What do your usernames mean?

Kate

I don't know if there's a thread like this yet or not, but I was just curious- where did everyone get their usernames? Mine, obviously, is my real name, but what about others?
Some are confusing (Ren, this means you!).

intergamer

intergamer is my birth name.

seriously, though, I've had intergamer since the dawn of mainstream internet..when I was 10 or so, I ran an online gaming portal..

Joe Brody

No Relation to Marcus. . . . .

'Joe Brody' is one of the many hapless souls in Raymond Chandler's 'The Big Sleep'. In my opinion, Joe Brody is THE classic small-time grafter who is famously described by his girlfriend Agnes as "[a] half smart guy". He's pretty pathetic -- but he's a neat character in both the novel and the film adaptation.

While I say there is no relation to Marcus, I've wondered if Joe Brody's name was the inspiration for Marcus Brody. It seems like when characters in the Indy movies weren't being named for people's dogs, names -- like Sallah's -- were being pulled from old movies.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
What's in a name?

Well, my middle name is "Titanic" and during my stints in the Navy and Police Academys (2 of 'em) I was cordially referred to as "Shipwreck" hence the name. But I like it - so no worries.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Some say it is a Nephilistic moniker indicating that most of my work here is designed to suck the marrow of life from this board by 25%;

Some believe it to be an anagram for one who carries a promise, (though none know what the promise is);

Others think it is the semblance of a mascot who lost to the lucky charms on the first Sunday Afternoon of 2004;

Still others see it as a tribute to Val Kilmner's character in Tombstone, Doc Holliday, who helped Wyatt Earp rid the town of Tombstone of the Clanton Bros.; all while being PALE with TB;

And finaly, there are even some who see it as a back handed nod to the camel in FoA...

The point is: Pale Horse is a mystery. Only those committed to studying all that Pale Horse may represent, will truely have an understanding of who I am.

Last edited:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Mine comes from the time I used to play X-wing Alliance (a Starwars game) on the internet (about five years ago).

My real first name is Xavier, add it to Vader:
Xavier + Vader = vaxer

It's a lower case 'v' in order to keep the symmetrical aspect. :)

Canyon

Canyon was taken from The Canyon of the Crescent Moon, from Last Crusade, and was the film that made me an Indy fan. ;)

westford

'Westford' was the surname of a character in a short story I started writing the day before I signed up at The Raven. I never finished the story, but the name's still going strong...

intergamer

tall square said:
Mine is a ridiculously clever reference to the famed Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom character, Short Round.

bha ha ha

<font color=#D9B98B>(I agree), circle gets the square</font>