Trip to Cairo

wickedwing

Hey everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just got back from a trip to Egypt and wanted to share a photo with you guys. Definitely a great place to visit. Fortunately I got sent to Cairo on work, so it didn't cost me anything personally.

2609928683_4e5ebb960b.jpg

Mrs_Fedora

Cool picture! I'm going to Egypt in two weeks, a 15 day trip to Egypt and Jordan. Seeing this picture makes me really look forward to it.
(y)

wickedwing

Nice! I wanted to get to Jordan, but since I was there working I had limited time for sightseeing. Good Luck!

p.s. Don't drink any water not bottled. They say it's safe in the hotels. It's not.

Mrs_Fedora

wickedwing said:
Nice! I wanted to get to Jordan, but since I was there working I had limited time for sightseeing. Good Luck!

p.s. Don't drink any water not bottled. They say it's safe in the hotels. It's not.

Yeah i know, i've been around a bit and there are not many countries where you can drink water from the tab. Too bad though, you need a big backpack for all the 2 liter bottles you have to buy...;)

PloKoon

Wow, simply stunning.

It almost looks blue screened, although I can clearly tell it isn't. I can only imagine how amazing it must have felt to stand next to something so old, so ancient. I had a passion for Egypt growing up, and it hasn't quite died. Oh, that picture brings up fond memories of me learning ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics at the age of 6 out of pure interest.

Thank you very much for posting this.

:whip:

Nurhachi1991

Mrs_Fedora said:
Cool picture! I'm going to Egypt in two weeks, a 15 day trip to Egypt and Jordan. Seeing this picture makes me really look forward to it.
(y)

When you are there will you please tell Sallah he owes me 15 dollars! Those fancy ties of his don't pay for themselves.

KyleRipman

Wickedwing, I'd love to see some more pictures of yours. I just got back from India myself and I've got the travel bug, I guess you could say.

~KAT~

Wow! You are so lucky to have gone there!

PLEASE (If you can) post more pictures!

I am making it my duty to make a Pilgrimage to Egypt before I die, lol. I really want to go there, but it is so dangerous at the moment (not to mention expensive)

I am jealous, lol.

wickedwing

Here's a few more shots as requested. I'm in Japan now, so check out my Okinawa thread, where I'll be posting some Japan pics.

2609929553_3a1223edb2.jpg

2609928873_51e829d547.jpg

2609930157_d582a76456.jpg

2610762410_b0f730e5fa.jpg

2610762790_256c8c58c6.jpg

wickedwing

wickedwing said:
Here's a few more shots as requested. I'm in Japan now, so check out my Okinawa thread, where I'll be posting some Japan pics.

This one is on a bit of old wall at the Egyptian museum (great place!)

2609929553_3a1223edb2.jpg

A doorway also at the Egyptian museum.

2609928873_51e829d547.jpg

This is the structure near the sphinx with some great old columns.

2609930157_d582a76456.jpg

View of the Nile river from the hotel room. The hotel was on an island in the middle of the river.

2610762410_b0f730e5fa.jpg

This is the great pyramid of Giza (Khufu's tomb)

2610762790_256c8c58c6.jpg

Hope the quotes help put these in context!

Ska

The pics are amazing...thanks for sharing!

I especially love the last pic of Khufu's pyramid at Giza. It really let's you know just how freakin' tall those pyramids are.

I'd LOVE to visit Egypt (or Mexico) someday to tour a pyramid.

(y)

Mrs_Fedora

Hey everyone!

I had my 2 week trip to Egypt and Jordan and just returned from Amman (Jordan) this morning. And i have to say it was amazing!. We started in Cairo and from there we continued travelling to the Sinai desert where we had a 2 day desert trip with Bedouin people(sleeping under the stars!). After that we crossed the Gulf of Suez to Jordan where we, of course, saw the beauty of Wadi Rum and Petra... Oh, and i did a bit of floating in the Dead Sea haha.

If possible i'll try and post some pictures but i'm so very tired now, didn't really sleep in the plane... :sleep:

Goonie

Egypt is one place I really want to go to. I was playing around with Google Earth one day and was surprised how close a golf course is to the sphinx, and then west of the pyramids is a Hilton resort, lol.

wickedwing

Mrs_Fedora said:
Hey everyone!

I had my 2 week trip to Egypt and Jordan and just returned from Amman (Jordan) this morning. And i have to say it was amazing!. We started in Cairo and from there we continued travelling to the Sinai desert where we had a 2 day desert trip with Bedouin people(sleeping under the stars!). After that we crossed the Gulf of Suez to Jordan where we, of course, saw the beauty of Wadi Rum and Petra... Oh, and i did a bit of floating in the Dead Sea haha.

If possible i'll try and post some pictures but i'm so very tired now, didn't really sleep in the plane... :sleep:

That sounds fantastic! Did you get to petra? I really want to go there.