I Got My Eagle!!!

Indy Scout 117

hey y'all. its been a while since i last posted (computer problems...ugh (n) ) but i bring good news. as you should all know, i am a Boy Scout and just last night i received the highest rank in Boy Scouting: Eagle Scout. :D its a real honor to get it; 4 out of 100 Boy Scouts end up getting their Eagle rank. so i just thought i would let the Indy community know that i finally made it!! :cool:

Pale Horse

Staff member
First cup of lemonade is on me....and when you're legal, I'll upgrade, most certainly.

You're a fine young man to accomplish this.

Falcon

Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment, and something of which you should feel very proud. (y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats and welcome to the association! You're ready to reap the rewards. I went twice. Best times of my life.

On an Indy-related note, I couldn't find the 1990 image of this merit badge booklet with Spielberg on it. Anyone have it in their library?

Indy Scout 117

Moedred said:
Congrats and welcome to the association! You're ready to reap the rewards. I went twice. Best times of my life.

On an Indy-related note, I couldn't find the 1990 image of this merit badge booklet with Spielberg on it. Anyone have it in their library?
wow these links are great!! wish i could do that but i got sooo much planned, i dont think i could go :( but anyway, no i havent seen it but i know what your talking about.

thanks so much everyone!! i appreciate the applause lol :p

Yure

Congrats! I always wanted to be a boyscout, but in Italy most associations were too much into religion and too less into actual scouting :)

...so I had to learn on my own :)

It's a great achievement, cheers!

IAdventurer01

Congratulations!

The scouting program is, in my opinion, the best youth program there is. I know just how much work it takes to get to Eagle, and you should be very proud (though from the sound of your post, you certainly are ;) )

There tends to be a special camaraderie of those who "made it all the way." I've spoken with complete strangers, who, once sussed out that we were fellow eagles, seemingly turned into good friends in the blink of an eye. I'm sure you'll have the same experience. (And in the right circles, it can even go a long way to getting employed or into other institutions. Remember to put it on your resume!)

What did you do for your project, if you don't mind me asking?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Indy Scout 117 said:
wish i could do that but i got sooo much planned, i dont think i could go :(
Just note you have until age 30, and BSA pays half your travel. (Scouting is coed there, you know.) Take a Eurail pass and there's no cheaper way I know to see Europe.

Indy Scout 117

IAdventurer01 said:
What did you do for your project, if you don't mind me asking?
nah i dont mind at all :D i built dog houses for Freedom Service Dogs, a non-profit organization that takes puppies and dogs from places like the pound and they train them to work with people with disabilities. the doghouses turned out great!! the dogs really like them. (y)

Montana Smith

Indy Scout 117 said:
nah i dont mind at all :D i built dog houses for Freedom Service Dogs, a non-profit organization that takes puppies and dogs from places like the pound and they train them to work with people with disabilities. the doghouses turned out great!! the dogs really like them. (y)

A good cause, Indy Scout. Good for dogs. Good for people!

Well done! (y)

Goonie

Pale Horse said:
First cup of lemonade is on me....and when you're legal, I'll upgrade, most certainly.

You're a fine young man to accomplish this.

Excellent! Now we can send the OP to buy us all beers! (y) :hat:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnpHU-8U-Nk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnpHU-8U-Nk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Major Eaton

:D to above!

An appropriate video for such a momentous occasion.

On a more serious note, well done on your achievement Indy Scout. That's awesome!:cool:

Goodeknight

Congratulations, Indy Scout! (y)

Making Eagle is an achievement you can be proud of throughout your life. And as you approach (full) adulthood, it's also something that shows people you have what it takes to get the job done. Intelligence, tenacity, maturity, and focus.

As a reporter, I've met thousands of people. It doesn't matter if they have PhDs or are CEOs. When I hear they made Eagle as a youth, I'm impressed.

This is a sign that you have a great future ahead.

Indy Scout 117

thanks again to you all so much :D just out of curiosity, i think they had on the news in early august the 2010 Scouting National Jamboree closing ceremony. did anyone see it? i was there!! i was at jambo (wouldnt have been an epic adventure without my fedora ;) ). it was an awesome experience. the next jambo (2013) will be at the Summit, in West Virginia. i saw the pictures and stuff of the Summit, looks EPIC!!!!!! (y)