Bacon

IndyBuff

roundshort said:
you people have no heart! I don't think ou burnt he candles one by one, you need all three going at once!

Perhaps but then it might turn into sensory overload. Too many scents and not enough time to enjoy each one individually.;)

phatr32

woah how did i miss this post?

pig is my fav food group! bacon, ham, pork ribs, what ever, i love it!!

no meat is better than pork.

that article sounds good!

steve

roundshort

phatr32 said:
woah how did i miss this post?

pig is my fav food group! bacon, ham, pork ribs, what ever, i love it!!

no meat is better than pork.

that article sounds good!

steve

ummmm bacon

Paden

When I was a child, I didn?t spend much time in from of the television, but I did watch my share of Saturday morning cartoons. One of several shows that I recall from that era is The Smurfs. I was never much of a Smurfs fan myself, being much more attuned to shows that didn?t ooze cuteness, such as those devoted to various superheroes or Bugs Bunny and associates (I think my appreciation for Looney Tunes still manifests itself in my personality ;)). Nevertheless, I was exposed to enough Smurfs episodes to get a sense of the overarching conflicts and themes that dominated the little blue creatures? world. Among the problems that occasionally encroached on the Smurfs? idyllic existence among the toadstools was a black-clad, wizard wannabe named Gargamel, who harbored a fair amount of hostility toward them. Gargamel invested considerable amounts of time and energy into attempts to capture the Smurfs, although naturally, his diabolical plans were regularly foiled. What I remember that chiefly disturbed me about Gargamel?s actions was the primary motivation behind them: he wanted to catch the Smurfs so he could eat them. The whole idea seemed revolting to me, but given the ongoing effort Gargamel was willing to put into snagging the little blue guys, it appeared that he was pretty convinced that they were a real taste treat. In contemplating that idea amongst the other random thoughts crowding my consciousness this morning, I think I may finally have hit on the answer for Gargamel?s unswerving devotion to the hunt.

Maybe Smurfs taste like bacon. :p

roundshort

Paden said:
When I was a child, I didn?t spend much time in from of the television, but I did watch my share of Saturday morning cartoons. One of several shows that I recall from that era is The Smurfs. I was never much of a Smurfs fan myself, being much more attuned to shows that didn?t ooze cuteness, such as those devoted to various superheroes or Bugs Bunny and associates (I think my appreciation for Looney Tunes still manifests itself in my personality ;)). Nevertheless, I was exposed to enough Smurfs episodes to get a sense of the overarching conflicts and themes that dominated the little blue creatures? world. Among the problems that occasionally encroached on the Smurfs? idyllic existence among the toadstools was a black-clad, wizard wannabe named Gargamel, who harbored a fair amount of hostility toward them. Gargamel invested considerable amounts of time and energy into attempts to capture the Smurfs, although naturally, his diabolical plans were regularly foiled. What I remember that chiefly disturbed me about Gargamel?s actions was the primary motivation behind them: he wanted to catch the Smurfs so he could eat them. The whole idea seemed revolting to me, but given the ongoing effort Gargamel was willing to put into snagging the little blue guys, it appeared that he was pretty convinced that they were a real taste treat. In contemplating that idea amongst the other random thoughts crowding my consciousness this morning, I think I may finally have hit on the answer for Gargamel?s unswerving devotion to the hunt.

Maybe Smurfs taste like bacon. :p

I love it Blue Bacon, but while I am no smurfs expert, I do like to think of myself as an 80's triva guy, (hey I am in sales, you never know when this crap helps), and I think he wanted the Smurfs, to turn them into gold! I expect this knowledge will will me much $$$ in Jeopardy someday. I probably woudl have watched the smurfs if they were eaten on a regular basis! I think the Family guy had a neat take on a bad smurf spin off called "the snorks" this I know nothing about!

IndyBuff

roundshort said:
hmmmm Vaxer was crying about stupid theads on the Raven,

I KNOW he was not talking about this one . . . .

Indeed. I think this thread really stands out as showing how much The Raven has to offer.;)

Indyologist

:rolleyes: I'm mostly Hungarian and pork dishes are a favorite among Hungarians. One of the most famous is a receipe called "Gypsy Bacon." It used to be made by Hungarian shepherds for dinner when they were out in the fields at night tending their flocks. My cousins make it in their backyard once a year, though I've never had it.

