Figma Indiana Jones figure!

Billy Ray

Figma has just released pics of their upcoming Indy figure!

What do you guys think? While I'm usually up for just about any Indy figure, this one just isn't doing it for me for some reason.

o0428060012730599842.jpg

Maybe he's just a little too stylized or cartoony or something.

Tohtally Indy

Seeing ANY new Indy merchandise is a reason to celebrate, but having said that I don't know about this one. He is supposed to coming with many of the original Indy trilogy accessories though!
I want to see more before I make final judgement.

Lance Quazar

Just saw this today, too.

Looks very lame and disposable to me.

The face looks like they don't have likeness rights to Harrison Ford and are doing their best "Indy-but-not-Harrison".

Don't really know the scale, but this is highly skippable to me.

HenryJunior

Such sharp edges on the sculpt, everything has a cartoonish/caricature look. The bag is the wrong color, his hair and whip is too dark, and his hat looks too small for his head. The likeness actually isn't too bad IMO, it's just a really boring expression. I think I'm happy with my Disney figure for now.

Another thing is stock photos of products like this usually use an idealized prototype, so I'm scared to see the final version :p

Billy Ray

Lance Quazar said:
Just saw this today, too.

Looks very lame and disposable to me.

The face looks like they don't have likeness rights to Harrison Ford and are doing their best "Indy-but-not-Harrison".

Don't really know the scale, but this is highly skippable to me.

I believe these are 6" and they are Japanese, which may account for the stylized look. It almost looks like an animated Indy to me.

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
I believe these are 6" and they are Japanese, which may account for the stylized look. It almost looks like an animated Indy to me.

Looks like they're trying to split the difference between stylized and realistic.

Frankly, I would have preferred if they just committed fully to the stylized look. That could have been fun.

But this has just the faintest whiff of what could have been an interesting Japanese vibe. Now it's neither really fish nor fowl and just falls into a huge "who gives a crap" crevasse.

ROB98374

I wasn't too impressed by the figure at first, but you have to appreciate all the articulation points it has.
How many other figures have feet that can bend like that?
It is also a bonus that it includes another head, extra hands and other accessories.
o0486060012730599840.jpg

Lance Quazar

He looks SERIOUSLY old and ugly. Ugh, really don't like this one!!!

Good thing I don't collect larger scale figures, then I'd really be annoyed!

hemble

I received my two yesterday and I have to say,

1-Articulation is execellent.

2-The whips don't have much detail and little pins on the extended whip were broken off so I'll be making new ones.

3-The head sculpt is great it actually does look like Ford.

4-Paint apps aren't to bad but I'll be repainting them both.

5-The accessories are great as are the extra hands, only thing is the holster and revolver look a little to large but that is not a big issue.

6-The extra eyes I got are the same as the one in the head as they look straight ahead. That can be fixed by painting new eyes on the extra set.

7-The clothing and shoes are very well done they have all the seems and creases in the right places.

All in all this figure is not bad at all and I payed a nice price for both and free postage of ebay so that was a bonus. So all up I would give this figure an 8 out of 10.

Ron

bgiles73

I got mine in today when I returned home from work. I love this figure. I hope Hasbro will do a run of Indiana Jones figures similar to their Star Wars : Black Series 6" line. Indiana Jones looks best in that scale!