Interesting Vintage eBay Thread

UIMJ

So I've been looking for a deal of sorts on the last vintage figure that I need, but 30 bucks for a mail-away?

Vintage Belloq

What do you guys think? I need him loose, anway....

I also saw this for all of you 12" collectors. This one doesn't have a box, but it looks nice. The hat cracks me up, but hey, if you are looking for your Jones uhhh... jones, then nothing beats the vintage stuff. I give this guy props for starting this somewhat cheap.

Vintage 12" Indy

Then there's always this... I'd be amazed if the 12" sold for this...

12" Asking Price?

Lastly, I was surprised this had a bid, but I have another collection that I buy some obscure stuff from as well, so I "get it".

Thermos and Lunchbox

Keep in mind that I don't know anything about these sellers, and am not advocating them as much as just talking about the interesting stuff I see on the bay. I've always been a sucker for the market activity on collectibles.

Last edited:

sebillba

I got the vintage 12" Indy for Christmas. I think he was about £40, but is absolutely mint (no box). Here he is with my kitbashed Hasbro Indy and Sideshow Indy, for a sort of "Evolution of Indy" line-up:

indy4.jpg

Saber79

UIMJ said:
So I've been looking for a deal of sorts on the last vintage figure that I need, but 30 bucks for a mail-away?

Actually lately, I've been finding a few Belloq Mail-Aways (either loose or mip) fairly cheap on ebay.
In fact, I scored a MIP one last month for a total of $18 (including shipping). I carefully cut the package and have it now on display.

What I do is, normally in the search field I'll just type "Indiana Jones" and hit the Action Figures link on the left after the search finishes. I've found a lot of figures listed by people who don't know the character's name, just know that they are from I.J. Sometimes you can find some sweet deals.

Good Luck! (y)

JgonzalezNJ

sebillba said:
I got the vintage 12" Indy for Christmas. I think he was about £40, but is absolutely mint (no box). Here he is with my kitbashed Hasbro Indy and Sideshow Indy, for a sort of "Evolution of Indy" line-up:

indy4.jpg

What happened, you don't have the McCoy Indy? LOL - very nice line up!:hat:

UIMJ

Saber79 said:
Actually lately, I've been finding a few Belloq Mail-Aways (either loose or mip) fairly cheap on ebay.
In fact, I scored a MIP one last month for a total of $18 (including shipping). I carefully cut the package and have it now on display.

What I do is, normally in the search field I'll just type "Indiana Jones" and hit the Action Figures link on the left after the search finishes. I've found a lot of figures listed by people who don't know the character's name, just know that they are from I.J. Sometimes you can find some sweet deals.

Good Luck! (y)

That is a good old eBay tactic. Just do a general search and look for mislabeled stuff on the cheap. I don't mind paying for something though if it's a legit collectible and scarce in good shape. :)

Something about that 12" Indy though... has a place in my heart as one of favorite childhood toys. I usually don't rebuy stuff, but I was glad when I landed one a while back from the bay, MIB and all!

Searching eBay for the lines that I collect is a bit of a hobby for me though. I've always loved watching collectible markets. As we've stated before though - the vintage line usually sells pretty well if it's in good shape. There's a lot of crap on the bay in lots, but the best stuff is usually complete and in good shape rather than crammed in lots.

mfisher

I carried my old vintage Kenner 12" Indy all over the place as a kid.. I wore that thing out.. ended up getting a mint replacement one from a girlfriend in college one year at christmas.. I think I like that one, for sentimental reasons, over my TMC one... BTW .. the pic of your vintage Kenner Indy has his hat on backwards :D

sebillba

JgonzalezNJ said:
What happened, you don't have the McCoy Indy? LOL - very nice line up!:hat:

Sadly he's out of my league.... but I've just bought the Medicom Indy (and Henry Sr!) to join the line up! :D

mfisher said:
BTW .. the pic of your vintage Kenner Indy has his hat on backwards :D

Yeah, I thought the seam should go at the back, but I couldn't get it to sit right that way... I know it still doesn't look great, but it fits a lot better this way round.

UIMJ

Interesting lot of playsets and..... several MOC Thots?!?! Looks like this guy was hoarding at some point....

Vintage Playset Lot + Man MOC Thots

Also, here's some evidence that the vintage line is still collectible and somewhat affordable. This relatively complete Vintage Maproom sold for only over 30 bucks! That's not a bad deal for a full playset and figure (look at the new Akator selling for 40). It just shows that although the vintage stuff is an investment, it's a small enough line that should still be embraced by I.J. collectors. :)
Recently Sold vintage Map Room

UIMJ

This guy has film Scores, but if you live in the states this lot will come from overseas. Low Starting bid though, so there's a shot at a decent deal here!

Film Score Set

and this was pretty cool. It ends in 12 minutes though. BIN of $100, I'd have picked them up myself if I had some extra cash planned.

