Do you like it that Indy and Marion married?

Do you like it that they married?

• You like it.

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • You don't like it.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • New girl.

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Dr.Jonesy

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well I couldn't resist!

If the quality of the first half kept through...

More later...but the "1st half" poll works here too right?:hat:

Okay, cool. I didn't know that poll existed. Thanks.
:hat:

All my point was, is that if the artistic merit of KOTCS was lacking to the point of consensus completely against it or what have you, then those polls would've been the opposite of their votes.

"More later"? I don't think this needs to be a prolonged debate.

Dr.Jonesy said:
All my point was, is that if the artistic merit of KOTCS was lacking to the point of consensus completely against it or what have you, then those polls would've been the opposite of their votes.
I get you, that's why I mention the Raven members like Montana, (and the action figure contingent) who dislike the film but live for the toys. There are so many variables to consider which validate/invalidate these polls...

Dr.Jonesy said:
"More later"? I don't think this needs to be a prolonged debate.
Cheers, I just enjoy taking a position and defending it.:hat:

Dr.Jonesy

Rocket Surgeon said:
I get you, that's why I mention the Raven members like Montana, (and the action figure contingent) who dislike the film but live for the toys. There are so many variables to consider which validate/invalidate these polls...

Cheers, I just enjoy taking a position and defending it.:hat:

I enjoy debate, as well. However, I admit my interest in forums has deteriorated quite a bit over the past few years and I try not to get into in-depth debates that take up alot of time. I understand their merit, but I try to limit my computer time. It's nice to just have your family/friends around and not have to justify your every opinion, which you have to do on a forum.

I prefer to debate in person. I went to a 'LastCrusade/Kingdom' screening a few years back and everyone was so nice and most of them loved each film to some degree except this fan I met who seriously loathes 'Temple' (to the point of downright fuming which I find to be so petty) and we had a nice debate about it despite his angst. I had more fun with that than any debate on a forum. Another guy didn't care for 'Crusade' and 'Kingdom' and we also had a nice chat. Much more nice than on a forum, IMO. On forums you usually have the extremes talking and the moderates/commoners voting. People discussing can be so mean!
:p

When it comes to TheRaven I just go by the poll numbers (specifically the ones when more people were on here voting, alot of traffic on the site back then) and I believe every poll has some validation, it's just the fact that every poll asking if 'Kingdom' is good or to rank it, the film does come out on very very good terms. If it was seriously crippled artistically then each poll would be against the film, that's all.

A poll that asks 'What went wrong' attracts those that disliked something. Those that ask 'Give it a score' or 'Did you like it' attracts every demographic; those who saw it and felt something about it. That's why I say the consensus is in favor of the film being very good. I do apologize for not noticing we were talking about the first half of the film/artistic merit!

For the record, I still strongly believe that every film after 'Raiders' was lacking something artistically and creatively. What I can't stand is a fan who can't find a single flaw in something.

Cheers, Rocket!
:)
Are you going to one of the AMC Marathons?

Last edited:

Stoo

Dr.Jonesy said:
To this day I still am not a big fan of the wedding scene as it feels so out of place in context of the rest of the film.
Last month in this very thread, you made 3 different posts telling us that you LIKE the wedding and said twice that "it fits".:p

Dr.Jonesy

Stoo said:
Last month in this very thread, you made 3 different posts telling us that you LIKE the wedding and said twice that "it fits".:p

I 'liked' the idea of Indy getting married, what I didn't mention was that I just didn't like the way it was shot. At least it closes the idea to Shia taking over with the little fedora bit.

I like the idea of the wedding/Indy getting married and I'm glad he did get married (and to Marion) but I'm not too fond of the way the scene was done or how it feels next to the rest of the film.

Or maybe I flip flop whether I feel it fits in the film or not.

:whip:

Stoo

Dr.Jonesy said:
Or maybe I flip flop whether I feel it fits in the film or not.
Most certainly. You are a freaking flip-flopper!:p That said, I somewhat agree with you. I'm content that Indy finally married Marion but don't really care for the wedding scene itself.

---
By the way, Rocket's idea of a marriage proposal rather than a wedding scene would have been much better (in my opinion).:p More on that later...

flip_flops.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Jonesy

^Looks like someone peed on that one that says 'flop'.
:sick:

And some opinions we have change. Some days I think 'Queen II' may not be my absolute favorite album, and most other days I know exactly why it's my fave. Different day, sometimes a different opinion.

;)

Dr.Jonesy said:
Are you going to one of the AMC Marathons?

I certainly would love to see Temple and Crusade in the theater again, especially with my boy and girl, but I'll make that choice after I've seen the IMAX show.

I've got my tickets for Friday night the 7th...:D

I've already seen the 30th Anniversary digital Raiders in NYC last year and there were a few issues, (the theater's fault no doubt).

I may just collect my Chistmas gift(s) Anniversary Gift(s) and anything else I can swindle into as many IMAX shows as I can.

Good news...Fandango excepts PayPal!

Anyone want to buy some Phantom Menace toys?:p

Brooke Logan

Dr.Jonesy said:

For the record, I still strongly believe that every film after 'Raiders' was lacking something artistically and creatively. What I can't stand is a fan who can't find a single flaw in something.

I admit that I could be a fan to be perfectly content with Temple and Crusade and not find a flaw in either one.

But if I were to find a flaw, for Temple I would say that I would have liked Willie to be able to strut her stuff a bit more, meaning that contrary to what a lot of people think, I think she's got a lot of strength of character and I would have liked to see this part of her played up more than the comedy. Although I do love the comedy and think the script has a lot of it to lighten the darker themes.

My only complaint on Crusade would be that I would have liked Elsa to survive.

Back to the original topic, as I thought about it, I realized that I wasn't happy with the wedding because even though I do like Marion and liked her and Indy as a team/couple in Raiders, I never got the impression beyond that film that Marion was his one true love or that he was pining for her.

And it felt to me like they were just thrown back together in Skull , perhaps if there would have been more time to develop it, which I understand why there wasn't, I could have liked it better.

I know Indy says that his other relationships didn't work because the women weren't Marion, but I feel like that fits better for how the audience felt about Indy's leading ladies over how he himself really would have felt.

All I know is, he didn't seem to mind that Elsa wasn't Marion.;)

IndyBuff

I thought it was a great ending and a perfect way to end the series, even though I would love to see another film. I can understand why some were bothered by it and it seems to signal an end to Indy's adventuring days. I thought a fifth film would have interesting, especially if Indy is pulled into another adventure and trying to balance that part of his life with new domestic responsibilities.

If this is indeed the last film then it's the ending that makes the most sense, at least to me.:)