Disney Disgust

Raiders90

XanaduMel said:
I loved that movie when I was younger, I miss it being on TV. Isn't the Girl who plays Susie, the girl who played Kimberly(the pink power ranger) in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers?

On to the subject of Power rangers. Am I the only one to think that it has been turned into pure garbage?

It has been turned into a really babyish show now, and it is nothing compared to the original Power Rangers.:mad:

Yeah she was. I had a crush on her as Susie Q when I was a kid to be honest.
That's one movie they need to release to DVD.

XanaduEli

Raiders112390 said:
Yeah she was. I had a crush on her as Susie Q when I was a kid to be honest.
That's one movie they need to release to DVD.

It's on youtube. I just downloaded it and burnt it to a DVD for my own personal use.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Agent Crab said:
RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things.
Grown men playing with toys.

Nobody needs to grow up. Even if RC was a 300-pound biker with prison tattoos all over him and he enjoyed Hannah Montana it would be his prerogative.

I certainly don't watch Disney Channel or cartoons geared for kids anymore. I still read Disney comics though, and even enjoy them quite a bit.

The catch? I don't talk or rave about my other interests or guilty pleasures in a place that has no relation to them.

What RC - no, everyone - needs to realize is that there is no preaching to an audience that doesn't wish to listen and go find one that does. And if one fails to realize it by themselves, the board upkeep will do it for them. The methods I won't cite, as they are obvious.

Raiders90

Finn said:
Grown men playing with toys.

Nobody needs to grow up. Even if RC was a 300-pound biker with prison tattoos all over him and he enjoyed Hannah Montana it would be his prerogative.

I certainly don't watch Disney Channel or cartoons geared for kids anymore. I still read Disney comics though, and even enjoy them quite a bit.

The catch? I don't talk or rave about my other interests or guilty pleasures in a place that has no relation to them.

What RC - no, everyone - needs to realize is that there is no preaching to an audience that doesn't wish to listen and go find one that does. And if one fails to realize it by themselves, the board upkeep will do it for them. The methods I won't cite, as they are obvious.

But he does have an audience, even if small--I and several others agree with him. I and others love Disney, and I don't one anyone could construe his post as trolling, and this forum is called Open Discussion...So I mean even if there's an audience of 1, or 2, a thread should be allowed to stand. The guy made a reasonable point, and was well articulated in his presentation of it...Others have the freedom to disagree with his point or even him saying it, but still....

Finn

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
So I mean even if there's an audience of 1, or 2, a thread should be allowed to stand.
If a thread constantly generates flames and trouble, it must go no matter how well-intentioned it is.

You make the mistake in argumentation by vetoing to general civil rights of minorities while all you have in this particular joint are whatever the upkeep decides to grant you. And for us, a civil discussion comes before any rights you might have outside your monitor.

If the upkeep has the option to quell the flames by either removing 1 to 2 yaysayers or 10 to 20 naysayers, you can be quite certain we will go for the pragmatic choice, no matter how morally questionable it might be.

Also, the moderator is always right. Even if s/he's wrong. This doesn't mean you can't complain about issues close to your heart, but it does mean that you can't complain if nobody listens to the initial complaints.

Have a nice day.

Agent Crab

Raiders112390 said:
If there is a game that needs to be made into a movie, it's the King's Quest series.

As for RedeemedChild, I think he's absolutely 1000% correct with regard to Disney. So thumbs up to him.
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q and the Disney Channel shows of the '90s. I miss traditionally animated Disney movies.
Disney isn't just for kids, so all the people saying he needs to grow up are kind of harsh--Disney has always been for everyone, young and old alike. That was a part of Uncle Walt's dream.

He whines about shows geared for ten year olds and girls. Which he is neither. Then he also talks about a video game making a good TV or movie series. Read his previous posts to get a clue. Stuff like Hannah Montana, Suite Life Zack and Cody, Sonny With a Chance and so on are geared for tweens and teens. Much like what Nick shows sometimes. If one person don't like them; no sense complaining. Don't watch them.

He also posted a thread about Nintendo games becoming TV shows, but the thread never met with anyone's like. Most of his likes such as anime, video games and such isn't really liked here. Sure, people can talk what they like; but alot of people don't like that stuff on this forum.

I do like Video games. I do like Retro stuff and Ninja Turtles. Though, I keep it to myself, rather then posting threads that certain games would make a good TV series. There are other forums and places for that. If I want to talk about Megaman, Power Rangers or Video games, I'll go to another forum.

@ XanaduMel

There is good news. Saban did buy back the rights to Power Rangers, so no more Disney Rangers with slipping accents.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
You make the mistake in argumentation by vetoing to general civil rights of minorities while all you have in this particular joint are whatever the upkeep decides to grant you. And for us, a civil discussion comes before any rights you might have outside your monitor.

