Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this soccer or rugby?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

qwerty

temple of john said:
So who is the poor **** named "Wildboars" who has the unfortunate pleasure of going against the Temple in week 1? It's gonna get ugly.
That is my team. And I guess I am gonna lose but you SHOULD fear the Wildboars.

Deadlock

temple of john said:
It's not on the message board. Where is it?

If you click on "Mar's Maulers" it's in the "Smack" box. (But I suppose it no longer applies to you, since you changed the name of your team.)

roundshort said:
Just you wait and see what Portis and Branch do!!!! oh wait they are both not playing sh**! I need to trade!

Yeah, the Branch mess is screwing my other FF team. (That and Hines Ward... but they say he's going to play. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

roundshort

Deadlock said:
If you click on "Mar's Maulers" it's in the "Smack" box. (But I suppose it no longer applies to you, since you changed the name of your team.)

Yeah, the Branch mess is screwing my other FF team. (That and Hines Ward... but they say he's going to play. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

Ward is a gamer, he will play and play well. He played in some games last year when he could hardly walk. Without Ben in, he will play twice as hard, as he is clsoe to Batch! You have a good WR in him!

Pale Horse

Staff member
temple of john said:
By the way, what is the prize for the winner here?

Good Question. I would say a bottle of local wine, but that might make Joe lose it. I think he is whined out. ;)

I say something cheap, or there has to be a way for the losers to pay homage to the winner in some way.

How about a Fedora, to tie it into Indy.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Good Question. I would say a bottle of local wine, but that might make Joe lose it. I think he is whined out. ;)

I say something cheap, or there has to be a way for the losers to pay homage to the winner in some way.

Hmmm not local wine that is for sure, Temp and Joe are from PA, and well, Erie AVA is not my favorite . . .I live in Napa, so I woudl be screwed, as I am sure I will win what do I want . . .?

How a football, that the Losers, (you all) mail to each other and sign?

Pale Horse

Staff member
temple of john said:
Have you ever heard of Chadds Ford Winery? They make some very tasty wines locally.

I do like the football idea too. Thats sounds like fun as long as everyone agrees that they will do it.

What's postage to Serbia?

Pale Horse

Staff member
As long as I am the last in line. And at that rate, I'll fly it there. Heck, maybe even a road trip.

But what if I buy the football, sign it, and then have to mail it to our new football friend, qwerty? Will the FAA have to screen it through the TSA screeners? That will cost a bunch.... :)

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
Man, how did Mar's Maulers (the worst name for an Areana team EVER, get all of my Stillers!

You may want to check up on your Pittsburgh history. The Maulers were the shortlived USFL franchise.

images

The somewhat longer-lived Arena team was the Gladiators (that had a logo any high school team could love).

images

Eddie Mar's was a gambler in The Big Sleep. Mars is also a town outside of Pittsburgh by where my wife grew up.

Putting the Big Sleep/Mars PA reference to Pittsburgh's USFL team, gives me a perfect name for my time and space as GM_Joe_Brody.

Pale Horse said:

I am 'whined' out ----- but I'll go with the majority on the gift. I plan on coming in dead last, so I expect to be on the buy side.

Watch some soccer team walk away with it all. . . . (other teams? Sheesh.)

roundshort

I did not get the Eddie Mars, which is embarrassing for as that is one of my favorite books! I wish I could excahnge some lead with him!

Well I didn't have the best draft, so we will see! I do plan on winning, but I know with my travel it is hard to stay up on the trades!

qwerty

Pale Horse said:
I like this.
Maybe even a payed trip to some exotic Indy-like location.
If I win I want to come to Serbia, but this trip should go trough Rome, Paris, London, Edinburgh, Toronto, New York, Miami, LA, then turn left and all the way through the central and southern America, jump the pond, visit Africa, go via middle east, india and southeastern Asia all the way to Australia, then visit Japan, eastern Asia, pass the Sibiria and back home. What a trip!
Sorry I got carried away.

roundshort

FOOTBALL IS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The World Chamion Pittsburgh Steelers vs the White Hot Miami Dolphins!
Steelers do not have the youngest QB to ever WIN a superbowl, so that is a huge blow. Not pot smokers in Miami's backfield though!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! It is on!

Deadlock

Joe Brody said:
You may want to check up on your Pittsburgh history. The Maulers were the shortlived USFL franchise...

Not to be outdone by Joe and his godlike History Channel powers... I'd like to point out the long and illustrious history of the Wilhelm Scream.

roundshort

temple of john said:
And I'll be sitting in class from 8-11. F---!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Sucker, I will be watching on a new 52 plasma, surround sound and all the fine picking formt he napa valley!

Pale Horse

Staff member
temple of john said:
Pale, I made some roster requests and I'm not sure if you need to approve or if they automatically go through. Let me know.

They should go straight through (waivers take two days, which is a bummer cause we drafted a bit late.

Anyone open to trading?

Qwerty, how you coming along?

qwerty

Pale Horse said:
Qwerty, how you coming along?
I am still geting used to this whole idea.
I asked my friends about players in my team. They sad that you guys have no chance. A Serb is gonna beat bunch of Americans in the game of American Football.
For now I will not trade anyone.