The Best Hamburger in the World

Stoo said:
Rocket, do you have freezer space for all your homegrown, fresh beef or are you burying it underground with bucketloads of salt?:p
Always had two fridge/freezers and I remember when my old man bought the coffin freezer: 8' X 3.5'. Tucked it under the basement stairs.

Some great stories...for whatever reason my old man wanted the head of one of the pigs and so it was shuffled around the freezer over time. Well when my oldest brother brought his first girlfriend over she assertively jumped up in answer to mom's call to get dinner meat from the freezer.

We weakly discouraged her which firmed her resolve...no big deal.

Well, I always thought of her as a no nonsense girl, strong, smart and seemly brave enough...until that day, oh the screams!

...and the laughs.

The job fell to me to find a spot in the field to bury the pig's head where it remains to this day.

Have to find it some day, maybe go digging by full moon with my children next halloween...

Mickiana

Stoo said:
That place on the Gold Coast sounds right up my alley, Mickey. When I eventually make it to Oz, I want to try it out. (Just need the name & location.) You're welcome to join me for some burger-chompin' & beer-swizzlin', if you'd like.:D

Just let me know, Stoo, when you come over and I shall promote the Great South East like a true ambassador. When I take you to the Gold Coast we'll have to meet up with Violet if she's in town. I have not met my fellow Aussie Ravener. What do you reckon, Violet? You'd know the south coast better than I do.

That goes for anyone from The Raven. Touristing, that is, not flooding Violet with overseas travelers.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Always had two fridge/freezers and I remember when my old man bought the coffin freezer: 8' X 3.5'. Tucked it under the basement stairs.
Same here except that we kept are 'coffin' freezer in the garage.

Funny story about the swine!:D If you go searching for it: "Rocket Surgeon and the Mystery of the Pig Skull". Find it and mount it as a hood ornament on your car/truck.:dead:

Speaking of pigs: Has anybody ever had a hamburger made out of, y'know, actual ham?:confused:
Mickiana said:
Just let me know, Stoo, when you come over and I shall promote the Great South East like a true ambassador. When I take you to the Gold Coast we'll have to meet up with Violet if she's in town. I have not met my fellow Aussie Ravener. What do you reckon, Violet? You'd know the south coast better than I do.

That goes for anyone from The Raven. Touristing, that is, not flooding Violet with overseas travelers.
Sounds good, Mickey, but I think Violet has a rule of not meeting internet people. Plus I don't know if she likes hamburgers!

Mickiana

Stoo said:
Sounds good, Mickey, but I think Violet has a rule of not meeting internet people. Plus I don't know if she likes hamburgers!

That's my naivety. I keep forgetting the importance of anonymity in this potentially dangerous digital age we live in. There are too many perverts out there to risk stuff *cough*Lance*cough*.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Speaking of pigs: Has anybody ever had a hamburger made out of, y'know, actual ham?:confused:

Or a Korean dogburger?

35573.jpg

It might interest enthusiasts to know that this Korean publican has just been translated into English:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-08-31%2Bat%2B12.31.13%2BPM.png

Stoo said:
If you go searching for it: "Rocket Surgeon and the Mystery of the Pig Skull". Find it and mount it as a hood ornament on your car/truck.:dead:
As I remember it it might make a pretty cool Mola Ram-esqe chapeau...formal wear for a hippie dinner party.

Goodeknight

Stoo said:
But this talk about Soylent Green, coupled with Monty's vegetarianism has me also singing, "Meat is Murder", from The Smiths

Stoo, did you happen to see Morrisey on the Colbert Report? Painfully harsh and humorous interview, which included a "Meat Is Murder" Q&A.

Interview (harsh and humorous):
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/419977/october-09-2012/morrissey

Songs:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co.../morrissey----people-are-the-same-everywhere-

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...rrissey----i-m-throwing-my-arms-around-paris-

Regarding the history of hamburgers and many other delights, this is a very informative video, particularly after about 2:30.

<object width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayer" name="veohFlashPlayer"><param name="movie" value="http://www.veoh.com/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.7.0.1390&permalinkId=v17990992nmqFyzgY&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.veoh.com/swf/webplayer/WebPlayer.swf?version=AFrontend.5.7.0.1390&permalinkId=v17990992nmqFyzgY&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0&id=anonymous" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="410" height="341" id="veohFlashPlayerEmbed" name="veohFlashPlayerEmbed"></embed></object><br /><font size="1">Watch <a href="http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17990992nmqFyzgY">The Party</a> in <a href="http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/comedy">Comedy</a> | View More <a href="http://www.veoh.com">Free Videos Online at Veoh.com</a></font>

Mickiana said:
And Goodeknight, how did you lose 10 pounds in two weeks? Cos, if you did lose them, I found them!

For the answer to that question, PM me. Seriously!