Limited Plate Set

I swiped the picture in case it disappears when the auction ends. Cool set!

1803207172958080_1.jpg

Lastly, although this isn't vintage, I've taken an interest in the Topps Series blankback cards. The stuff from Topps Vault is usually pretty cool, and sought after in the right circles. The one in this listing is incredibly iconic considering it's the card with the original Raiders poster!

Topps Masterpieces Blankback Sealed

UIMJ

There's only a few hours left on this one, but so far it's a real steal. The Vintage German Mechanic is one of the more sought after toys from the vintage line, and the one in this auction still has the only accessory that he came with: the easily lost plastic wrench.

Vintage German Mechanic listing

UIMJ

Some cool stuff on the bay right now... it's an interesting market because when Dr. Jones is in the limelight again either with a new movie or a BluRay release, I'd bet that many of these vintage items will spike...

These are pretty awesome... I'm debating about buying them myself..
Vintage Indiana Jones Video Poster Lot - 2 Included

Quite frankly, I think this guy is out of his mind for what his BIN is...
VINTAGE 1984 SET OF 3 INDIANA JONES METAL LUNCHBOXES

Not sure what to make of this, but if it's legit, it's cool...
ORIGINAL NOS VINTAGE FIRST INDIANA JONES MOVIE POSTER

Nice vintage fig lot, so far pretty cheap....
Indiana Jones Vintage Lot 1982 3 ¾? Kenner

Awesome Lee's supplement, great reading and nice for Indy fans in general...
LEES GUIDE TO VINTAGE INDIANA JONES ACTION FIGURES

UIMJ

Some decent vintage stuff on the bay today, all currently super cheap! I'd say most of these are worth digging in for...

Better scope these out as they both end soon (only about 5 hours to go...)
Small Lot of Vintage Kenner Figures

Vintage Resin Model, Cheap?! Not bad...

This is a much more realistic price beyond that goofball a few days back asking a zillion dollars for one of these. Cleary I can't attest to the condition, though.
VINTAGE INDIANA JONES & The Temple of Doom 84 Lunch Box

Great price on this one, but who wants it without any accessories?
Vintage Temple of Doom Indy

UIMJ

A few interesting market related and live auction updates for collectors:

First, you'll remember the authentic, movie-used Fertility Idol (mentioned in the first post of this page) was being auctioned off a couple of weeks back. Well, it seems that the reserve was not met at that time, and that it's been re-listed. It's off reserve auction and on BIN this time around.

Fertility Idol - COA'd as used in filming

Second, the small vintage lot with some great Kenner style weapons is down to less than 40 min. to go.

Small Kenner Lot w. painted revolver

Third, there's a really interesting listing here where the seller is claiming that this is the only AFA'd vintage Kenner Thot in existence. I'd guess that he's referring to the 9-back card here.

AFA High Grade Vintage Kenner Thot

Interesting stuff up tonight.

UIMJ

Been a while since I was patroling eBay for some cool and unique vintage stuff for the Raveners, but I managed to go through some of the listings that are active as of tonight and found some noteworthy pieces!

This is a truly cool model and has an entire Cairo cross section to it. I can't imagine how awesome this thing would be on display if you had the guts to open and build it out of it's vintage box.
MPC Indiana Jones Desert Chase Model

I had never seen this before, but it's pretty incredible and I'd guess that it would make a great display next to the Blockbuster movie case:
INDIANA JONES TRILOGY WOODEN PYRAMID

HAHAHA!!
This picture in this listing made me laugh. Nuff said.

There might be an end of auction bidding war on this, but with the current price in the listing, you'd be crazy not to bid on it (11 bucks, MIB!!!)
Sideshow Collectibles 12 Inch Indiana Jones

It's cool to see an AFA'd set of these together, but with them somewhat still available MOC on the bay, I don't think I'd condone dropping the bill that is being asked for the set here. Still, it's cool to see an AFA'd set standing around together.
2003 Disney Indiana Jones 6 Figure Set AFA U85 & U90

UIMJ

It's been a while since I was watching the market on Indy stuff as Iron Man stuff, along with my work on Advanced Iron takes too much of my collecting time.

I have drifted a bit back into some I.J. card collecting however. Minus a few pinheads here or there with asking prices in the hundreds on common sketch cards, prices are decent right now.

I know it isn't exactly a vintage piece, but it is a noteworthy item for any Indiana Jones market report. The triple signed auto card is currently on the bay for a whopping 12k asking price at the moment....

Triple Signed Masterpieces Auto Card

Is it worth it? I'm torn. There is only one, and it is an authentic, licensed card from a set that was well received by fans.

On the other hand, you could probably generate a print out of something very similar and find a way to get all three celebrities to sign it at a cost cheaper than that of the card.