The Indy IV hate is getting REALLY old......

Dr.Jonesy

I'm serious. I mean I understand disliking this film, but then you have the a$$holes who try and state that hating this film makes them intellectually suprerior to you and that the notion that this film sucks is a "FACT" and they give you the evidence as to why it's the worst film of all time.

The worst place for this is the IMDB Crystal Skull Boards. It used to be a great board but the trolls took over and are doing the exact thing that drives me insane: Trying to prove to you that it is a fact that the film blows.

The hate is getting old. I guess history repeats itself when it comes to Indiana Jones. I bet all the TOD fans had to go through the same hell when it came out. Hype killed TOD in '84 and now it's happening again in 2008.

I can't wait til this film ages, it'll be liked so much more. But as of now, the hate is kinda ruining the enjoyment of the film for me. Aside from some of the crappy scenes, *cough* Monkeys/Tarzan *cough* I still love the film and it's my 3rd fave out of the 4. Though it would be stupid for me to deny the disappointment of the film.

But in all seriousness, the hate is getting really annoying. Mostly at IMDB. Which that place is the most Anti-Indy IV board. I mean c'mon! This film was a critical and commercial success! The DVD sales did great. I think the haters are probably the minority.

If people didn't like the film, they need to get over it and move on.:whip:

I understand people's diappointment, but they take it too far.

Long live the fridge!(y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Not to dismiss you out of hand, but just how relevant do you see this criticism to the Raven, here and now? I think things are rather pleasant, really, far from the way they were months ago.

indy34

I'm totally with you there but as Attila the professor pointed out there isn't very much going on here any more:hat:

Dr.Jonesy

I don't really mean here. I come to this board b/c nobody is really hating on Indy IV.

I'm mainly venting b/c of the crappy experience I've had over at IMDB. The Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom boards are full of trolls.

Raider Indy

"Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" is my 2nd favorite film of the year behind "The Dark Knight" ... People at school look at me like I'm crazy, but I certainly enjoyed it. I went into it NOT thinking that it was going to be anywhere near the level of the first three (honestly, how could it?) and I was pleasantly satisfied.

I also feel that 'KOTCS' is among the most underrated films of the year.

Gear

The 'Haters' are most likely compiled of people who feel Lucas and co. sold out on their hero who, to many of them, was their childhood idol.

From their points of view, the 'hate' is legitimate.

Dr.Jonesy

Indy is definately underrated.

And as a hardcore Batman and Indy fan, The Dark Knight was my favorite of the year followed by Indy.

Most people my age think I'm nuts b/c most people my age (16) aren't Indy fans anyway. Which kinda sucks.

While I don't think Indy was one of the best films of the year, I enjoyed it alot. And still do!

Forbidden Eye

Dr.Jonesy said:
I'm mainly venting b/c of the crappy experience I've had over at IMDB. The Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom boards are full of trolls.

You've had those problems on IMDB because... well, they're IMDB!

The forums all through-out IMDB have some crazy trolls lurking there. Been like that for years.

Indy's brother

Dr.Jonesy said:
Indy is definately underrated.

And as a hardcore Batman and Indy fan, The Dark Knight was my favorite of the year followed by Indy.

Most people my age think I'm nuts b/c most people my age (16) aren't Indy fans anyway. Which kinda sucks.

While I don't think Indy was one of the best films of the year, I enjoyed it alot. And still do!

Well, I'll take it one step further and say that even though I was expecting more from Indy than what we got this time around, Kingdom was my favorite film this year. I really wasn't left in awe by TDK like everyone else. Don't get me wrong, it was a good flick, but just seeing Indy on the big screen again gave me goose-bumps...literally. Batman? Ehhhh, not so much. Of course, super-heroes aren't really my thing. No matter how plausible they try to make comic book heroes, I still see a guy running around in a rubber suit, tights, cape, and a funny mask. Guess I'm just no fun.

MaxPhactor23

Well...Crystal Skull did suck. Sorry...couldn't resist. ;)

gear guardian said:
The 'Haters' are most likely compiled of people who feel Lucas and co. sold out on their hero who, to many of them, was their childhood idol.

From their points of view, the 'hate' is legitimate.

Exactly. Point is...Lucas did sell out, yah know? I don't think that's really up for debate.

Dewy9

Get used to it. Going on 10 years now and people are still moaning and groaning about Star Wars Ep 1. I can't understand the mentality of someone who doesn't like a movie and continually talks about it for a decade. (A) Nobody cares and (B) get on with your life.

the ox

agreed - i was disappointed but there's plenty to enjoy ... unless you just want to get bitter, i guess.

MaxPhactor23

Dewy9 said:
Get used to it. Going on 10 years now and people are still moaning and groaning about Star Wars Ep 1. I can't understand the mentality of someone who doesn't like a movie and continually talks about it for a decade. (A) Nobody cares and (B) get on with your life.

Know what I don’t understand? The hypocritical nature of making a *****ing and moaning thread about how much you can't stand *****ing and moaning. Nothing’s more annoying…besides, it’s a movie, why can’t people complain? It’s just a movie.

Do you think anyone really cares about how much someone loved a movie either? Hm?

That's purely an assumption you're making, that somehow these craptastic films so drastically effected their lives because (occasionally) they feel the need to express their honest opinion. Well...not at all. I hated Crystal Skull. I bash it every chance I get. Concidering I'm an Indiana Jones fan, my friends are fans, and most people know I'm a fan, the flick comes up from time to time. It probably always will; Hence why (much like TPM) people will likely bash it 10 years later. News Flash: You don't have to like Crystal Skull to be an Indy fan, yah know?

When you're constantly talking about Indiana Jones films, the latest (mis)adventure's bound to come up. That's why people talk about it decades later - they're fans. Was my life ruined by Crystal Skull? Of course not! Don't opinionatedly over-exaggerate.

What I find pathetic are the people that insist on defending the movies no matter how old. Now those are the ones who need lives…they take this stuff way too seriously. :gun: :dead:

Last edited:

The Man

There's a fair degree of acceptance - and lethargy - seeping in on both sides. The movie is what it is. Personally, I found it an appalling let-down. Have I changed anybody's mind through posting my opinions? Not likely. Nor have I read much of anything to persuade me to give the movie the breaks it doesn't quite deserve.

The bashing has lost most of its severity on these boards. A peace through entropy is all we ultimately have to gain...

Indy's brother

The hate is there because the franchise got too old between movies. We've had too much time to dwell on the reasons that each one of us individually likes Indy. After 19 yrs, we've all got our favorite moments singled out, and come up with our own interpretations of what makes Indy...Indy. Included in that group of course are Harrison, George, and Steven. See what I mean? After all this time, everyone has come to know the franchise in their own way. And since we are all different, the people who didn't get enough of their vision of IJ feel cheated. This I can fully understand. It's ok to feel that way, of course. But a little objectivity could go a long way. A lot of negativity can go too far. They should have made a dozen of these, just like the Bond films they were partially inspired by. Then hardcore fans (us) wouldn't have to hang all of our Indy hopes and dreams on one sequel.

_Mothy_

The hate is absolutely justified. After all these years they give us this? What a farce. They stuffed up the pride of the series, it should have never been made.

michael

I will say this. What it has brought, is some epic conversations (didn't want to use the word argument haha..) between Udvarnoky and Darth Vile. I mean that too. Some seriously decent Indy talk.