The Raven Adventurers: New Begining

Magda

Ameera contemplatively gazed at the rifle and then at her would-be assassin. Was he joking? For all she knew, the rifle could have been a distraction or even empty; on the other hand, the expression on his face indicated both sincerity and desperation to get out of the freezing storm. It seemed to be getting even colder outside with dusk setting in.

?That will not be necessary,? she finally told him before turning on her heel and made way back into the office where Eddie looked less than happy.

?What the hell is the deal, pal? Thanks to you, it?s not only going to be cold outside, but in here too,? Eddie spat, already halfway across the room. He looked at Deadlock and then shifted his gaze to the other man standing outside; much to his chagrin, the office was suddenly populated by two possibly dangerous strangers and one extremely dangerous familiar. ?Who are you guys anyway?? The Italian-American narrowed his eyes when he looked at Ameera. ?Are these your friends??

?What makes you think that?? Ameera asked and sat down in a worn, yet surprisingly comfortable leather couch. "And don't worry about the door. You have another one." She nodded to the second door leading inside from the vestibule.

Eddie drew his left forearm in towards his shoulder and pointed at Deadlock with his thumb. He said, ?This guy just broke my front door. He?s violent, and violence follows you everywhere, Ameera. You need some new friends? and therapy.?

?And you need anger management,? the olive-skinned adventuress purred.

Eddie scoffed. Coming from Ameera, the statement was amusing to his ears. He needed anger management? She was the one who seemed menstrual the majority of the time and failed miserably at controlling it. As if further complicating her "issues" (as he liked to call it), she kept a dangerous amount of fire power on her body at all times, and although she slept with nothing on, a Desert Eagle remained within reach no matter where she slept . He called it paranoia. She called it preparedness.

?That?s coming from the queen of anger issues," Eddie retorted, bitterness evident in his tone.

Tom Jones

Together the three adventurers departed the small shed and turned back to the grave of the dead hero. He had died before his time; he had so much to live for?but he had also lost so much. In the end Tom decided, death isn?t what had claimed the young man?s life, but revenge.
Jones took off his seared and misshaped felt fedora in respect for the now liberated soul. Resting it against his faded jean pants leg he bowed his head with the others. Tom vowed that he would never let himself become overcome with the lust for revenge. As much pain and anguish as he?d been through he wouldn?t throw his life away to take another?s.

After a long moment of silence Tom put his hat back over his wet and matted hair. ?Well we?ve done all we can, he?s free now?? the archeologist turned to his remaining companions. ?I think now would be the best time to begin our new journey?? Tom let the words fade away as the wind around them intensified. He saw that KDuncan and Ben didn?t share his eagerness to leave just yet.

Paden

Paden edged inside the doorway, well aware of the tension in the room. He directed his attention to the man that the Arab woman had been arguing with, who obviously was in a position of authority at the airstrip. "Mister," Paden said with a crooked smile, "I really don't think anyone is looking for trouble. I think we're just wanting out of the cold."

Ben felt like his feet were stuck in cement, his head still drooping between his shoulders. He was reluctant to leave, while Tom seemed to be jumping at the chance to leave. He assumed that it had something to do with the history that the two clearly shared, but wasn't going to press it any further. With a fairly depressed sigh, he admitted quietly, "I guess you're right."

00Kevin

Indyfan
after the burial and a few words, The warm, friendly wind gave them all a warm squeeze, then it picked up, almost pushing the raveners away from the grave, as if someone was saying "thank you for being good friends, I am always with you, but don't be stuck in the past....now move on with your lives, and make the best of it."

the raveners did not even need to exchange looks. they all turned and walked away...one by one, until all had gone. A dark figure in all black emerged from the shadows to say his farewell, then retreated into the night......

and left 00kevin in peace......

A Dark room, a decision had been made, and 2 giant doors opened slowly, letting in a wall of light rays. the wall grew larger and larger until soon it had engulfed the entire room and revealed a beautiful Valley, large open fields full of flowers, a garden that underneth rivers flow, beyond that a cliff and a view of the beautiful landscape. A beautiful obediance of running hills and mountains of lush green, some with snow at the peak. The birds were chirping, the sun bright and the sky blue and clear. A land of certainty and eternity.

00Kevin Frederic Moore the third, as he had been known on earth, emerged from the room, he turned back and smiled, nodding, then faced forwards and journeyed through the field. a cool wind met him, as he was within 30 feet of the cliff, blowing up leaves all around him, and on the edge stood a figure. A farmiliar figure.

As his eyes met hers, he could not breath, this was like no dream, no wish. to see her again, he could not think, all could do was run to her, and she ran to him, and all the love, and all the warmth, and the the anticipation......

And they met, and they discovered and they feel in love with each other all over again. and He starred deep into her blue eyes and said "We made it, Jenny, We Made it!"

and they kissed an eternal kiss, and all there was was love, and they would not let this moment die, and they could always come back to this moment, but for now they would let it live and they had all of eternity to get to know each other and themselves again.

and a prayer, so that all people of all walks of life reach their true love; weather it be a companion, or a thrist for adventure, or the friendship, or a hobbie, or to experience life or for something that is so much more. And let them all feel this moment within themselves as they too experience the victory of love, now

tomorrow

and forever....................

