Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

hemble

Hi All

I was stoked when I picked up the Medicom Indy really cheap but when I received it and opened it up I was a little dissapointed in the details and some of the equipment.

I set about adding different pieces from Sideshows Indy and repainting and weathering the figure/equipement using Vallejo, Reaper miniature paints and pastels to add extra weathering.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The jacket, bag, whip, revolver and hands are from the Sideshow Indy and the rest are the Medicom figure. The reason I replaced certain items is that they were either incorrect or not the right size, the head sculpt would have to be the best thing about this figure and with a repaint it looks spoton to an old Ford.

I added an extra little girth by using left over material and wrapped it around the belly and then used tape to keep it in place, I haven't done a base as I'm still awaiting for materials to arrive but once it does he will look good on the base which will be the cemetery scene.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc6.jpg

Ron

hemble

Hi All

DocWhiskey & Nurhachi1991 thanks guys for the replies and glad that you have been enjoying the customs, I have more coming soon.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

I finished this figure/dio about 3 weeks ago and didn't want to show it until I had a small saxaphone to go with it, but alas I couldn't find one so I decided that I would show the pics without it.

While the snow blizzard is happening Indiana sits back and gets comfortable and tells Grey Cloud the story of when he was a waiter at COLOSIMO's in Chicago and he's love for the blues.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Everything is the Sideshow Indy except the bag which is the Relic Hunter's, the shoes are the Hasbro's Indy and the hands are the Medicom Indy.

The jumper is from an old suit I had in the parts box and the scarf was from a WW2 German figure. Indy's hair and beard were sculpted using Games Workshops Green stuff.

2: Base - The base is made foam core sheest glued together and the balsa wood was super glued on top for strength, once dry I scribed floor boards by using a knife then some tweezers. The rocking chair and the smaller chair are both made from balsa wood as well.

bl1.jpg

bl2.jpg

bl3.jpg

bl4.jpg

bl6.jpg

Ron

The_Raiders

Now THAT'S an amazing piece! I've thought about trying that, but never really had the materials. You did a fantastic job. :whip:

DocWhiskey

Brillant! "Mystery of the Blues" may be brief but it's one of my favorite looks for Indy. Amazing job as usual, hemble.

Montana Smith

I was too late to edit to my last post, but I wanted to add that the rocking chair is a work of art in itself. If I tried to make something like that it would end up looking like it was designed by Picasso on a bad day!

I've just ordered the Sideshow Raiders Indy, but he'll enter my collection as a precious artifact.

hemble

Hi All

The_Raiders - Cheers buddy I was very happy with the way he turned especially the woollen jumper.

DocWhiskey - Thanks heap mate and I to like this look it does acyually suit him as an older Indy.

Montana Smith - Glad you like it bro and hell give it a go it especially the figures, below are pics of my first raiders indy and ToD indy which I did about 7yrs ago and I practiced my ass off to get where I am today.

Ron008.jpg

Ron001.jpg

Ron

Mr. Fusion

I remember seeing those figures! Yeah, I'd say your customizing skills have improved somewhat since then.:p :D

BTW, have you gotten one of Paul Carson's Indy resculpts? The new one where he's smirking. I'm waiting on mine. I would be most eager to see what you could do with that sculpt.;)

Stoo

hemble said:
I finished this figure/dio about 3 weeks ago and didn't want to show it until I had a small saxaphone to go with it, but alas I couldn't find one so I decided that I would show the pics without it.

While the snow blizzard is happening Indiana sits back and gets comfortable and tells Grey Cloud the story of when he was a waiter at COLOSIMO's in Chicago and he's love for the blues.
Sweet Jesus, this is priceless, Ron! I want one.:p The chair and floor are freaking great! I really like your design on the base. Much more interesting than a standard square/rectangle. You found a perfect match for the sweater/jumper & scarf. The only gear Indy has in this scene is his whip but...who cares! (For fun, you could also add his walkie-talkie!:p) Nice, nice, nice...

My only critique would be the length of hair in back because it is actually quite long in "Blues". Don't know if you'd be able to sculpt that, though. If ANYONE knows of a mini-saxophone that would work with Ron's piece, than please come forward! It's begging for it.:whip:

As usual, EXCELLENT job on your other recent stuff, too (the DVD case holder, "Skull" Indy). First class all the way...

hemble said:

lao che & sons

THAT is imprssive my favorite piece you've done yet. That 1950 Indiana Jones is priceless if I ever run into a right scale saxophone, I'll be sure to send it your way. What font do you use for the "Indiana JONes" at the top of each photo? :confused:

Lance Quazar

Oh, Hemble. Oh, Hemble....that MotB Indy is absolutely, spectacularly GORGEOUS!

I have been a fan of your work for the past year and a half, but that is quite possibly my favorite.

I agree with Doc Whiskey that it is an awesome "look" for Indy. Even though he only had the beard because he was filming "the Fugitive", I think he looks super cool.

What an amazing piece of work!!!!!

And, yes, you should definitely try to track down a scale saxophone. The only thing missing from your masterpiece!

hemble

Hi All

note

Guys I appreciate everyone keeping an eye for a sax for this figure but no need to look any more as I have one on the way. As soon as I get it I will take pics asap.

Mr. Fusion - Yeah I've only improved just a little :D and I have got one of Pual's Indy heads on it's way and looking forward to getting it. And thanks heaps for the reply.

Stoo - Mate glad you liked it thank you and the hair is longer at the back you just can't see it due to the scarf and jacket.

lao che & sons - Thanks heaps buddy and I use a font called SF COMIC SCRIPT.

Lance Quazar - Always appreciate the feedback bro thank you and really gald you enjoyed this figure.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

Montana Smith - Mate thanks heaps for the kind words and the links there very much appreciated.

Ron

The_Raiders

Just a random question. After seeing your custom Jack Sparrow on your site. You ever think about a custom Sweeney Todd?

hemble

Hi All

The_Raiders wrote
Just a random question. After seeing your custom Jack Sparrow on your site. You ever think about a custom Sweeney Todd?

Mate to be honest I have never thought about a Sweeney todd custom figure but I just saw Public Enemies and would love to do a Dillinger Figure.

Ron