Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Goonie

British magician Paul Daniels, age 77.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35829251
Damn cancer again. Used to watch his show when I was a kid. Best was his interview with Ali G.

Warning. Some language as it is Ali G, but this is a blast.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ksdUjIsvzew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pale Horse

Staff member
For our Canadian Friends: 46 year old Rob Ford

web-to-ford0317.jpg

Sea Monarch

Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, another beloved comedian to be missed. Though, I hadn't seen much of his comedy, I know my Dad was a big fan. What I did catch of him made me think he was one of the commedians with a rarified wit.

It's funny to me to think, but he was so convincing as the smarmy politician, harranging Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies, that it almost made want to not like him in real life, thinking he's a jerk! When most accounts of seeing him on interviews, etc reveals, he was probably a warm hearted guy. Too bad, he's gone. Thought it was especially funny when, in Winter Soldier, Marvel revealed his character as a Hydra Agent, which seemed a believable story arc for him. Wondered how they might implement him in later cameos. Now, we won't know. Godspeed

AndyLGR

Bons director Guy Hamilton at 93.

He did goldfinger, diamonds are forever, live and let die and also golden gun. I didn't realise he also did the classic war movie The Colditz Story too as well as The Inspector Calls amongst many others.

Goonie

Vice presented it bluntly: Dear 2016<-links not working properly due to censoring on this site. Just Google "Vice Dear 2016"

What a lousy year for celebrity deaths. :(

RIP Prince.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6SFNW5F8K9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duaner

Death is always a tragic thing. I don't want to sound cold-hearted. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Prince. But it drives me insane when these music artists die and people all the sudden mourn like they were the greatest musician ever and make up stories about how important the artist's songs were to their life. Prince's music was terrible!

Duaner

AndyLGR said:
Bons director Guy Hamilton at 93.

He did goldfinger, diamonds are forever, live and let die and also golden gun. I didn't realise he also did the classic war movie The Colditz Story too as well as The Inspector Calls amongst many others.

He also directed Force 10 from Navarone with a pre-Indy Harrison Ford - an underrated film.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Duaner said:
Death is always a tragic thing. I don't want to sound cold-hearted. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Prince. But it drives me insane when these music artists die and people all the sudden mourn like they were the greatest musician ever and make up stories about how important the artist's songs were to their life. Prince's music was terrible!

I think our only acceptable option, at these and other times, is to assume that people know themselves and their lives when they say an artist or any other individual was important to them.

roundshort

Duaner said:
Prince's music was terrible!

Really?!?!? It was? Now you can be a tone deaf Kenny Chesney loving redneck dingo loving goat humper and NOT LIKE one of pop music's greatest artists. Who wrote, composed, and played every instrument but you CANNOT say his music was terrible. That is just a TROLL call. I hate led Zeppelin with a passion but they made great music and were masters of their craft. To me, it is painful to listen too.

So go listen to some Tim McGraw or Blake Shelton, as I assume you are a fan of.

RIP purple one. Thank you for leaving behind some of the greatest pop music ever!

Duaner

roundshort said:
Really?!?!? It was? Now you can be a tone deaf Kenny Chesney loving redneck dingo loving goat humper and NOT LIKE one of pop music's greatest artists. Who wrote, composed, and played every instrument but you CANNOT say his music was terrible. That is just a TROLL call. I hate led Zeppelin with a passion but they made great music and were masters of their craft. To me, it is painful to listen too.

So go listen to some Tim McGraw or Blake Shelton, as I assume you are a fan of.

RIP purple one. Thank you for leaving behind some of the greatest pop music ever!

Sorry - his music was terrible. I would rather puncture both eardrums than listen to "1999" and need I remind you of "Batdance"? Chills are running up my spine as I type that. And I seem to recall him singing about incest in one of his songs. If that's your thing, you go on and keep listening.

Joe Brody

Duaner said:
Sorry - his music was terrible. I would rather puncture both eardrums than listen to "1999" and need I remind you of "Batdance"? Chills are running up my spine as I type that. And I seem to recall him singing about incest in one of his songs. If that's your thing, you go on and keep listening.

You can't watch Purple Rain and claim there's nothing there. The Artist was electric.