Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this soccer or rugby?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

roundshort

temple of john said:
Pale, why in the world are we drafting defensive players? 99.9999999999 to infinity of leagues just draft a defensive team. Just 2 qb's, 4 rb's, 4 wr's, 2 k's, 2 d/st. Then you start half of those every week and the rest is your bench. This is a simple way to do it. Defensive players just complicate things and it's way to hard to even know what the hell you would get week to week with the exception of guys like Urlacher, Lewis, etc.

I take Troy, he rocks!

Pale Horse

Staff member
As long as you are familiar with American Style football, you should be okay. Simply put, it's a stat game, where you chose your roster based on how well a player's season is going. For example, you want to choose a running back or quarterback that has a history of scoring many touchdowns over one that does not.

Most of the modifiers are realitively point and click, so choosing the best player is easier than in days past.

qwerty

I have the problem even seing this whole thing.
I never played games like his although I know what is all about.
Pale, what do you mean "We lost"

Pale Horse

Staff member
Once we have the draft in place it will be a bit easier to explain. "We lost" simply meant it looked as though you deleted your team. We need six total team to have even 2on2 matchups. Also, as the first game of the season is this Thursday, we want to have the draft very soon. (to total 6 teams).

Once the draft occurs (the assigning of players to your ?roster? you can begin to research which players will have the best stats. It is a running total for the year. Each week a roster of NFL football players will tally stats up for points. The teams with the most points win that week. Points are tallied each week to a cumulative total at the end. The team with the most cumulative points wins. The concept is to ?draft? (or select) the best NFL player for any given position that will result in the most points per week.

For example, if a running back scores one touchdown, that results in 6 points. If a quarterback throws a touchdown, that will also be six points. You want the best possible combination of players to maximize your points, week to week.

qwerty

I am in.
How do I pick players?
My team is Wildboars, by the way. It is the name of the american football team from my town. We are actualy no1 in my country. Well, we were last year.

Pale Horse

Staff member
qwerty said:
I am in.
How do I pick players?
My team is Wildboars, by the way. It is the name of the american football team from my town. We are actualy no1 in my country. Well, we were last year.

I have to set the draft, (which will be tonight Pacific Standard Time). When I do that, you will be assigned the players for your team as they are currently ranked on the "Draft Chart". It is pretty accurate, and safe. I would set the draft now, but I can't access the sight from work. By this time tomorrow, (hopefully) you will have players you can start researching.

I also hope the other scallywags will chime in. :whip:

Deadlock

A wise move for your company to block Yahoo's FF site. :)

Much time has already been wasted while I try to fine tune my other FF team.

Joe Brody

The teams are up.

Jules Winnfield: "Vincent, we happy?"

[Vincent Vega stares into glowing case.]

Jules Winnfield (again): "Vincent, we happy?"

Vincent Vega: "Yeah, we happy."

Whoops, wrong thread.

(Question: is there anything to do prior to the games being played?)

roundshort

temple of john said:
I was able to get on now.

Pale, why are starting so many players each week (2 qb's, etc)?

have you birds seen my team? Oh yeah, LJ's gonna go nuts.

Dude, is everyone as stacked as I am? Jesus. I guess with a 6 team league, this is gonna happen. So who is the poor **** named "Wildboars" who has the unfortunate pleasure of going against the Temple in week 1? It's gonna get ugly.

By the way, what is the prize for the winner here?

Man, how did Mar's Maulers (the worst name for an Areana team EVER, get all of my Stillers! Man I would love HEath Miller, that boy is going off ingame one vs. the fins! Oh well. I guess I will sit and watch week 1