Have you ever met a real life Indiana Jones?

Viaggero

After 30years of traveling the world, as cocky as it sounds, I?m the closest thing to a real life Indiana Jones as anyone I?ve met.:D

So, last year I decided that I could do a decent adventure travel show with an Indy-ish theme.

So, please take a look at my 3min YouTube video & tell me what you think.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldlFV0LjC0)

If you like it, please share it with your friends. The higher the view count, the better my chances are of getting my foot in the right door.

Thanks and enjoy!
Kendrick

Goodeknight

"Post #1"

Humble, too.

You sure know how to make an entrance.

((Kendrick kicks the door open, swaggers over to the bar, and tells Indy to step aside.

Kendrick: Move it, chump. There's a real man in town.))

Moving right along....and do remember you said:

Viaggero said:
please take a look at my 3min YouTube video & tell me what you think.

Plenty of people do the "Indy" thing on air. Josh Bernstein is the classic example. But they don't shove it in your face. Bernstein really bugs me because he's trying so hard, but it's a take on the Indy outfit without saying, "I'm the real life Indiana Jones." Still, just by the outfit, he practically screams that.

People here might critique the outfit, or the $4 eBay/Halloween store whip. Whatever. It makes the point. But the costume looks a little hokey.

At the core of it, though, I don't think it's very Indiana Jones. It's fun adventure travel, motivated simply by a desire to see and do neat stuff within the confines of a very controlled environment.

You've really got to belly up if you're claiming, "Real life Indiana Jones." That might be an archaeologist working in territory overrun by bandits or aggressive tribes. Or a missionary bush pilot who lands on mountaintops or deltas and flies villagers into the city for heart surgery. Or a translator who works in remote areas of Afghanistan or Iraq. Or a primatologist who flies powered parachutes with game wardens and looks for poachers (who shoot at them with homemade rifles).

"Real life Indiana Jones" would have to be motivated by more than fun destinations.

Honestly, I'd say if you want to do an adventure travel series, ditch the Indy angle all together and do your own thing. Like Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods. Come up with a unique idea and create your own niche.

And finally, just act natural. All the standups seem very staged and scripted, as do the voiceovers.

Montana Smith

I've met a few thieves, vandals and an attempted murderer, but never a "real life Indiana Jones".

If you want to get your "foot in the right door" you'd do better than playing dress-up and advertising on a forum...and do what Indy would do: kick the damn thing down, go in, and take what you want! ;)

TheFedora

Closest thing i've come is my archeology professor from last semester. He actually did an excavation under a real Mayan temple I believe.