said:
Dinosaurs did exist in the bible, except back then they were referred to as "Jesus Horses". ;)
Man didn't hunt down Dinos, THIS is an actual picture of how it happened...
CQrpCj4bOqazwxlacZsjaddQo1_500.jpg

Who knew a parachutte wouldn't help a T-Rex? Certainly THEY didn't. They had to learn the hard way!

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
I can't remember which book of the bible they were in...besides Revelation.

There was a mention of a leviathan, but I can't remember which book.
I think that was different from a dragon IMO.

EDIT: It's in the book of Job

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Now, now, children, restrain yourselves. This is not the place to discuss the fact that dinosaurs and humans never coexisted...back on topic.

Agent Crab said:
Your brother started the whole Vegan/God BS.

And I am afraid animals do eat each other.

So, I guess Reedeem don't like people cosuming meat. So, anyone who eats meat is a disgusting cannibal to him.

Indywolf.

If you wanna make a topic, makesure you do some research and back up your argument. DOn't use halfassed info you come across from friends, etc. Do some research, so you won't get shot down so much.
I have read info on how these shelters misstreat and put down animals. People we know who have worked at shelters say never bring a dog or any other animal to shelters. Some places where people have caught stray dogs and cats, take them and have dogs breed more pupps then they put them down after there done with them, now that's cruel.

Even if my brother started a vegan debate ignore him if you guys want to debate over vegans make a topic just about vegans. You guys say I get topics closed, well you and others are going back and forth with RC and its going to get the topic closed and maybe get someone susspened, now we don't want that do you?

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I ate some meat last night. I must be a cannibal! I must be a sinful, animal hater! ZOMG!

Redeemed: You may have not meant to, but you do sound forceful with your views. I can understand you saying your opinion, but to call us that eat meat cannibals and such is a little extreme.

I was not saying that you guys were cannibalistic! Read what I wrote. I was trying to make a point. I never said to you guys that I hated meat eaters for pete's sake. Furthermore I said that if I was offensive earlier that I was very sorry.

As I said before my attempt was to speak in behalf of the animals that can't speak for themselves. I have been listening to NPR and other news outlets which are constantly reporting on the health of the planet and how "humans" are part of the problem and I only want to be part of the solution.

I have nothing against Agent Crab. He is allergic and cannot subsist off of nuts and tofu and that's fine with me. I never said that he should be a Vegetarian. I only spoke in defence of those who are. Stop accusing me of doing things that I did not do. I am only interested in the wellfare of wildlife, the planet and my fellow human beings.

Kill_Yourself_Save_the_Planet_by_nClaire.jpg

I cannot bear to see the beauty of our natural world fade alway as it is raped by supposed intellectuals and defaced of it's beauty by constantly removing the natural beauty of our world and replacing it with manmade skyrise buildings and industrial developmnets. It is time for people to stop making fun of Al Gore, Michael Moore, John Muir, Dr. Day, Dr. Kent Hovind and perhaps even the mad man Nicholas Roerich. Listen to the warnings that these good men and women have given to us. Pull out your copies of An Inconvenient Truth and allow your mind to be won by these truths.

Again my friends, I am not trying to force anyone to do anything but as an ambassador of my home, the only known world of life in the cosmos I deem it my God given responsibility to encourage you to protect human life, animal life, the purity of the environment and the planet as a whole.

CNA2009042929765_PV.jpg

Last edited:

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
I have read info on how these shelters misstreat and put down animals. People we know who have worked at shelters say never bring a dog or any other animal to shelters. Some places where people have caught stray dogs and cats, take them and have dogs breed more pupps then they put them down after there done with them, now that's cruel.

Most shelters are ran by charities. Sometimes they get too many animals in, and the one's who've been there for awhile without getting adopted get put to sleep to make room for the new ones. The money to take care of these animals is not unlimited.

The local shelter here is a no-kill shelter, but they REFUSE to take in any more dogs and cats because they lack the funding. So, the strays starve and freeze to death around here.

It's a sad state, but those are the facts of it.

IndyWolf15 said:
...well you and others are going back and forth with RC and its going to get the topic closed and maybe get someone susspened, now we don't want that do you?

Well then let's talk homeless Dogs and Cats

funny-dog-pictures-homeless-hug.jpg

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
*Insane prattle bladder and so on*

I am gonna be a vulture and pull apart this post.

Plus I would not take a dog to shelters for any reason, why? Because when you take them to shelters you have to buy them and it cost to much,

WTF? It costs to much to buy them? Animals bought at shelters help fund the shelters! It pays for vet bills, spaying, neutring, etc etc. Shelters caretake the animals! Where did you get this info?

plus dogs need to roam free, as my Indian haritage I will say it like this,

Le sigh...

Dogs don't need to roamfree. trust me. DO you want stray dogs roaminga round Crapping in yards? Going after other animals, such as bunnies, squirrels and so on? Going after people's farm animals such as chickens, ducks and livestock, so they can feed each other? Do you want some stray or feral dog, roarming free, atacking people or children? Lets set old people free from Nursing homes, then. So they can frolic in the open road and wave their canes at innocent bystanders.

Before the white came the animals ran free and us Indians and the first white men who were for peace, that is when animals were free to roam the country side and animals were free.

Man has domesticated animals such as dogs and cats. Dogs were used as hunting copanions and for protection. Even cats were useful for keeping mice and vermin away. Even cats were used on ships to keep rodents away.

People think dogs and other animals need to be in a shelter if they have no home, dogs and other animals need no home the forest is there home, when my family owned dogs we never fenced them in or tied them, we let them roam the woods freely.

My IQ dropped.

Animals need ot be in a shelter, because they are well taken care of and it's better than letting a scrawny cat or dog suffer outside. Strays carry fleas, ticks and other critters in their coats. If you want a mangey, flea bitten animal that you want to roam free and let it crap all over your house floor, be my guest.

When my family builds a house on our farm I will ask my parents can I catch a wild horse and a dog, like my Indian heritage,

A Wolf is a wild animal. A Dog is a domesticated animal.

and that is why the Indians were forced off there land and I believe the animals were forced off there land as well,
Soruce?

BTW a Wolf will be the first dog I would like :D As you can see I love American Indians and Wolves. I guess this is why I hate shelters.

Like I said. A Wolf is a wild animal. A Dog is not.

Your soruces and info is not vaild.