Anyone here been to India?

JediIndy

Myself I am East Indian by decent, but was born and raised in Canada. 6 years ago, I lived in a small Indian village in Southern India for 3 months for summer holidays. I stayed near a Ashram where a holy man lives named Sai Baba. Anyway there is many temple they do have Sankara Stones throughout India. (More than 5, actually hundreds). These Sankara stones are designed to generate and grab peaceful cosmic positive energies from the universe and help cleanse the temple, rivers crops, villages, animals and even people from evil and negative forces. The Sankara stones do not have diamonds in them nor do they glow. Although some of them actually oddly for no explanation do emit oil, healing oils.

As for the Kali drink. I have never heard of any such thing. But interestingly enough Many yogis and swami's of India occasionaly when communing with spirts of the netherworld and with god go into fits or seizures kind of like Indiana did in Temple. (btw Harrison did a kick ass job immitating seizures and being possessed, i wonder if he watched any possesed people or epiliptec people)

Anyway I would like to share my experiences and hear any thoughts or your experiences you've had.

This is kind of the primary reasons why I think Temple is the best of the Indy films. The writers were western but it was cool they did an India story as many westerners are unaware of Indian culture and religion.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Do the stones there have three lines representing the three levels of the universe?

JediIndy

Yes, they do have three lines. In addition there is also white and red shiva lingams made of blessed holy rock. And some of the swamis, if you can believe it have made gold and silver sankara stones the size of an egg!

moondrifter

I am indian but born in michigan and have lived in the UK all my life. IN 2003 and i went to India for the first time with my family. We did all the touristy bits such as Bombay, delhi etc, but the best part was just living life as the locals. Especially finding the village of my relatives...surrounded by sugar cane fields and buffalo on the marshes.

Dunno if this is any help to anyone but just wanted to share a little of my experience:)