The Young Indiana Jones Knife

IndyFrench

TR.N Staff Member
I debating putting this in collectables, but it seemed more appropriate here as this was released during the original broadcasts of YIJC. I bought this back then and couldn't bring myself to take it on any camping trips, so it stayed in the box, pristine to this day...

YIJKNIFE.jpg

Finn

Staff member
It seems like they were definitely trying to rob audience from a certain, very popular 80s action show that had recently come to an end when YIJC premiered.

Finn said:
It seems like they were definitely trying to rob audience from a certain, very popular 80s action show that had recently come to an end when YIJC premiered.

I was thinking the same thing.

And speaking of that great unmentionable...

...I keep considering purchasing a Victoronix Huntsman... One of these days I will.

I'm not much for "gear" but the Huntsman is just a great damn knife, geeky or not.

Finn

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:
I'm not much for "gear" but the Huntsman is just a great damn knife, geeky or not.
I have a Spartan hanging from my keyring (lost the tweezers somewhere though), never leave home without it. And no, I don't consider myself a least bit geeky.

<small>And it's spelled "Victorinox", btw.</small>

Finn said:
I have a Spartan hanging from my keyring (lost the tweezers somewhere though), never leave home without it. And no, I don't consider myself a least bit geeky.

<small>And it's spelled "Victorinox", btw.</small>

Oops. Simple typo.

Yeah, I carry a small pocket knife at all times; never know when you may need one. Invaluable tool. But mine is massively cheap... time to get something better.

NoCamels

That is a cool knife.

I will admit, while I was in Switzerland, I bought a nice Swiss Army knife to replace my cheap knockoff and had my name engraved on it...and in a flash of geekiness, I had to talk myself out of putting the name of said '80s action hero on it. I couldn't bring myself to tell the person in the store to do it. :eek:

Stoo

IndyFrench, we were recently talking about the knife in this thread. Too funny!
Thanks for the photo and hang on to it, my friend. It's a neat item.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=13054

NoCamels said:
while I was in Switzerland, I bought a nice Swiss Army knife to replace my cheap knockoff
Where did you visit? When I moved to Switzerland last year my on-board luggage
had tons of pockets on it. I thought I had checked them all but, while going through
security, my Swiss Army knife was discoverd "hidden" in one of the many pockets.
It was eventually confiscated but that knife had tremendous sentimental
value. *sniff*:(

(It even had the plastic toothpick that was tucked into the shell.)

NoCamels

I was only in Switzerland for a few days. It was spring break during my semester in Spain and some friends and I took the train in a big loop through Europe. In Switzerland we stayed in Interlaken at a really big old hostel, and the store I bought the knife at was owned by the hostel. We went parasailing and also to a little ski town nearby that you had to take a cable car to get to and played in the snow a bit (ski season was over, though). We actually cut out our last stop on the trip so we could stay longer. I really liked Switzerland.
Believe me, I triple-checked to make sure that new knife was in my checked luggage on the way home!!!

ReggieSnake

I still have yet to lose a knife to security, that would stink.(n) My SAN is special to me too.

Do you know any Elseners in Switzerland Stoo? There is a possibility that I'm related to Karl Elsener, creator of the SAN; my Grandpa's father was from Switzerland. In fact I think the Swiss president at the time wrote a letter of condolence to my great grandmother after his death (they had moved here to the U.S.)