Administrator
Staff member
Edvard Munch's The Scream...
Results.jpg

Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.
4-Finished.jpg

Joe Brody

They Don't Fall Far From The Tree

So I notice my daughter this morning playing a video game on her PC called Oregon Trail -- in which play a character traveling west in 1848. The largest single item in her character's supplies? 382 pounds of bacon.

|ZiR|

Been completely vegetarion for over a year now, and have since found a great replacement for bacon; shiitake bacon! It totally livens up salads and baked potatoes. Prep is crazy simple, too, and almost every grocery store carries shiitake.

1. destem mushrooms leaving the gills intact, discard stalks

2. thinly slice mushroom caps

3. place in medium bowl and coat with soy sauce (whorchester, or maggi are good as well), allow to marinate for a min. of 10 minutes

4. drain "bacon" and spread on baking sheet; bake at 350 until roasted (about 15mins)

5. om nom nom

Montana Smith

There's also a replacement Kevin Bacon, which comes in an ersatz ham wrap:

480_hollow-man.jpg

Warning: over consumption may induce voyeurism and murderous tendencies.

|ZiR|

C'mon, Pale, being a vegetarian is awesome. It comes with this cool undeserved sense of moral superiority to everyone around you. Chicks tend to dig it, too.

To keep this post bacon related, I have to ask... How can bacon be so decadent and yet so very lowbrow at the same time?

P.S., thanks Drifter (and those in the C&A thread) for the welcome back. It's good to be back. :hat: