My Indy Collection

I've had some of the items since I was a kid. Then I started collecting more in the last 90s, and then really started up a few years ago. I am mostly complete, at least for what I want. I have a lot of Disney stuff that's not pictured, a ton of books, and a few other items as well. I just don't have places to put anything else. I'm sure there will be lots more when/if the next movie comes out.

berelain19

Very nice collection! It makes me quite jealous actually!
I thought I was happy with my fedora and soundtracks...
I think a new hobby is born...:D

Lon

I was going to say the same thing in that a lot of things are missing. But Ed did say he was just going for the vintage figures so maybe that's what he meant he said his collection was complete.

I feel for you Ed regarding the ToD figures MOC. They are harder to come by than the original Raiders figures. I recently just saw two Indy ToD figures go for more than $400 each on eBay.

I did find one loose and complete that I just posted on my site www.ihatesnakes.com.

IndySeven

I have such a small collection compared to the one shown. I only have a few Indy novels (mostly movie novelizations), the movie trilogy, an Indy action figure from Disney, a soundtrack, and a few video games, including the Raiders of the Lost Ark Atari game.:)

VP said:
Nice, but you're still missing loads of stuff.

What kinds of things do you think I'm missing? I now have all of the original figures, both carded and loose. I also now have all of the TOD figures and only need a loose Thugee. I have all of the Disney figures, though only two are open since I didn't want to use the rest.

I also have all of the english books, comics, and books in other languages as well.

The only serious thing I can really think of is one video game that's impossible to come by and a couple of the role playing games. I can't really think of anything that's been licensed that I haven't got. Well the pinball game, but I don't have the money for that.

Lon

It depends on what you're going for. If you're going for just figures then it sounds like you're good but if you're going for any and all licensed products then you're missing a ton of things.

I collect any and all licensed Indiana Jones products. My collection is nowhere near complete but I don't consider it small either.

You can check out my collection at www.ihatesnakes.com to give you a visual idea of what else is out there.

Lon is correct - your collection is fantastic... but there are hundred's of items from around the Globe beyond books & action figures.

Cereal, clothing (curse Disney theme parks), pachinko machines, fruit machine, food items, lottery promotions, tons of posters, pins & badges, etc...

And now all new stuff in 2008! I'm gonna need a 2nd job to pay for it all ;)

Lon

Bruno said:
Lon is correct - your collection is fantastic... but there are hundred's of items from around the Globe beyond books & action figures.

Cereal, clothing (curse Disney theme parks), pachinko machines, fruit machine, food items, lottery promotions, tons of posters, pins & badges, etc...

Cereal? Where was cereal released?

Bruno said:

See that's just too much. I don't do much with my collection now. There's just way too much stuff that to me just isn't worth trying to get. I am looking forward to the new stuff, but I will probably just keep it to the figures and Lego stuff.

So for me my collection is basically complete, until the new stuff comes out that is.

Lucky Charms in USA and Corn Flakes in Australia.

When I can finally unpack the boxes into their new home - an 1,100 sq. foot museum - I'll be posting more of this kind of stuff on throwmetheidol.com

-ld