Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Stoo

Ernst Beyeler

Swiss art collector, Ernst Beyeler, passed away a few weeks ago. He was 88.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Got to say I was a little rough too!
At least you didn't announce that you had told him to "Go to Hell! I hope you die!" If a person is going to say that to someone, why would they even want the autograph in the first place?:rolleyes:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Unlike his Corey-counter part, I couldn't think of a memorable role he had.

At least Feldman had Stand By Me and, well that's about it.
Corey Haim was the crippled kid in "Silver Bullet". Now, that's a CLASSIC!:p
Finn said:
Also, best be to mention that the failure to comperehend this message (especially if there are multiple violations) might lead to a bunch of fellow raveners paying their condolences to your user account. Which would be such a waste, if you ask me.
Not in the case of riff-raff like Chicago Jones.:p

THAT's not Michael...

Nurhachi1991 said:
lick.gif

Michael disaproves of this stupidity
THIS is Michael...

old_michael_jackson.jpg

My apologies to Gollem...(R.I.P.)

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
THAT's not Michael...

THIS is Michael...

old_michael_jackson.jpg

My apologies to Gollem...(R.I.P.)

Whilst MJ dishonestly said it didn't matter if you were black or white, Gollum also underwent a colour change. In Tolkien's original stories he was black. Seems like they had more in common than just freakish looks! :dead:

Finn

Staff member
Ahem, gang... I was under impression we already have a Michael Jackson thread in here somewhere.

avidfilmbuff

Well, as I've said before, Robert Culp is dead.

Heavy Sigh, seriously though, I can't believe I just committed a faux pas on a message board. A message board for goodness sake.

And once again, Finn had to straighten me out, first on the subject on adventure games, and now on the rules of the raven.

I'm really sorry for putting you through so much trouble, Finn.

Finn

Staff member
Had we had this one slinked down somewhere down the list of topics all the response the action in question would likely have generated was a silent merge. But this edict has been in place, what, less than a week, and people are already ignoring it?

Sometimes I wonder if it's me who expects too much from this board.

But like I said, as long as you (all) take it as a learning experience, there's no need to roll in ashes.

Oh, and rest in peace, Mr. Culp.

Finn said:
as long as you (all) take it as a learning experience, there's no need to roll in ashes.

But nash your teeth in dispair!

Oh and Winston Churchill died March 2nd, his grandfather will be missed!

avidfilmbuff

Finn said:
Had we had this one slinked down somewhere down the list of topics all the response the action in question would likely have generated was a silent merge. But this edict has been in place, what, less than a week, and people are already ignoring it?

Sometimes I wonder if it's me who expects too much from this board.

But like I said, as long as you (all) take it as a learning experience, there's no need to roll in ashes.

Oh, and rest in peace, Mr. Culp.

Well, it wasn't exactly that I was ignoring it, I just had no idea it existed. I haven't been on the Raven for a long while, and haven't been aware of the change of rules. Once again, I apologize, and I know this doesn't excuse my behavior, but I hope it explains it.

Just so I don't change the topic on this board, let me also take the opportunity to say, Rest In Peace to Peter Graves.

Finn

Staff member
avidfilmbuff said:
Well, it wasn't exactly that I was ignoring it, I just had no idea it existed.
That's not really an excuse if this thread is relatively high on the forum (like it is now and was as well when this little mishap took place) and one should be able to see it quite easily when checking out the Open Discussion section.

Unless, of course, one's eyes are just fixed onto the "New Thread" button... at which point I don't have to point who's got the joke on himself, have I?

avidfilmbuff

Finn said:
Unless, of course, one's eyes are just fixed onto the "New Thread" button... at which point I don't have to point who's got the joke on himself, have I?

I'm ashamed to say that this is exactly what happened. I promise I'll try not to be so rash the next time around.

Webley

Dick Giordano, Dead at 77

D.C. Comics great Dick Giordano (1932 - 2010), who began working at the company in the late '60s as an editor, but whose popularity hit its stride when he inked Neal Adams' run of Batman and the classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow team-up series of the '70s. Giordano also inked the very first Marvel/DC inter-company crossover Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man in 1978 and inked Adams on the even more unconventional one-shot Superman vs. Muhammad Ali.

During the '70s, Giordano worked with Neal Adams at Continuity Studios to nurture many young artists, then returned to DC in 1980 to help bring forth a new wave of creativity for the company. Giordano was highly responsible for bringing the characters from Charlton Comics, where he was formerly editor-in-chief, over to DC Comics, which ultimately led to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons creating the Watchmen mini-series. As an artist, he was also involved in the '80s event Crisis on Infinite Earths and inked John Byrne's pencils when he was hired by DC to reinvent Superman with The Man of Steel. Giordano's monthly editorial column "Meanwhile..." ran in most DC Comics during the the '80s as well.

Giordano semi-retired in 1993 but appeared from time to time, whether it was part of the launch of the short-lived Future Comics with David Michelinie and Bob Layton or drawing issues of The Phantom.

Giordano succumbed to pneumonia on March 27, presumably complications from the leukemia, COPD and emphysema from which he had been suffering.

Last edited:

roundshort

Always liked Dennis. Indian Runner was one of his more inspired roles, Blue Velvet my favrotie, and any zombie movie was better with him in it!

Goonie

That's 3 celebrity deaths in a row again. A few days ago Art Linkletter, yesterday Gary Coleman, and today Dennis. :(