Katarn07's stuff

Katarn07

Well, I'll dedicate this topic to all my stuff. Trouble is, the only stuff I have at the moment is Akubra's Federation Regular in Med Brown. I didn't get the brim quite right, but I'm rather fond of the crown. I LOVE this hat.

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

I'm shopping around for a jacket now but it's not really in my budget right now once I decide upon one. The gas mask bag is next on my shopping list.

deckard24

Nice hat man, it looks really good! Now I don't know the first thing about shaping a fedora, but I'd be pretty impressed with that if I did it!:hat:

Katarn07

deckard24 said:
Nice hat man, it looks really good! Now I don't know the first thing about shaping a fedora, but I'd be pretty impressed with that if I did it!:hat:

I was so afraid when I opened the box and saw the open crown. I didn't think I'd be able to do it. But it's actually really easy to do. I think I should have slowed down and not creased the front so soon. I didn't "turn" the hat enough to get it to "swoosh" enough on the sides. Oh well!

Indy fan 235

Katarn07 said:
I was so afraid when I opened the box and saw the open crown. I didn't think I'd be able to do it. But it's actually really easy to do. I think I should have slowed down and not creased the front so soon. I didn't "turn" the hat enough to get it to "swoosh" enough on the sides. Oh well!

Do all fedoras need to be shaped when you get them?

Katarn07

Indy fan 235 said:
Do all fedoras need to be shaped when you get them?

No. But this particular store (hatsdirect.com) I got it from sells all of their fedoras open crowned and need to be shaped by you.

Katarn07

Well as was planned I wore my gear for costume day at the day camp I work for during the summer. It had to be 80+ degrees and I brought a change of clothes to compensate, but ya know what? I wore the whole thing from 9-6! How often do you get to wear your Indy stuff? This was the first time I put it all on and I just felt awesome in it.

I didn't have any pics taken of me to show off my stuff, just a few with the whole camp and of me messing around.

IndyGetup.jpg

indyinaction.jpg

I didn't wear my whip because 1)it's a weapon and 2) it looks like crap with all my other gear. Since then I've gotten an Air Soft pistol and plan on getting Todd's Holster. I'd like a new whip but will have to wait for Christmas or something because good quality ones are just too danged expensive.

And to think all of this started with simply wanting a leather jacket (which I still don't have!!!)

Comments? I dunno if that gun belt's on the right way and I'm not sure if those pants are the best choice in terms of color. They're just one of my many khaki slacks.

indyclone25

very nice --- i hope you had fun at the camp - just wait soon you will be able to complete your outfit and then you'll be a true indy --lol
whereabout in chicago are you at ?