Things Sleeping Beauty's Castle could fade into

Lance Quazar

In light of today's news, we can expect a different corporate logo in the front of any hypothetical new Indy project.

So....thoughts/suggestions?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I've been saying for awhile that the old Monkey king intro, the Scottish fishing trip, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Still, the Avengers didn't have Disney at the start, from what I've been able to tell, so who knows how things would look, in such a case.

Lance Quazar

Attila the Professor said:
Still, the Avengers didn't have Disney at the start, from what I've been able to tell, so who knows how things would look, in such a case.

Only because of lingering license issues with Paramount (who released the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America films).

Future Marvel movies will indeed feature the Disney logo.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lance Quazar said:
Only because of lingering license issues with Paramount (who released the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America films).

We don't know what deal Disney might make with Paramount, though, to remove whatever "encumbrances" there currently are on their use of the character/franchise.

Besides, there's also a chance that they'd opt to have the Disney intro, followed by Lucasfilm's. Not that that solves the problem.

Forbidden Eye

Lance Quazar said:

Do we know they're going to use the Disney logo for future Marvel films? They could easily just use the Marvel logo.

Iger confirmed that its harder to associate with Paramount's contract than 20th Century Fox's contract, so I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about losing the Paramount logo for a potential Indy 5.

Goodeknight

I'd like to see an Indy adventure begin here.

Neuschwanstein.jpg

WilliamBoyd8

The picture is of Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.

The Nazis stored lots of stolen art there during World War II.

Indy would be most interested.

:)

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
Things Sleeping Beauty's Castle could fade into
It could fade into a mountain. A mountain of vomit.:sick:
WilliamBoyd8 said:
The picture is of Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.
Goodeknight picked a good one because the look of Schloss Neuschwanstein was one of the main inspirations for Disney's castles.

"I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream..."

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
It could fade into a mountain. A mountain of vomit.:sick:

Similar to something I refrained from posting: the tallest tower issues forth vomit which creates a moat at the base of the castle. :sick:

When you see this new logo, you know what you're in for! :p

Forbidden Eye

Lance Quazar said:

Well, as I assumed months ago, this is not necessarily the case. :whip:

IMDB Trivia for "Iron Man 3" said:
Disney bought the distribution rights from Paramount for $115 million. This deal also included The Avengers. However, as with The Avengers, under the conditions of the deal, Paramount will be the studio logo to appear and not Disney's. It is expected that no reference to Disney will be made until the very end of the closing credits, "Distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures."

Skywalker82

Picture the opening to the film

I mean we see a live action shot out a castle in Germany during the daytime with the words "Walt Disney Pictures" on it then camera goes up on a mountain nearby the castle as we see the words "Paramount Pictures" then Lucasfilm's logo as well then the title of the movie comes up.

WilliamBoyd8

The film opens with a scene of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland.

November, 1966

Indiana Jones enters a large office in Southern California.

An elderly, obviously ill man is seated at the desk.

"Professor Jones, I am dying.
The doctors tell me it is lung cancer and I will be dead within a month.
I have heard a lot about you, can you do something for me?"

"Yes, of course, Mr. Disney"

:)

Stoo

WilliamBoyd8 said:
"Professor Jones, I am dying.
The doctors tell me it is lung cancer and I will be dead within a month.
I have heard a lot about you, can you do something for me?"

"Yes, of course, Mr. Disney"
Heh.:) "Yes, of course, Mr. Disney...A colleague of mine has been experimenting with cryogenics. His work may interest you." ;)
WilliamBoyd8 said:
The film opens with a scene of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland.

November, 1966

Indiana Jones enters a large office in Southern California.
Here's what I wrote more than a year and a half before Disney bought Lucasfilm:

Things the Paramount logo could fade into
10 March, 2011 - Post #116
Stoo said:
Paramount logo dissolves to the snow-capped Matterhorn in the Alps.

Camera pulls back to reveal that it's actually the Matterhorn ride in Disneyland!:eek:

Titles: CALIFORNIA 1960

Silhouette of Indy & Short Round walk on screen.

Short Round: "Docta Jones, maybe one day you get wide here."
Indiana Jones: "Whaddya mean, Short Stuff?"
Short Round: "Yo' own wide, Indy! Yo' own wide!"
Indiana Jones: "Shorty, you've got a vivid imagination."

curmudgeon

So... Disney ended up not putting their logo in front of Thor 2, which was Marvel Studios' first post-Paramount film. (Instead, Marvel got to go solo, with an updated logo with new fanfare.) The castle emblem has similarly been left off marketing material for the other upcoming films from that division.

And now Disney's "Company Overview" page appears to list Lucasfilm as a separate film label from the main Disney film brand, alongside Marvel and Touchstone.

For now, I think that may rule out a castle fade.

And if that stays the case, what would you like to see them do? Abandon the fade altogether? Try to fade the Lucasfilm arch into something? Maybe just open the film with a shot of a mountain for the hell of it?

Le Saboteur

curmudgeon said:
And now Disney's "Company Overview" page appears to list Lucasfilm as a separate film label from the main Disney film brand, alongside Marvel and Touchstone.

For now, I think that may rule out a castle fade.

giphy.gif

Clocks don't chime. (What a surprise!) They ring-a-ding-ding. (Happy New Year!)

curmudgeon

Disney states, "Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed."

Note how they didn't put it under the Disney subset of divisions, but with their castle-free film brands.

But sorry to sully a thread about the hypothetical question of what real castle a castle logo could fade into, with boring circumstantial evidence that they may not use a castle at all, for a hypothetical movie that might not happen.

*pushes up nerd glasses*

Lao_Che

Would be kinda neat if they stuck

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qPenEtDNzoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

on the front of the film just for the sake of doing the fade in on a castle.

Might come across as a snub to Paramount though.