Scene Contest

Insomniac

In the near future (for the next 1-2 years) I will be making a high quality fan film...
This is the thread where I hope to create a extra scene for my film, and if it I get one that I particularly like I may put it into the film.
I know us Raveners have quite a bit of originality and creativity so I hope a few rise to the challenge.What I'm try to say is I'd like you all to write me a scene for my film action or no... it may just make the final cut.

Here are some things to take note of:
Of course it can't be a too over the top sequence and it should probably try to stay within the realm of the Indy sequences we know and love.

Two years after the cease fire of WWI Indy is takes summer break to go after a sword which a close friend has exclusive dig rights to with a Hungarian a veteran who wishes to wield the archeological find to reshape the modern world. Many events in this film shape the rest of Indy's actions in his later life and he isn't completely the adventurer we know and love.

Existing Characters
Indy (student at university of Chicago and 20 years of age -30% YIJC and 60% Original Trilogy)
Violet ( rumrunner fromy Chicago Indy's love interest)
Jack Shannon ( student at university of Chicago part-time gangster from Chicago andIndy's best friend)
Stanley Morgan (museum director in the Mediterranean who wields a throwing knife)

Charles Thompson (a young hellbent half crazed WWI vetrean trying to resurrect Hungarian rule who can wield any weapon with ease always with a thompson sub machine gun close by)
Sam Rye (a buff trench coat warring sturmtruppen WWI veteran at the right hand of Thompson)
WWI Vetrans
Local Mercenaries
Feel free to create a character too.

The Locations:
Chicago (Indy, Jack and Violet)
Hungary (Jack, Violet, and Stanley Morgan)
Pakistan (Indy, Violet and Jack)
India/Nepal (Indy and Jack)
-And potentially anywhere between-

At my disposal I have a horse a few motorcycles a four wheel type vehicle and truck. We are exclusively filming only in the midwest of the united states, due to budgetary reasons.

You will be credited in the creative processes of writing the film!
I will divulge more of the plot-line if you wish, PM me.
Go ahead make a scene.

mrbender

WOW! I'm exited for this film! Sorry but I'm not a writer.

Can I see some of your other work so I can know what to expect from this film?

Insomniac

mrbender said:
WOW! I'm exited for this film! Sorry but I'm not a writer.

Can I see some of your other work so I can know what to expect from this film?
Errr.... At the moment we are filming a few test films and playing with equipment and what not, but you'll be first to know!

Jonesy

This is an action scene I threw together in a few minutes. Don't know if this fits at all with the characters and locations, but I tried my best. Enjoy.

SHOT 1
INDIANA JONES is seen unconscious, lying on some sort of platform. It jostles every few moments. His hat tumbles away, revealing his scraggly hair. One particularly violent thump cracks his eyes open. He wearily looks around. When he finally comes to, he shoots up and tries to figure out where he is.

SHOT 2
He sees a rather barren landscape form around him. Rough-hewn rock is interspersed with the occasional thicket of Indian forest. He?s in the back of a truck.

Violet: Look who decided to wake up?

Jack: It?s not like he missed much.

Indy: (Still terribly confused) Where are we?

He searches for his hat on the flatbed.

SHOT 3
JACK SHANNON is leaning up against a wall of the truck with VIOLET next to him. Both are clad in ragged clothes.

Jack: Somewhere south of Russia and north of the ocean. That?s our best guess.

Violet: How?s your head feeling?

Indy: My wha-?

He rubs his head only to strike a bump and yelp in pain, eyes bulging.

Violet: Much better, I see.

JONES sets his hat back on his head.

Indy: So now what do we do?

Violet: What happened to our fearless leader?

Indy: He got a concussion; I feel like pin cushion?

Jack: Well Tommy-boy up front hasn?t checked on us yet, so you might want to start pulling out the pins and get thinking.

JONES still ached all over, but crawled to the cab of the truck. He peers out over the roof.

SHOT 4
Two motorcycle-riding veterans are leading the truck through the wasteland. They?re ignorant of JONES. He sits back down and turns to JACK.

Indy: (to JACK) He?s got two boys on motorcycles up front.

Jack: And we have no weapons to speak of.

Violet: I could use my womanly charms?

Indy: A left-hook only works when you can reach the thug on the other end.

JONES is deep in thought. He shakes his head at a few ideas.

Jack: Any ideas?

Indy: (Impatiently) Gimme a minute!

He finally grins and leans over the flatbed, peering down at the motorcycles. He catches the rear-view mirror out of the corner of his eye and frowns. He drops back inside.

Indy: Jack, I?ll need your help.

Violet: What about me?

