What do your usernames mean?

I picked this name when I was but a wee lad of...what, seven, eight, nine? I think it came from how I imagined stories where I went on adventures with Indy, sort of like Short Round. So I came to Indyfan, needed a name, and came up with Ben, Friend of Indy. I've kept the name over the years, with the only change being the subtraction of the comma due to not being able to use that when I register for boards.

Indyologist

Luckylighter said:
Indyologist notices a guy in the front row staring amorously in her direction. He blinks revealing the words. "Love You" printed on his eyelids.

Indyologist pauses, stunned, disbelieving, and a little flattered by the attention from this attractive student in the front row. She wonders, "How was he able to print it on his eyelids by himself?" and, "What kind of guy rights love notes on his eyelids?"

The guy, who calls himself Lucky, blinks again, slower, so that Indyologist can better see the note that was indeed meant for her alone.

Their romantic reverie is interrupted when Indyologist realizes that Lucky is certainly no Harrison Ford.

;) Sorry, I could not resist the set up.

LOL! Cute, Lucky! :D ;)

Webley

Gilles V said:
Anyway, my username is simply my real name. And the "V" is the first letter of my last name. How original eh!
I always thought the "V" was ment to be a 5.

Onya

onya_woods is my hotmail account.

It has no actual meaning, and was derived from nothing but my own wacked brain, although Greg took it as pervy and called me a "ho" once upon a time. The funny thing is, I only saw it that way once he basically flat-out told me....

Oh, yeah, Ben? I did the same thing at seven and eight, only it was with Star Wars (I was a serious nut at that time--I had never even heard of Indy Jones until much later).

So I guess I was Liz, friend of Chewbacca, running around in my gymnastics outfit with my dog, making friends with a stormtrooper I called Matt.

I nearly killed myself doing that, because my imagination ran a little too far into real life, and almost suffocated because--ugh, I can't going any further with this.

It's all rather embarrassing to look back on now.

whipem

Mine comes from the Emperor's Tomb instruction manual (best manual I've ever seen!), where Indy writes, "When in doubt, whip 'em!" 816 refers to my birthday, August sixteenth.

Ska

My last name is Sabatula, and I'm a big fan of Ska music, so wa-la, a smooshed the two togeter into Skabatula. But I'm sure not too many people care...

Finally 100 posts. Time to find an avatar!!!

Ska

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyologist said:
Wow-- this is a cool thread! It's so interesting to hear the origins of people's usernames.

I "study" Indy, so my "title" (since the tender age of 14) has been Indyologist.

"Indy, meaning Indiana Jones and 'ologist' meaning" (pauses, checks spelling) O-L-O-G-I-S-T-- meaning 'study of.'

I suppose it really means "studier of," eh? :p

the hammer42

I got this name from the members of my band.
A newspaper wrote an article about me and said that I used the hammer playing style. Just like Mark king from Level 42.
So my friends started to call me The Hammer42.

qwerty

qwerty is something that can be typed in under half of a second. plus every time you look at your keyboard you see a little bit of me. :)

Clinton
From a surname which was originally from a place name meaning "settlement on the summit" in Old Scandinavian

Hammond
Ham-mount, the town or house on the elevation. It may come from Hamon.

So I guess my name means I'm pretty high..... Or that I'm King Of The Mountian!

LOL

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, it may surprise you lot that Violet isn't my real name (Well, this wouldn't surprise VP, BrodyIsDead, possibly Indy 123 and possibly Gilles V). Violet is a name that I picked up in my last year of high school. Apparently I reminded people of Violet Boudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events, because I was new that year and no one was willing to be friendly and get to know me and so I kept to myself a lot. It was also because of my intelligence and the meer concedience that my favourite colour is violet, which is considered the colour of creativity. The Indy part was just a nice little addition and I was too lazy to think of anything else and Violet Ravenwood was too long.

HovitosKing

I thought the Hovitos were wicked in Raiders, what with their poison darts and brazen nudity and all...and I always loved the line, "If they knew we were here, they would have killed us already."

Back in '01 I was arrogant enough to elect myself leader of said tribe, thus the "King" bit. No idea why I didn't use "Chief" or some other title, but I was probably under the influence of alcohol at the time.

monkey

I am "Monkey" because I am ......Simian....in many ways.

I think I identify with......and probably have more in common with....my simian brothers and sisters, than with humankind.

annu

annu is a nickname that I got at higschool because my first name is too long to shout, and there was another girl who had same name.