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Stoo, did you happen to see Morrisey on the Colbert Report? Painfully harsh and humorous interview, which included a "Meat Is Murder" Q&A.
My girlfriend & I watch Stephen Colbert (& Jon Stewart) fairly religiously but I missed the Steve Morrisey interview. Thanks for the link, Goodeknight. I like when Colbert says, "If meat is murder then murder is delicious!":D
goodeknight said:
Regarding the history of hamburgers and many other delights, this is a very informative video, particularly after about 2:30.
Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin...the golden days of "Saturday Night Live".;)

---
From 6 months ago in another thread:
Dr. Gonzo said:
Does this look like the Best Hamburger in the World?:confused: (Was this thing even real?:confused:)

Goodeknight

Stoo said:
Does this look like the Best Hamburger in the World?:confused:

Well, with Darth as the spokesman, I assume it was death to those who declared it anything less than the "best hamburger in the universe."

roundshort

I was not going to post int his thread, as I have an unfair advantage. To make the best Burger in the world you need to go to this link and follow instructions to purchase THE BEST ground beef possible.

http://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/burger-builder.html

my personal favorite is 25% Waygu Chuck, 25% Prime Chuck, 25% Prime Short Ribs (or call Bryan and ask if he can do Waygu Short Ribs) and 25% Prime Brisket Blend. This will result in almsot 50% fat content.

Then you need to not mess it up when you cook it. If you have a grill that burns wood, I recommend Almond and Cherry. Nice high heat, good embers, and the flavor adds a bit but not too much.

If you don't the best is to first sautee in a cast Iron Skillet and then finnish in the oven.

Rember it is all about fat content and texture. If you have a 40 to 50% fat content, you can cook a bit longer and the burger will still be juicy and have a nice crust. If you go for a learner burger, you can not cook as long or it will dry out.

Also, do not handle the beef to much, make 3 patties out of a pound by lightly patting them in your hands. Do not pack them too tightly.

You will not need much to go with this, and I recommend that you just enjoy it on it's own. If you must, use a fresh baked Chibotta bun (Brioche is too much) a dab of Heinz 57 (ONLY HEINZ).

If you are lazy, then the best burger you can purchase is at Goose & Gander in Saint Helna.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dinner, my place. This Sunday. You can watch the Bronco's clinch the AFC West, while I grill that bad boy up. I'll have two TV's up and running.

Mickiana

roundshort said:
I was not going to post int his thread, as I have an unfair advantage. To make the best Burger in the world you need to go to this link and follow instructions to purchase THE BEST ground beef possible.

http://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/burger-builder.html

my personal favorite is 25% Waygu Chuck, 25% Prime Chuck, 25% Prime Short Ribs (or call Bryan and ask if he can do Waygu Short Ribs) and 25% Prime Brisket Blend. This will result in almsot 50% fat content.

Then you need to not mess it up when you cook it. If you have a grill that burns wood, I recommend Almond and Cherry. Nice high heat, good embers, and the flavor adds a bit but not too much.

If you don't the best is to first sautee in a cast Iron Skillet and then finnish in the oven.

Rember it is all about fat content and texture. If you have a 40 to 50% fat content, you can cook a bit longer and the burger will still be juicy and have a nice crust. If you go for a learner burger, you can not cook as long or it will dry out.

Also, do not handle the beef to much, make 3 patties out of a pound by lightly patting them in your hands. Do not pack them too tightly.

You will not need much to go with this, and I recommend that you just enjoy it on it's own. If you must, use a fresh baked Chibotta bun (Brioche is too much) a dab of Heinz 57 (ONLY HEINZ).

If you are lazy, then the best burger you can purchase is at Goose & Gander in Saint Helna.

Suet, bacon and foie gras. Why isn't anyone doing that here?!

Finn

Staff member
My dinner from yesterday...

4DzeD.jpg

Stoo said:
Sounds good, Mickey, but I think Violet has a rule of not meeting internet people.
I think I met one of those "Internet people" the other day.

Well, I didn't actually meet him per se, because he was on the other side of the street and it was late and dark outside. But he was kinda creepy and scary. So I think he was from the Internet.

I immediately called my mom when I got home. She was just relieved to hear that I was okay and safe.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
I think I met one of those "Internet people" the other day.

Well, I didn't actually meet him per se, because he was on the other side of the street and it was late and dark outside. But he was kinda creepy and scary. So I think he was from the Internet.

I immediately called my mom when I got home. She was just relieved to hear that I was okay and safe.

Wow, sounds like you had a narrow escape. :eek:

I've heard some of these internet people pretend they work in burger bars. There are stories that some of them force their service on unwilling customers.

They just can't wait to put their meat between your buns.

Dr. Gonzo

Quick question; how do you folks feel about "Kobe" beef?

Worth it or overpriced?

For those who don't know...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VSU5Iu9Z9qI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These cows are massaged daily in shifts and drink 6 bottles of beer everyday.

when I grow up I want to be an alcoholic cow that is massaged daily...