Any David Lynch fans on the board?

Indy Canuck

Just a small albeit nagging question.

I got hooked on Twin Peaks a few years back, and since then have been enjoying many of the avant-garde and surreal classics. I'm sure at least a FEW of us have seen Blue Velvet or Mulholland Dr., I'm just wondering how many of us are fans of bizarre cult films.

I mean, we ARE sort of a kinda cult with this Indy obsession thing.

Right?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, we're somewhat cultish.

As for films more widely regarded as "cult classics," among which The Sound of Music, Reefer Madness, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and An Affair to Remember are some well-known examples, there aren't any I am among the great followers of.

However, among filmmakers, The Searchers is something of a cult classic...so, if The Searchers can be considered a cult classic, than, yes, I am a fan of a cult film.

Coldfyre

I've liked all the David Lynch stuff I've seen so far... David Lynch is really bad at being interviewed, though. There's a really long interview with him on the Eraserhead DVD and he keeps talking about how great this one guy is with an adding machine, and how lucky he was to get set pieces for cheap. He doesn't really say anything about the movie...