Sophia's Bedroom

Tennessee R

On Wikipedia, under FoA, there is a bit of trivia that I wasn't aware of. I was wondering if this means that there is an actual image of the room or just traces that indicate there was room. Anyway, thought that this was interesting. Below is the quote:

"Game resource editing programs like ScummRev have revealed that there is an unused ('secret') room in the game code that didn't make it to the final version. This room is Sophia's bedroom, and lies next to her ransacked office. The programmers must have originally planned some more action in Sophia's apartment, but then thought that the presence of such a room and an additional sequence would not be vital to the gameplay. In the final version, all that takes place in Sophia's apartment is an extended dialogue in her office.
In the 'secret' bedroom, some objects can be identified with ScummRev; this indicates that the programmers intended some puzzle to be solved by the player, apart from the office dialogue. In that bedroom, perhaps Sophia made her introduction as a playable character, so that the player had to guide her to, for example, find the orichalcum bead. One of the useable objects is labeled as Chuck the Plant, which is an inside joke at LucasArts and a nod to several previous LucasArts games."

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Wanha.

indyroom.gif

Finn

Staff member
Besides, that doesn't look much like a bedroom anyway... more like something Madame Sophia used to have a seancé a.k.a conning money out of suckers' pockets.

IndyBuff

I agree with Finn. It looks more like a dining room than a bedroom, but it still sounds like a neat concept in the game.

Tennessee R

Thanks VP, and everyone is right, it isn't much of a bedroom. Well, anyway,

To the idea of a bedroom:
"Madame Sophia says your future looks pail" ;)

macwizard

Where can I see this pic everyone is talking about. It's not on wikipedia? In the comic isn't the room full with artifacts she collected and stole from various digs?

Tom Jones

Indy said:
I agree with Finn. It looks more like a dining room than a bedroom, but it still sounds like a neat concept in the game.
I'd have to agree with you two. Who would have the bedroom as the first room in an apartment?

IndyBuff

qwerty said:
Can you actualy walk into the room using ScummRev?

I've been wondering the same thing. I recently downloaded ScummRev (a big thanks to everyone here for informing me about it) and I've been playing FoA again and I didn't see anything that indicated you could get into the bedroom using this program. Does anyone know for sure?:confused:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe a secret sex game takes place there like in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Don't tell Hillary Clinton!

What about these unused icons?
Bracelet, medikit, necklace, paper, trumpet...