David Berry's ILM home video

torao

Moderator Emeritus
You can find the video here. It looks slightly like a 20 minute credit sequence but that doesn't matter. David Berry was among the first special effects guys working at Industrial Light and Magic (just like some of the other people in this video he also went on to work on Indiana Jones). He put together some footage that was recorded back in the 70s featuring his (quite famous) colleagues working on Star Wars.

I really really love this video.

(via io9)

Documentary celebrates 35 years of ILM magic

Bump, looking for a place to post this...thanks for posting that.

This year, ILM turns 35 years old, and to celebrate, the Encore cable TV network commissioned Oscar- and Emmy-winning director Leslie Iwerks to make a 60-minute documentary, "Industrial Light & Magic: Creating the Impossible," which will air on November 14, about the VFX house.

Stoo

Very much looking forward to this! Hopefully it will show on something other than the Encore channel because I don't get it. Thank you so much for the notice, Rocket.:hat:

Also, I never thanked torao for posting the link to that ILM video last year. Cool stuff.(y)

(Leslie Iwerks' grand-dad was Ub Iwerks. Anyone familiar with Walt Disney's early career will know who he was.)

Stoo

So, did the ILM documentary ever air? If so, did anyone watch or record it? How was it?:confused:

Stoo said:
So, did the ILM documentary ever air? If so, did anyone watch or record it? How was it?:confused:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jjLC8lir-yk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited: