Video Games

Indyologist

Ahhh-- nice! Just make sure it works with your system okay. Someone told me that sometimes when you don't buy "licensed" accessories for XBox they either don't work or if they damage your system, they null & void your warranty.

Indyologist

This thread is heading towards the bottom already? I'm surprised!

Does anyone else want to discuss any video games?

Indyologist

VP said:
Have you guys played the Prince of Persia?

I have it for SNES. Once you get the movements down, it's a lot of fun. However, it's been set aside until I can strangle Von Beck and his **)&^(^& tank!

Indyologist

Hm. The first one, I guess. The senario is same old, same old. Rescue the pathetic broad who couldn't fight her way out of a paper bag.

Geez, bet you'd never see Lara Croft imprisoned in a tower or whatnot!

Finn

Staff member
Lara could easily jump out through the open window, she has the nature's own safety padding to protect her the fall...

Indyologist

Finn said:
Lara could easily jump out through the open window, she has the nature's own safety padding to protect her the fall...

LOL! Nothing like built-in airbags, eh Finn? How much you wanna bet she'd bounce, too? ;)

Deadlock

On your recommendation, Indyologist, I just checked out some Fable sites... It looks awesome!!! The character graphics look WAY better than Morrowind. Hopefully it will have some freedom to customize more than your mere appearance and weaponry. I will definitely be checking this one out!

Indyologist

Deadlock said:
On your recommendation, Indyologist, I just checked out some Fable sites... It looks awesome!!! The character graphics look WAY better than Morrowind. Hopefully it will have some freedom to customize more than your mere appearance and weaponry. I will definitely be checking this one out!

Y'know Dead, I just looked up some of the links from the Morrowind site and I'm just blown away. The world and culture of Morrowind is just as beautiful and complex as Middle Earth! Dag, I am SO tempted to get Morrowind Gold that it's not even funny!

Yes, Fable looks awesome, doesn't it? I'm going to wait a few months after it comes out to buy it so maybe I can get it used. Man, how I love RPGs!!

Glad you found my information useful, BTW...

Indyologist

Guess what I got this weekend...

Morrowind Gold: Game of the Year Edition! Yehaw! I'd appreciate any advice, suggestions, etc.

Indyologist

Question-- speaking of RPGs...

I was just wondering, is there such as thing as an RPG (probably online) where your character can communicate with other characters who are real-life players and a bunch of them can get together and say, "hey, you want to raid that dungeon in X together? I'll split the loot with you." ? There must be some kind of on-line, live game out there that is played in some huge mythical world where you can get together with other live players and go on quests together.

Does something like that exsist anywhere?

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Question-- speaking of RPGs...

Indyologist said:
I was just wondering, is there such as thing as an RPG (probably online) where your character can communicate with other characters who are real-life players and a bunch of them can get together and say, "hey, you want to raid that dungeon in X together? I'll split the loot with you." ? There must be some kind of on-line, live game out there that is played in some huge mythical world where you can get together with other live players and go on quests together.

Does something like that exsist anywhere?

It's called an MMORPG (massivly multiplayer online role playing game). There are tones as of today (Star wars galaxies, everquest, world or warcraft, dark ages of camelot and the list goes on and on).

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
my favorit games are: (randomly ordered)

X-Wing alliance
Tomb Raider I,II
Fate of Atlantis
Infernal Machine
Jedi knight I,II
knights of the old republic
Pirates of the caribean
No One lives forever II (only an old game if you compare it to Doom3 or HL2 other then that the jupiter engin still lives up)

Indyologist

Re: Re: Question-- speaking of RPGs...

vaxer said:
It's called an MMORPG (massivly multiplayer online role playing game). There are tones as of today (Star wars galaxies, everquest, world or warcraft, dark ages of camelot and the list goes on and on).

That is so neat! Maybe someday I'll join one. For right now, ET and Morrowind are keeping me busy...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Lets see...

XBOX:
Halo
Knights of the Old Republic
Halo
Brute Force
Halo
Crimson Skies
Halo
Myst III
Halo
Hmmm...did I mention Halo?

PC:
Age of Mythology: Titans
Age of Kings (my expansion pack cd is scratched up too much)
Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots
Halo: Combat Evolved (slightly different from the XBOX version)
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Fate of Atlantis (works if you emulate DOS mode in Windows XP)

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Halo 2 (surprised?), Fable, and KotOR II. Not to mention my new job means I can get these at discount:).

Katarn07

I hated Morrowind. Is there a story to it? If so, it didn't grab me right away like all the BioWare ones I've played do. Story and additional characters are crucial in a game of any kind in order for me to not get sick of it.

X-Wing Alliance could have gotten really bad after awhile but it was the story that made me finish it. I loved that game! Why did it end so stupidly? What became of the Uncle? They need to make a sequel to that. If they're going to go cancel original titles, at least make a sequel to this classic!

MMORGs aren't all that, by the way. I would advise you don't let their appeal let you waste money. The Matrix one looks the coolest but I'm holding off. They need to make a SP Matrix RPG. That'd be awesome.