What do your usernames mean?

EvilDevo

devin being my first name... and 149 representing:
'81
'84
'89
im sure you kids know what happened on those dates

Junior Jones

Junior Jones should be obvious, but I'll add that I first got into Indiana Jones because of the Young Indy Chronicles. I especially like the interaction between Indy and his father.

Katarn07

Matthias - My name.... only the Greek form of it. Hey, it sounds cooler! Also it's the hero of one of the greatest books of all time, Redwall.

1138 - Any SW geek should know this one.... Still don't know? GL's first movie was THX 1138 and that number appears in every SW film (well, I'm not sure where it is in Return of the Jedi but it's in the rest of them :p)

Maj. Eaton

Rarely have I been asked for credential, or an explination defending them. It's quite simple really.

I am a Major with the United States Army, which is just above Captian. It is a commissioned position, with the the benefits of being [O-4] All joking aside, I still have to answer to my partner, Col. Musgrove, but we all know who does the real work.

Eaton is the surname given to me at 'birth', and no it is not a back handed reference to my weight.

~draws long on his pipe.

I

Indy_Jones88

Mine is self explanitory lol. But for other websites I usually use the screenname Macvsog88.

My granddad fought in vietnam and this is the unit he was in. They would go behind enemy lines into Cambodia and sit on the hoch-i-men trail. When the vietcong would pass they would call in an airstrike.

88 is my birthyear

Finn

Staff member
You know, that would have been a cool username to have here too, actually. In my opinion, personal username is always better than something tuned up to the subject of the board your about to join.

But whatever keeps your boat floatin'. ;)

Joe Brody

Maj. Eaton said:
I am a Major with the United States Army, which is just above Captian. It is a commissioned position, with the the benefits of being [O-4]

[Jokingly] Major is also the rank where an officer's career typically stalls -- it's a near stereotype in the Army to find the brooding major who's been passed over for attending war colleges and posts that are required for further advancement. This stereotype, I'm sure has relevance on Major Eaton -- who I am sure only gets the best reviews.

grumpus

well, mines from the good ol jack in the box commercials. the ones with the lady and her cats. my full name is Grumpus Von Puffy Bottom, well the cats name was

Urmel

My name comes from a german puppet theatre. It is called "Augsburger Puppenkiste". One of my favorite Puppets in childhood was "Urmel" so i took the name.

intergamer

To understand my name, one first has to take as an axiom that there are infinitely many twin primes. Use a genetic algorithm to find the most ballerific such prime, and run the binary ascii representation of that number through a Burger King Big Kids Meal Decoder (circa 1997). Next start a war and take over an arbitrary Middle Eastern Nation (this will come in handy later). The solution becomes obvious. Proof left to the reader as an exercise.

i.n.t-e.r-g.a.m-e.r

ooh, and I just found out that you can rate threads.

Luckylighter

I named myself after the lighter from Last Crusade with the 4 leaf clover on it, and I'm part Irish, so it seemed appropriate.

Although, now that I think about it, the lighter did belong to Elsa at first, so maybe on an unconscious level I was implying that I want to be manhandled by Elsa / Alison. ;)

A guy can dream...

Indyologist

Wow-- this is a cool thread! It's so interesting to hear the origins of people's usernames.

I "study" Indy, so my "title" (since the tender age of 14) has been Indyologist.

"Indy, meaning Indiana Jones and 'ologist' meaning" (pauses, checks spelling) O-L-O-G-I-S-T-- meaning 'study of.' Okay, let's get back to this: Turkean Barrows near Hazelton."

Wait a minute. How did I end up in a classroom? Where did this chalk come from? :confused:

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Should have moved this thread earlier.

Anyway, my username is simply my real name. And the "V" is the first letter of my last name. How original eh!

Luckylighter

Indyologist notices a guy in the front row staring amorously in her direction. He blinks revealing the words. "Love You" printed on his eyelids.

Indyologist pauses, stunned, disbelieving, and a little flattered by the attention from this attractive student in the front row. She wonders, "How was he able to print it on his eyelids by himself?" and, "What kind of guy rights love notes on his eyelids?"

The guy, who calls himself Lucky, blinks again, slower, so that Indyologist can better see the note that was indeed meant for her alone.

Their romantic reverie is interrupted when Indyologist realizes that Lucky is certainly no Harrison Ford.

;) Sorry, I could not resist the set up.