Basically you get a whole bacon rind, put it on a spit, and roast it over a fire. Underneath the bacon, you place thick slices of good bread that has smothered onions and peppers on it. As the bacon cooks, the bacon fat drips onto the bread. When it has enough bacon drippings on it, you eat it up. As the bacon itself cooks, slices are cut off of it and eaten with the bread, too.

I've GOT to try this someday! Doesn't it sound divine? God, I am SO glad I'm not a vegetarian. I hate the thought of animals being killed, but JEEZE, they are so DARN delicious!

Gosh, guess what I have to go to the store and get today for breakfast tomorrow...

Jay R. Zay

Indy said:
Indeed. I think this thread really stands out as showing how much The Raven has to offer.;)

why the hell did you damn blasphemer write "this thread" in lowercase letters while you wrote "The Raven" with caps, huh? :mad: it's "the raven" and "This Thread", if not even "This Thread". understood, ignorant fool?

roundshort

Jay R. Zay said:
why the hell did you damn blasphemer write "this thread" in lowercase letters while you wrote "The Raven" with caps, huh? :mad: it's "the raven" and "This Thread", if not even "This Thread". understood, ignorant fool?

#1, I agree Indyologist, thats sounds like a mighty good dish, somehting that Would be For whom the bell tolls,
#2, Jay is right, when refering to THE BACON thread, all caps should be used!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
roundshort said:
hmmmm Vaxer was crying about stupid theads on the Raven,

I KNOW he was not talking about this one . . . .

the truth is, I havn't read this thread at all (except the three last posts). Not sure I wanna start though...

phatr32

holy crap! that sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the doc told me i was never allowed to eat meat again, id kill my self!

Mushroom a subsitute for meat? yeah bull****.........

steve

Indyologist said:
:rolleyes: I'm mostly Hungarian and pork dishes are a favorite among Hungarians. One of the most famous is a receipe called "Gypsy Bacon." It used to be made by Hungarian shepherds for dinner when they were out in the fields at night tending their flocks. My cousins make it in their backyard once a year, though I've never had it.

Basically you get a whole bacon rind, put it on a spit, and roast it over a fire. Underneath the bacon, you place thick slices of good bread that has smothered onions and peppers on it. As the bacon cooks, the bacon fat drips onto the bread. When it has enough bacon drippings on it, you eat it up. As the bacon itself cooks, slices are cut off of it and eaten with the bread, too.

I've GOT to try this someday! Doesn't it sound divine? God, I am SO glad I'm not a vegetarian. I hate the thought of animals being killed, but JEEZE, they are so DARN delicious!

Gosh, guess what I have to go to the store and get today for breakfast tomorrow...

roundshort

phatr32 said:
holy crap! that sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the doc told me i was never allowed to eat meat again, id kill my self!

Mushroom a subsitute for meat? yeah bull****.........

steve

Oh how right you are! Mushrooms, eggplant . . . they are both great in thier place, but man, nothing but nothing beats a big hunk of bacon!

roundshort

Man, I was jus in DisneyLand for a wine geek thing, and one of the restaurants in the hotel we were at, had , get this

A B.L.T. Pizza, it was great, a nice flat bread crust, freash tomatoes, avacoado, and yes a heaping helping of Applewood smoked Bacon! (yea there was some green too)
Man was it good!

roundshort

Paden said:
Not recently. But here's a novel serving suggestion. ;)

Ah yes the Luther . . .
One of the radio shows here in the bay area (if you don't know San Fran is one of the 2 dining Mecca's in North America, some say we are snobby), and they actaully cooked these up. Now I have not had one, but the response by those who tasted them was, unbelievable. Like many the people who were trying them, were sickend by the idea, but inthe end they all had to admit, how great they were.

My job allows me to be a food snob and eat at some of hte best places inthe world . . .but . . .I do have to say, this is an interesting idea!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indyologist said:
QUOTE]

How many Hungarians have joined the Raven? I'm Hungarian (in part anyway), Rae-deemer's Hungarian and you're Hungarian! And notice that we're all female!
Back to the pork-related topic... I'm sure some Hungarian somewhere has had pork goulash, in place of beef or chicken... And the best breakfast is bacon and eggs with buttered toast...