TOD figures revealed

ChromiumBlue37

It won't be long before we see higher quality pics posted along with Indy. Have to admit - it has been a LONG wait for these figures. In 1984, I was expecting the Kenner IJ toy line to continue into TOD. When I saw the 3 LJN figures at Circus World toy store I was so dissappointed. Never did get them, even when they went on clearance.

The Hasbro figures are spectacular!

Billy Ray

BlackSleep said:
wow, short round is as tall as mola ram

No, he's not, it is just a closer pic of him...they are individual images composited together.

Man, these look great! Kudos to Hasbro for including the flaming hear with Mola Ram! I cannot wait to get these.

Concerning Shortie's lack of a full Yankees logo on his hat, that is pretty easily customizable.

Can't wait to see Indy!

UIMJ

They should've produced Short Round to perfect scale and just included him in a multipack with the Ma-ha-raj because he's a smaller fig. But that would've made too much sense, wouldn't it?

Billy Ray

Crayfish said:
What is around Short Round's neck? It doesn't look right.

I was wondering that too. Maybe a whip? Looks like he is holding the end of whatever it is.

Here's hoping that Mola Ram's head dress is removable!

iLUVINDY

I was hoping to see Willie in the "Club Obi-Wan" Red Dress (n) , ill just have to wait to see what we get in 2009....(y)

We really need a Club Obi-Wan wave: Indy in tux, Nightclub Willie, Lao Che, Kao Kan, Wu-Han and how about Shortie with foot blocks and Gettaway Car? Holy smoke! Kwash landing!

bonoferox

I'm already making the footblocks out of sculpy in anticipation ;)

I'm wondering if the 4" Bruce Wayne from the Dark Knight line would be a suitable body for a Tuxedo Indy custom...

phantom train

These figures look great! I'm actually looking forward to this wave more than the first couple of waves of the Hasbro IJ figures. I have also been waiting for good TOD figures for many years. TOD has been largely
under-represented when it comes to collectibles, so it's nice to see that these will finally be coming out.

We really need a Club Obi-Wan wave: Indy in tux, Nightclub Willie, Lao Che, Kao Kan, Wu-Han and how about Shortie with foot blocks and Gettaway Car? Holy smoke! Kwash landing!

Definitely - I will also add:

- Willie in white shirt and slacks (from the jungle scene)
- Older British major/soldier from the dinner scene and bridge scene
- Generic British soldier (from the bridge scene)
- Chattar Lal

I think if TOD got 2-3 more waves with 5-6 figures in each wave, that would take care of most/all of the major wants from this film.

bonoferox

What I think we need:

Temple Guard with Mine Cart (Deluxe)

Rope Bridge Indy with Mine Cart (Deluxe)

Chatter Lal (Ceremonial with knife)

Thuggee Guard Two-Pack (Deluxe)

deckard24

Awesome news!!(y) Rope bridge Indy better not disappoint though, and I really hope he doesn't have a red beard like the LC figure! Regardless, I'll be buying him and all of these figures. I'm way more excited about this wave then the others!

September can't come soon enough!

deckard24 said:
Awesome news!!(y) Rope bridge Indy better not disappoint though, and I really hope he doesn't have a red beard like the LC figure! Regardless, I'll be buying him and all of these figures. I'm way more excited about this wave then the others!

September can't come soon enough!

My LC Indy does not have a red beard. It is light brown.

The Golden Idol

What's that thing behind Shorty? And is that Indy's whip around his neck and in his left hand? It looks like he's trying to suffocate himself!

Billy Ray

Agent Spalko said:

According to their Q&A over at ThePrivateUniverse, Hasbro thinks we really need this wave too...in 2009:

Q2. Have you considered the opening scene in the Temple of Doom, for a possible 2009 wave? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would fit in great with this fantastic line! Just curious if this is on your radar.

A2. Those are indeed great selections and very close to what we are planning for a 2009 Temple of Doom wave. More details will come later in the year!