Tom Jones

The clouds above the three adventurers were beginning to darken as they made their way down the rocky path leading to the old airfield. The wind shrieked around them as the snow fell over them steadily whitening out the landscape. The only indicators that they were going in the right direction were the markers that had been placed along the strenuous path. Tom shivered and grunted. The cold was beginning to get to him just like it had before. Although he was recovered from his little vacation with the Russians he was still sore from the firefight that had claimed 00Kevin?s life.

KDuncan

KDuncan turned to Tom. "When we get back to The Raven, I think we'll all need a cup of coffee.. no matter how icy it is, it will be warmer than this!"

Tom Jones

Tom watched as KDuncan blew into her gloved hands and rubbed them together trying to stay warm. Unzipping his jacket Jones slipped out of the heavy leather and laid it over KDuncan's shoulders. ?I think you'll need this more then I do sweetheart.? Smiling warmly he reassured her that he'd be all right without it. ?I sure wish I still had some cigs though. Those babies were the only thing that kept me going after I had escaped from that Russian base.?

KDuncan

They all trudged towards The Raven, and could see it better now, they were getting closer. KDuncan, feeling grateful for the warmth of Tom's jacket, thought for a moment, "Sorry I can't help you there, Jones... I don't smoke.. maybe Ben could give you one?"

Tom Jones

?Eh, that's okay...they're not suppose to be that good for me anyway. About time I start fighting the craving.? Tom tried to keep them talking, it would at least keep their minds off of the bitter cold for a while. ?So what are you going to do after you help us track down that medallion guy in New York? You have a job to get back to or anything??

KDuncan

KDuncan was silent for a couple seconds. "Well," she began, "I used to draw a comic for a local newspaper, but they dropped me a couple months ago.. I had lagged and not sent in the latest comics because I was out here, by The Raven... I've got some degrees in ornithology, but I haven't started looking for a job with that yet.. and I'm occasionally a "dog shrink" and help with dog behavior problems, or fix someone's stupid computer... but, so far, I've liked it the most out here, with you and Ben... so right now I'm not too sure, I suppose I'll figure it out once we make it to New York... what about you, Jones?"

Tom Jones

?Well...? Jones let the single word hang for a few moments, stuffing his hands deep into his jean pockets. ?I work for the curator of the National Museum in New York City, Marcus Brody. You could call me an obtainer of rare antiquities. I got a Doctorate in archeology when I was twenty-seven. But now? I just wander around the world, rummaging about in the old-forgotten corners of the past, searching for a cause.? Tom then laughed, his eyes meeting KDuncan?s. ?Of course if I do happen to come across an artifact here and there I?ll fly on back to Marcus and collect my payment for delivering another relic to the museum.?

Tom Jones

?I usually work solo. I prefer it that way. I only have to take care of myself.? Tom took in a mouthful of the crisp air and let it back out slowly. ?Sounds kind of lonely doesn?t it.?

Last edited:
Ben walked silently with the others, paying attention to the conversation and at the same time being attacked with thoughts of the past twelve hours...and wonderings of what could come in the next twelve.

It felt nice, just walking at a relatively slow pace, with these people he considered his friends. Despite the chilling weather and the darkness, there was something about walking along, with streetlights glistening in the snow. It just got to him--in a good way. It warmed his heart, and he needed that a lot right now. He was enjoying the moment, with Tom...and KDuncan...she seemed nice: pretty, with a good heart. At the same time he thought that, he remembered Tom's fairly obvious--and at the same time, subtle, mild--displays of his feelings. But instead of worrying about it, he chuckled quietly to himself, took in a deep breath, and exhaled, and simply enjoyed the moment.

KDuncan

KDuncan thought momentarilly about Tom's statement, "I guess in a way it does. I've only been around here a short while, but I'll admit I'm having a lot more fun now that I'm with you and Ben."

Deadlock

Back at the airfield...

Judging by Ameera's body-language, Deadlock guessed that he'd read the door in the face correctly: it was a game.

Now that the prospect of freezing to death had been taken off the table, Deadlock surveyed his situation. Ameera's American friend seemed a bit put off by his entrance, but it was obvious that Ameera was the one calling the shots. Could he be a partner or her boyfriend? "Knowing her type, probably an ex," the sniper thought to himself.

Then there was the newcomer, the cowboy who blew in through the door just after him.

Deadlock removed his snow-covered overcoat. ?I think some introductions are in order. I?m Deadlock?? the sniper laid his rifle on a table, ?and yes, I know how to use this thing.?

Paden

Paden didn't doubt Deadlock's assertion. The question was what kind of business sent a professional like him up to this desolated patch of the Himalayas? Who, amongst the bodies that were now in the process of freezing solid, had he been sent for? The British agent? Given the woman's reaction to him, she obviously had some inkling of what he did for a living. Even more impressive, she didn't seem to show an ounce of fear. If anything, she seemed...amused. Surely she couldn't be Deadlock's target. Paden rejected the idea out of hand. He doubted that anyone the mercenary was stalking would even be aware of the fact, until the instant that death was upon them.

Paden tipped his hat. "The name's Paden. Until this storm came along, I was just passing through."

Tom Jones

Just outside the Raven...

Jones smiled modestly as he rubbed his bare hands and blew into them. He tried to suppress a shiver and took his eyes off KDuncan. His smile then curved into a smirk as he realized they were just a few steps away from the warmth of the rundown tavern. ?Jeez, it seems like we were farther away then we were. I expected us to turn into ice cubes before we even reached the doorstep.?

KDuncan

"Yeah, me too," KDuncan replied, opening the door that led into what was left of the Raven. "Wow," she said, "That explosion sure didn't help things any in here."