Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this soccer or rugby?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Pale Horse

Staff member
Football league. Just wanted to gauge the interest here of how many members would want to be apart of the American cult phenomenon of Fantasy Football....

Joe Brody

What's the time commitment? Doing a draft, picking a weekly line-up and then tallyng up results each week?

I might be game -- especially if some of the EU members join. Nothing like aiding-and-abetting the exportation of the culture.

roundshort

I have done FF before, and someone as to make a huge time commemnet to tallyt he scores the trades, etc . . .it is fun, but my team usually enfds up lookign like the Steelers, and they are not good for Fantasty football, only WINNING SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roundshort

temple of john said:
I've been in a Fantasy Football league now for 11 years with the same guys. We have an account on www.cbssportsline.com. The site allows you to make your lineups, pick up players and also has a nice format each sunday where the screen is a head to head matchup against your opponent. It also keeps track of all scoring. Yopu just have to enter your leagues formulas.

We all love it. We each pay $100 (12 teams) and when the draft comes, we pick numbers out of a hat and go at it. I have won the league twice and have been runner up in the championship game twice but it really is all luck. You can study players all you want but the fact remains that Injuries are going to make or break your season. The roster is as follows every year...

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
2 K
2 D/ST
1 flex

I look forward to it every year. My draft is August 27th at 2pm. I can't wait!!!

WE have a weekly prize of $25 to the team with the most points. The Championship game is in week 16 (not 17 because the playoff teams sit their starters in that week).

The money at the end works out like this...

$25/week X 13 = $325
Division winners = $50
Runner-up = 200
Champion = $525

If you win your division, win 2 weekly prizes and win the league, you would get $675.00

I love it!!!

Can you franchise a player?

roundshort

FF is a great time, it really makes you watch a lot more football, Temp does this strain your relationship with the Rae, or do you just smack her in mouth and tell her to get you more beer?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
What's the time commitment? Doing a draft, picking a weekly line-up and then tallying up results each week?

I might be game -- especially if some of the EU members join. Nothing like aiding-and-abetting the exportation of the culture.
16 week commitment (save preseason studying on your own), checking once or twice a week. There are hundreds of leagues to choose from, but I think for this group, based on the international flair, and the like, I would do a free Yahoo! Fantasy League (initial info HERE). Don?t need to take anyone?s money and we play for pride. Think of it as riding a motorcycle without a helmet. :)

Free to join (save a bogus account creation to login), relatively user friendly (point and click, tables of stats to base your decisions on) and simple scoring options to help create a team that mimics the scoring of the weekly NFL games.
The weekly hazing is completely up to the discretion of the players/members who join. I will leave that up to the practiced trash talkers on the board.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
16 week commitment (save preseason studying on your own), checking once or twice a week. There are hundreds of leagues to choose from, but I think for this group, based on the international flair, and the like, I would do a free Yahoo! Fantasy League (initial info HERE). Don?t need to take anyone?s money and we play for pride. Think of it as riding a motorcycle without a helmet. :)

Free to join (save a bogus account creation to login), relatively user friendly (point and click, tables of stats to base your decisions on) and simple scoring options to help create a team that mimics the scoring of the weekly NFL games.
The weekly hazing is completely up to the discretion of the players/members who join. I will leave that up to the practiced trash talkers on the board.

I will happily teach traqsh-taking 101, and upper level courses. In Lacrosse, I could get anyone, and I mean anyone to swing at me.

All kidding aside, it is a fun time, and really depends on your draft, look for unbalnced teams. With no James, is Manning a good choice /???

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I will happily teach traqsh-taking 101, and upper level courses. In Lacrosse, I could get anyone, and I mean anyone to swing at me.

Anyone? Swinging? Didn't I just read about you in the Duke University school newspaper a few weeks back. :p

Bwahahahahaha!

(awh come on, you know you set yourself up for that one.)

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Anyone? Swinging? Didn't I just read about you in the Duke University school newspaper a few weeks back. :p

Bwahahahahaha!

(awh come on, you know you set yourself up for that one.)

Poor Duke kids . . .I really feel bad for them, I hate it when rich white kids get blammed for things you know they didn't do! GO BLUE DEVIL!

Joe Brody

[in my best true-blue collar yinzer accent]

I ain't gonna be in no league with 'Raven' in the title.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I hate it when rich white kids.....

Ditto.

But I will save this intellectual thread for one of our more esteemed members like Paden to postulate on elsewhere. The thing is, at some point we are all guilty of less then exemplary behavior, and the Duke situation was blown all out of perspective, agreed.

Joe Brody said:
I ain't gonna be in no league with 'Raven' in the title.

Any suggestions?

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Any suggestions?

Let's settle the tab here at the Raven and move the action to another Raiders's themed location:

Either:

"Omar's No-Fun-Fantasy Football League"

OR

"Omar's [cut-rate] Fantasy Football League"

[Jumping films] "Special Friend's of Rick get Special discount. . . . ."

Pale Horse said:
. . . . and the Duke situation was blown all out of perspective, agreed.

I usually say let the rich ones fry -- but there was an absolute loss of due process in that case. . . .

And notably, some of the players were just kids of Long Island fire-men. Lacrosse was the ticket for these kids. But Hell who cares, the DA got himself elected.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
Let's settle the tab here at the Raven and move the action to another Raiders's themed location:

Either:

"Omar's No-Fun-Fantasy Football League"

OR

"Omar's [cut-rate] Fantasy Football League"

[Jumping films] "Special Friend's of Rick get Special discount. . . . ."

I usually say let the rich ones fry -- but there was an absolute loss of due process in that case. . . .

And notably, some of the players were just kids of Long Island fire-men. Lacrosse was the ticket for these kids. But Hell who cares, the DA got himself elected.

I have a lot of friends who went to Duke, most played sprts, swimming or Lacrosse, and they really took this and are taking it hard. I really this that case reeks . . .

Sallah's No Tickee No Payee Fantasy, if you will sir, football

and yes, I ain't paying no money if Raven, Brown, Cow or Boy, Tiger, Bengal, are in the title, and I don't think we should talk about horses (Broncos or COlts, but the Steelers beat them both in pst season), hell NO RAIDERS either!

Pale Horse

Staff member
I'm liking the theme....

Forrestal Follies

Weber's Gridiron Challenge

Kazim's Kickers Classic for an all kicker league

roundshort

who do you think the first fantasy pick should be? Is it TO, Larry Johnson, LdT, if you had a first pick who would it be?

roundshort

temple of john said:
The urle of thumb with fantasy football is to get your RB's out the way as they will get you most of your points. In this draft, I would have to say that Larry Johnson & Ladanian Tomlinson are both worthy #1's. I recently started buying my FF magazines and they now reside in the bathroom. I think better in there.

Is there any other place??????? I think I wrote my masters thesis there!

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I think I wrote my masters thesis there!

Do tell.

Yahoo League has been created. Would like to see some members from across the pond play, too.

League ID: 427072
Password: holy grail
url Nurhache's Nusiance

Edit: You will have to create a free Yahoo! account to join.

Pale Horse

Staff member
One team made it, a fine thank you to said individual. Still hoping for more, inculding one who thinks football means soccer. :p

P.S. there will be no "banning" of players in the league.