Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this soccer or rugby?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Deadlock

As they say: easy come, easy go. :)

Pale, thanks for putting the league together this season. As one of my two first forays into the world of fantasy football, I learned a lot. Besides learning about the importance of the matchup, the biggest thing I learned was the radical impact that the scoring rules have on the game.

So... from the Raven league, two thoughts.

(y) for individual defensive players. They were a nice additional bit of strategy.

(n) for so few points for yards (passing, rushing, receiving). I think it made our league too touchdown-centric.

Also, I might have ended our season a little earlier. Dominant teams didn't have anything to play for in weeks 15 and 16. (I know, I know... I'm just a whiny LT owner... :rolleyes: )

Pale Horse

Staff member
Deadlock said:
As they say: easy come, easy go. :)

Pale, thanks for putting the league together this season. As one of my two first forays into the world of fantasy football, I learned a lot. Besides learning about the importance of the matchup, the biggest thing I learned was the radical impact that the scoring rules have on the game.

So... from the Raven league, two thoughts.

(y) for individual defensive players. They were a nice additional bit of strategy.

(n) for so few points for yards (passing, rushing, receiving). I think it made our league too touchdown-centric.

Also, I might have ended our season a little earlier. Dominant teams didn't have anything to play for in weeks 15 and 16. (I know, I know... I'm just a whiny LT owner... :rolleyes: )

You're very welcome. All good points. Perhaps the scoring should have been a bit more lenient with "n00b" players, but I trust all enjoyed it for next year.

Deadlock

Well, I don't know about changing the scoring for "n00bs" per se... :rolleyes:

I would change it for the sake of balance. With the scoring the way it was, it made most of the offensive players (especially WRs and TEs) too inconsistent (especially when compared with IDPs who could easily bring in 8 - 10 points every game).

Basically, the scoring system made close games hard to come by. A large number of games were blowouts. That's certainly fun when you're the winner, but it's frustrating when your QB throws for 300 yards (but no TDs) and you get 6 points.

I ask: what do points represent? Trying to equate them to real-world points isn't really reasonable (when's the last time an IDP got a point for a tackle?). I look at points as being a measure of the players performance, their contribution to the team's success. If that is the case, which is more valuable: a QB who passes for 300 yards or a QB who tosses a 6-yard TD?