Marvel Crossovers

Stoo

Deckard said:
Captain America has been greenlit for 2011, it will be a period piece set in WWII. He will be "frozen" at the end only to be thawed out by the Avengers in the modern day.

The Avengers movie will follow six weeks after the realese of Captain America and star the Captain, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Antman.
FINALLY! Awesome news! Antman, too? Looking forward to this even though it's 3 years away...

Sing with me:
"When Captain America throws his mighty shield
All those choose oppose his shield must yield..."

Crack that whip

I can't help but wonder what it would take to get them to dare take another cinematic crack at Howard the Duck, now that the very name has been synonymous with "movie megaturkey" for over two decades...

Deckard

Crack that whip said:
I can't help but wonder what it would take to get them to dare take another cinematic crack at Howard the Duck, now that the very name has been synonymous with "movie megaturkey" for over two decades...

I think it would take a Silver Surfer movie with Howard as sidekick.

Stoo said:
FINALLY! Awesome news! Antman, too? Looking forward to this even though it's 3 years away...

Sing with me:
"When Captain America throws his mighty shield
All those choose oppose his shield must yield..."

Same here but the time will fly by with all the other Marvel films int he meantime. Just glad a company is doing this right instead of springing Justice League on actors who are already in established roles. At least the Marvel actors know going in, it will be tied to the Avengers.

Shortie

The new Punisher movie looks stupid. I don't think he can translate well to the screen.

I hope Marvel can atleast mention their other heroes. Maybe in The Avengers after Caps is thawed out (hopefully at the end of his movie) Stark or Fury can rundown the important things that's happened in the last 60 years then rundown all the heroes. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Blade, Spider-Man, The X-Men, War Machine (if he's in IM2), Deadpool (he's coming in the Wolverine movie), Venom (if his solo movie is coming out around that time) & Gambit (same as Deadpool). I think it'd be wise to leave out DD since his rights are probably going back to Marvel soon & a re-boot would quickly be in the works.

Ignatius Stone

Won't this be the third Punisher attempt?

Yes indeed. Dolph Lundgren's Punisher had some good points. I still kind of like it.

ThePunisher2.jpg
punisher-comparison.jpg

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

To be honest?the new Punisher appears to be a script that Van Damme and Steven Seagal wouldn?t touch. I don?t think USA and TNT will even play it. I personally liked the Thomas Jane version. I'm not afraid to say it. I appreciated that dark humor they retained from the Garth Ennis books. Those are pure satirical gold and brilliantly crafted. It was far from perfect, but I found it enjoyable. This new guy looks awful to me and the film appears to be the essence of camp.

Ignatius Stone

Time will tell!

And speaking of Thomas Jane... here he is in an unofficial make up test for the role of Jonah Hex:

jonah-hex-test.jpg

Although he's not formally connected to the proposed production, Jane said:

Yeah, the pic is real all right – my pal Akiva Goldsman told me about the project and I fell in love with the idea right away. Being a huge fan of all things Hex – I just couldn’t help myself. I called up my buddy Chris Nelson and we spent a Saturday afternoon working up some make-up for this impromptu shoot and I fired a few pics off to Warners. How do people get a hold of this s**t? It’s a little embarrassing seeing my fanboy enthusiasm spilled all over the web, but great scripts don’t come around too often, especially for characters I love.

Deckard

I agree, not too excited judging from the new trailer but it can't be worse then the last attempt w/ Jane, which was imo awful. Plus I look at this pic :

Ignatius Stone said:
Yes indeed. Dolph Lundgren's Punisher had some good points. I still kind of like it.

ThePunisher2.jpg
punisher-comparison.jpg

And I think, yea thats Frank on the right. He looks way more the part to me, plus was a great actor on Rome.

The Man

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117993032.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Kenneth Branagh is negotiating to direct "Thor," the next Marvel Comics property that will be turned into a live-action film by Marvel Studios. Pic will be released in 2010.

Marvel will self-finance the film via its $500 million credit facility through Merrill Lynch. Marvel used that coin to fund both "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and will do the same for the "Iron Man" sequel that has director Favreau and star Robert Downey Jr. returning.

Marvel will set a distributor for "Thor" shortly.

TheMutt92

Snakes said:
I don't like how they're releasing Captain America and The Avengers in the same year. I wish they'd give us Captain America a year or two earlier, end it with Cap getting frozen, and then pick it up in the Avengers.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Maybe have Avengers in 2012? Or is it that Captain America will (per se) lead right into Avengers (hence the subtitle)?

TheMutt92

The latest on Avengers...

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. AND JON FAVREAU SUIT UP FOR MARVEL STUDIOS' THE AVENGERS AND IRON MAN 2

As part of his four picture deal with Marvel Studios, Robert Downey Jr. is appearing as Tony Stark in THE AVENGERS motion picture, as well as reprising his starring role as the larger-than-life leading character in IRON MAN 2. Jon Favreau will return to direct the sequel to the blockbuster IRON MAN, which to date has grossed over $578 million worldwide, as well as executive produce THE AVENGERS.

Marvel Studios is pleased today to confirm that an agreement has been finalized with award-winning actor Don Cheadle to take on the role of Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Marvel's IRON MAN 2 due in theaters on May 7, 2010. In casting Cheadle, Marvel replaces Terrence Howard who appeared in the role of Rhodey in IRON MAN.

Cheadle is also signed on to perform the same role in THE AVENGERS and subsequent installments of the IRON MAN franchise.

In a movie event, THE AVENGERS will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced.

The highly anticipated sequel to IRON MAN will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and THE AVENGERS will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

TheMutt92

Deckard said:
The biggest foe they ever faced? Hmm...

If you're thinking that suggests Hulk, think again: he's listed as one of the Avengers engaging this "biggest foe". But things could change...

Deckard

TheMutt92 said:
If you're thinking that suggests Hulk, think again: he's listed as one of the Avengers engaging this "biggest foe". But things could change...

No I wasn't thinking that, I know hes on the team. I hope this means Ed Norton is playing him.

I was hoping for Doctor Doom actually. Doubt that will happen tho.=(

The Man

She Could Harden Thor's Hammer...

Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily has come up with an interesting casting tidbit, linking Natalie Portman to "Thor". During the time many are fuzzing on who should portray the superhero character, Finke claimed that the star of the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy is the front runner to play the female lead for the particular Marvel's movie.

Although positioning the 27-year-old as the potential leading lady, Finke didn't go further on hinting which character Portman will be portraying. The Golden Globe-winning actress could be taking the part of Thor's Asgard love-interest and antagonist, Amora the Enchantress, Thor's wife who is also a Goddess in Asgard, Sif, or even Donald Blake's love interest, Jane.

caats

the amount of comic book movies from Marvel in the next few years is CRAAAZY. i think they're schedule has been changed up a lot. avengers was moved back to 2012 i think. which means avengers and bats3 will prob be head to head. woot.

- Thor-June 17, 2011

- The First Avenger: Captain America- July 22, 2011

- The Avengers- May 4, 2012

agentsands77

caats said:
the amount of comic book movies from Marvel in the next few years is CRAAAZY.
Yeah. We'll see how many of them are actually good.

caats said:
i think they're schedule has been changed up a lot. avengers was moved back to 2012 i think. which means avengers and bats3 will prob be head to head. woot.
Nah, 'cause BATMAN 3 is 2011, not 2012.