Should the original three be re-released to theaters?

Ryre Sambere

Do you think that they would make enough money to warrant a theatrical re-release? I would personally love to see them on the big screen, as I didn't get to see them when they were first released. I was alive back then, but my dad thought they would be too scary for me.

I'm not suggesting a "Special Edition" treatment or anything, just the movies as they are.

Oh, and sorry if this has been posted a million times already, but I'm new here...

Sam Falco

I think the only way that'll happen is if Lucas goes back and CGI's the **** outta them for a redux edition.

IndyCon

YES it would be great I've never seen Raiders, Doom or Crusade in the Cinema. I think the only time it would happen would be a possible 3D release like what's been rumoured for Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings so here's hoping.

Grimezy

It'd be great for an Anniversary thing, to put them all back in Theatres for a month or so. But this would probably never happen in Australia.

Dr. Wolfwood

Yes, please!

Only, it would be even more perfect, if they could wait for a few years for my own Short Round (just two weeks old) to grow up a bit so that she could join me in the theatre. :D

Kooshmeister

Of the Star Wars films I only saw the Special Editions of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, plus all of the prequel trilogy, in theaters, although my mom tells me she was pregnant with me when she and my dad saw Return of the Jedi originally in 1983, so I guess that counts. ;)

Anyway, it's a unique experience seeing a movie on the big screen. People laughed at the jokes and appeared to be thrilled by the action sequences, and although the theater was a bit small when I saw Crystal Skull last night finally, I think everyone had an absolute blast (one couple in front of us had been there to see it before and were back for a second viewing, not that I was listening in really). Being part of a really good moviegoing audience is something special in my opinion.

So, I fully endorse rereleasing the original three films to theaters at some point, only minus CGI updates.

muttjones

they should do a marathon in the theatres where they show all 4 in theatres one after the other.

AND NOT JUST IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gear

Didn't they do that with Star Wars back in the 90's?

I've seen them on the big screen, but not in the 80's....

Mrs_Fedora

gear guardian said:
Didn't they do that with Star Wars back in the 90's?

I've seen them on the big screen, but not in the 80's....

Yes they did indeed, i remember seeing 'A New Hope' in the theater. It was brilliant!

Marion Fan

I would love it but if it ever happened we can bet the films would be "ehanced" someway. People **** and moan enough so in a way I hope it does not happen.

Crack that whip

They're already "enhanced" somewhat on the DVDs, just far more subtly than was done with the Star Wars movies, and I believe Lucas would see less 'need' to fiddle with these movies.

I think it's a given that most people frequenting this forum would love to see the originals on the big screen again, though I honestly don't know whether general audiences would go for it or not. Most theatrical reissues of older movies in the home video era haven't really done particularly well, with the notable exceptions of the original Star Wars trilogy (which has even greater popularity than Indy - it's one of the most popular movie series in existence, in fact - and also did have all that new material added for the "special editions") and Disney's animated movies (which are seen as a sort of inter-generational tradition, with each generation of new parents taking their kids to see the movies they saw as kids themselves; these movies are also typically available on video for only limited times before being placed on moratorium). I'd like to think they'd do well, though...

Benraianajones

I'd love it! I was 2 when Crusade came out, so I was too young to see ut, but I;d love to see all 3 on the big screen and experience it with a room of people!

DarthMickey

Raiders comes to a huge classic theater in my area every couple of years.It's a classic theater that is nearly 80 years old and looks like a castle on the inside.Those are good days I'll tell you what! :p