Newsweek 8/30

TombReader

Hi all :)
Be sure and take a look at the current issue of Newsweek.There is a cover story on Biblical archaeology and looting.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
I saw this magazine as well at the supermarket. I just could justify to myself the spending any of my money to further support this magazine (I don't agree with the editor, and much of the writers) so I will have to wait to read their opinions when I find this on a doctors table, or I check it out in the library.

Unless someone wants to post a portion of the article. (just a portion, copyright issus, mind you...)

TombReader

'And what does it conclude?'

Much of what I have believed all along,i.e.,that much of what takes place in the Old Testament cannot be totally proven by archaeological evidence,and that archaeology is sometimes misused as a tool to try and determine otherwise.

'Did you like it?'

Very much so.The writers were not necesarily against Creationism(neither am I for that matter),but they definitely were on the side of archaeologists over special interest groups(secular or otherwise),which I was glad to see.

'How did you know it was there?'

Oh,I had this medallion which I took to a certain room at a certain time of day... :)

Just kidding.I saw it at work and bought it.