If the upkeep has the option to quell the flames by either removing 1 to 2 yaysayers or 10 to 20 naysayers, you can be quite certain we will go for the pragmatic choice, no matter how morally questionable it might be.

Also, the moderator is always right. Even if s/he's wrong. This doesn't mean you can't complain about issues close to your heart, but it does mean that you can't complain if nobody listens to the initial complaints.

We all have to remember that while many of us are "IndyFans", we're always going to be "Guests" at The Raven. If somebody doesn't agree with the host, they have the choice of visiting another hostelry (where the house rules are more to their liking!)

The Drifter

I see old Remmy is still sucking buttermilk through his anus over the current state of Disney.
Some things never change. :rolleyes:

Montana Smith

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I see old Remmy is still sucking buttermilk through his anus over the current state of Disney.

And it still comes out of his nose every time he sneezes! :p

Finn

Staff member
This thread's been dead in the water for a week. Was it absolutely necessary to resurrect it just for that?

Raiders90

Lonsome_Drifter said:

Why all the animosity toward this guy?

Agent Crab

Raiders112390 said:
Why all the animosity toward this guy?

You havn't been on this forum long enough to know how he is. Remmy is someone who only cares about anime, Disney and other nonsense. Posts pointless threads that either are shunned or ignored. He also pushes his belifes on people, which is annoying.

He once tried to tell me off, because I didn't like one of his beloved cartoons.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Agent Crab said:
You havn't been on this forum long enough to know how he is.

Yeah, he's been here <I>longer</I>.

And I can't tell anymore, Agent Crab, who has the biggest hobbyhorse. RedeemedChild for Disney, anime, and Nintendo; or you, for RedeemedChild. And at that point we've got a problem.

After all...

The Forum Rules said:
Trolling/Flaming/Bashing/Baiting:
We respect the right of everyone to express their opinions without fear of being attacked or personally insulted. Feel free to debate strongly and offer firm opinions. However, if you feel the need to indulge in mean-spirited and personally directed insults, attacks, and quarrels, do so off the forum. Baiting or inflammatory posts designed to attract or elicit predicable responses are not appropriate and persistence in this activity can result in suspension or banning.

So lay off.

Not that all of this doesn't still stand.

XanaduEli

Does anyone remember Bernard's Watch?
I loved that show.
I saw a remake of it this morning and it is awful.

DiscoLad

ResidentAlien said:
The irony is that this is a goddamn INDIANA JONES BOARD. Indiana Jones is supposed to be the mascot, not Mickey.

Go post this where someone gives a ****.

Jesus Christ I thought you were dead... :dead:
Looks like it would've been a good Idea.

Anyway, from a animator.
I don't watch Disney anymore, not many cartoons playing anymore. (n)
Sad.

Whoa WHOA just thought of one. A diamond, Phineas and Ferb.
One one the finest cartoons, ever.

Montana Smith

Disney was an evil manipulator?

White Wilderness

Claim: During the filming of the 1958 Disney nature documentary White Wilderness, the film crew induced lemmings into jumping off a cliff and into the sea in order to document their supposedly suicidal behavior.

Origins: Lemming suicide is fiction. Contrary to popular belief, lemmings do not periodically hurl themselves off of cliffs and into the sea. Cyclical explosions in population do occasionally induce lemmings to attempt to migrate to areas of lesser population density. When such a migration occurs, some lemmings die by falling over cliffs or drowning in lakes or rivers. These deaths are not deliberate "suicide" attempts, however, but accidental deaths resulting from the lemmings' venturing into unfamiliar territories and being crowded and pushed over dangerous ledges.

In fact, when the competition for food, space, or mates becomes too intense, lemmings are much more likely to kill each other than to kill themselves.

Disney's White Wilderness was filmed in Alberta, Canada, which is not a native habitat for lemmings and has no outlet to the sea. Lemmings were
imported for use in the film, purchased from Inuit children by the filmmakers. The Arctic rodents were placed on a snow-covered turntable and filmed from various angles to produce a "migration" sequence; afterwards, the helpless creatures were transported to a cliff overlooking a river and herded into the water. White Wilderness does not depict an actual lemming migration ? at no time are more than a few dozen lemmings ever shown on the screen at once. The entire sequence was faked using a handful of lemmings deceptively photographed to create the illusion of a large herd of migrating creatures.

Nine different photographers spent three years shooting and assembling footage for the various segments that comprise White Wilderness. It is not known whether Disney approved or knew about the activities of James R. Simon, the principal photographer for the lemmings sequence.

Nature documentaries are notoriously difficult to film, as wild animals are not terribly cooperative. Many nature shows and films of this era ?
including Disney's "True-Life Adventure" movies and TV's Wild Kingdom ? staged events to capture exciting footage for their audiences. The sight of a few lemmings mistaking a lake or ocean for a stream and drowning after swimming out too far, or being pushed over a cliff during the frenzied rush of migration, has become the basis of a widespread belief that lemmings commit suicide en masse when their numbers grow too large.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp