What do your usernames mean?

Kate

apalehorse said:
Some say it is a Nephilistic moniker indicating that most of my work here is designed to suck the marrow of life from this board by 25%;

Some believe it to be an anagram for one who carries a promise, (though none know what the promise is);

Others think it is the semblance of a mascot who lost to the lucky charms on the first Sunday Afternoon of 2004;

Still others see it as a tribute to Val Kilmner's character in Tombstone, Doc Holliday, who helped Wyatt Earp rid the town of Tombstone of the Clanton Bros.; all while being PALE with TB;

And finaly, there are even some who see it as a back handed nod to the camel in FoA...

The point is: apalehorse is a mystery. Only those committed to studying all that apalehorse may represent, will truely have an understanding of who I am.

wow!!

Now THAT's what I call a quality post.

PS: Like my new signature? ;)

Tennessee R

Hey, looking back in like '01 or somewhere in there,
Finn used to be called FinnJones (And he confirmed that to me)
And Aaron H used to be called Raider (I think) Is that right Aaron H?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mine comes from a line in Last Crusade:

Elsa: "...he was as giddy as a schoolboy."
Indy: "Who, Attila the Professor? He was never giddy, even when he was a schoolboy."

Okay, I actually am the giddy sort, fairly often...but it still suits me.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Tennessee R said:
And Aaron H used to be called Raider (I think) Is that right Aaron H?

hmmm, in all this time I never heard that about Aaron H, strange

anywho, there have been several people to change their names:
DrJones 56 - jones1899
Tequilerous - Tiger Wolf
indy's trading post - Indy A
and a few others, but I don't remember what they were called befor

and then of corse, there are those who had multiple usernames, but that's another story alltogether

Finn

Staff member
How people started to call me Finn... well, that's one story no one's going to buy at the first time, so I won't bother to go in detail. All I can say is that it involves an Irish exchange student and a crate of Finnish beer.

Magda

Finn said:
How people started to call me Finn... well, that's one story no one's going to buy at the first time, so I won't bother to go in detail. All I can say is that it involves an Irish exchange student and a crate of Finnish beer.
Why does that not surprise me? :p

Tennessee R

00Kevin said:
Tennessee R said:
and then of corse, there are those who had multiple usernames, but that's another story alltogether

Why, you don't want to get into that 00Kevin? :)

Oh, Westford, why don't you finish that story? I'm anxious to see what she's like. ;)

Yes, 00Kevin, I was looking back, and Aaron H said:
"Funny that Earlier in this Table "(and here he accidently said someone else)" gloated about having a better
board..." To which the operator of Indy-Web.com, (or something like that), was saying:
..."Sorry, that "The Raider" person really throws me off..."

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
"TheRaider" was, and still is, my name. When I became a mod, Gilles thought it would simplify things if I changed it to my real name...so I did.

If you think keeping up with one Jones is exciting, try keeping up with two of them!

Harrison Ford dons his rumpled fedora for the third time as Indiana Jones, and Sean Connery joins the thrill-a-minute fun as Indy's feisty dad. Filmmakers Steven Spielberg and George Lucas make sure this father-son duo never lack for adventure. The Joneses set out to find the mystically-empowered Holy Grail - and encounter so many spectacular pursuits and narrow escapes that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is more than the culmination of Indy's exploits. It's "the greatest adventure in film history"
From the back of my Last Crusade VHS Box.

Tennessee R

Aaron H said:
"TheRaider" was, and still is, my name. When I became a mod, Gilles thought it would simplify things if I changed it to my real name...so I did.

Aha. Thank you Aaron. It's great to have insight into the past, and still know we are moving on into the future. :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
So I guess this entire Website and forum is not about Indiana Jones.........

.......It's about Aaron H, the hero of the gang ;)

THIS IS HIS LIFE STORY

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
00Kevin said:
So I guess this entire Website and forum is not about Indiana Jones.........

.......It's about Aaron H, the hero of the gang ;)

THIS IS HIS LIFE STORY
As my sig says, "gee thanks!:*)" The real hero here is Gilles and his tireless efforts for keeping TRN together.

westford

Tennessee R said:
Oh, Westford, why don't you finish that story? I'm anxious to see what she's like. ;)
She was actually a he... His first name was Jones - I'd been watching Raiders and was briefly inspired to write something. I dunno, Jones Westford just seemed like a cool name. Also, it gave rise to lines of dialogue such as:

"So Jones, what do your friends call you?"
"Jones."
"OK, so what's your first name?"
"Jones."
"Riiight..."

He was a man of few words... :p

Tennessee R

westford said:
Tennessee R said:
She was actually a he... His first name was Jones - I'd been watching Raiders and was briefly inspired to write something. I dunno, Jones Westford just seemed like a cool name. Also, it gave rise to lines of dialogue such as:

"So Jones, what do your friends call you?"
"Jones."
"OK, so what's your first name?"
"Jones."
"Riiight..."

He was a man of few words... :p

Ha Ha :)
So, the legendary Westford, If he was Jones Westford, I guess that makes you Mrs. Westford? :)