Indy: You get to make sure we don?t die.

JONES leans inward and describes his plan.

SHOT 5
The next shot shows the front of the truck, CHARLES and SAM in the cab. JONES crawls onto the roof, cautiously balancing. JACK is ready behind him. JONES turns back to JACK and gives him a thumbs-up, then swings his feet onto the windshield.
His dust-covered boot slams onto the hood, followed by his other foot. He runs toward the front edge, ready to leap onto one of the motorcycles. Just as he?s about to push off, his shoe lace catches the hood ornament. His face turns into a terrified look of regret.
He falls forward, hung by his foot, onto the grill. His gloved hand instinctively grips the grill and he fights to stay on.
He turns his head to see under the truck. His head is inches from the tire.
He grunts as he tries to pull himself up. It?s no use.

SHOT 6
JACK backs down off the roof as Charles leans out the passenger seat, Thompson submachine gun in hand. He rattles off several rounds into the hood. They spark off uselessly.
The two motorcycle thugs glance back nervously. They both try to draw their pistols. They drop back on opposite sides of the truck, both aiming their guns at Jones.
JONES squeezes his eyes shut in anticipation.
JACK leans over the driver?s side and kicks into the open window. SAM takes the brunt of his shoe across his face, slamming into the wheel.
The truck screeches back a few feet. The gunshots ring out.
The motorcyclist on Jack?s side grips his chest as blood stains his uniform. His motorcycle falls back.

SHOT 7
JACK grabs the handlebar as it rolls back. He sets one foot onto it, then the other.
He hops on, swerving for a frightening moment, before knocking the biker off.

He revs the engine and pulls up to the front of the truck.
JONES is overjoyed to see JACK pull around. He reaches for the back end of the bike desperately.
CHARLES aims his Thompson at the cyclist.

JONES looks up and unlatches the hood, throwing it into view of the cab. The truck sways nervously. Scuffling is heard in the cab.
JACK slows down and JONES grabs onto the bike with both hands. He tries to tug his foot off the ornament. It?s still stuck. CHARLES shoves the hood down, machine gun still primed.

VIOLET reaches around from the flatbed and pulls the gun from his hands.
She takes aim carefully and rattles gunfire into the hood, nicking the ornament and freeing JONES.
His legs flail helplessly onto the dirt, scraping and skidding along.
He climbs onto the bike and JACK pulls to VIOLET?S side of the truck.

SHOT 8
The second biker is still trying to avoid the shifting truck, while trying to fire at VIOLET. He misses the first shot.
JACK pulls alongside him. JONES clambers over to the biker?s vehicle. The biker tries to aim back at JONES. JONES grabs his hand and fires pointlessly into the air, the biker trying to knock him off.
The biker steers into the truck. Jones lets go of his hand, the pistol falling into the quickly passing earth. He grabs onto the flatbed and tries to compensate for the ramming.

JONES sets his free hand onto the biker?s helmet and slams it into the flatbed. He slumps onto the controls. JACK pushes him off.
JONES drops on and steers it steady. He motions to VIOLET. She holds onto the machine gun as she lowers onto the bike.
JONES drops back with JACK as they slow down. They both stop.

SHOT 9
JONES turns to VIOLET, just over his shoulder.

Indy: Take this bike and head back to Pakistan, catch a flight to Chicago and we?ll see you in a month.

Violet: (Somewhat offended) I think I?ve proven myself a worthy ally, Indy. Why can?t I come with?

Indy: I don?t want to be responsible for you if,? if?

Jack: We don?t stop them.

Indy: Exactly.

Violet: Fine. If that?s what you want.

She moves forward on the bike as JONES steps off. She tosses him the machine gun gruffly.

Violet: Catch you around, Jones. (She nods at JACK) Shannon.

JACK waves and JONES just watches her speed away.

Jack: C?mon, Henry. They?re getting away.

Indy: I?m getting tired of all this running, jumping, falling down business.

Jack: It?s your life, friend. Now let?s go!

They both hop onto JACK?s bike and speed after the truck.

Insomniac

PRETTY D@MN CLOSE TO GOLD!
I REALLY LOVED IT!!!

There may need to be some minor adjustments but, wow!
I'll get a copy over to the 'producer' for his input, but at the moment your scene looks like it will make it into the film!
sadly we've yet to finish the script, but filming will begin summer 2011.
Thank you for your contribution!

... and welcome to The Raven!

Insomniac

I loved the dialogue, the action, and the characters are spot on well I liked if not loved everything!

Last edited:

Jonesy

Thanks for the welcome and the praise.

I tried to make Jones ambitious and courageous, but not quite as lucky/experienced as he was by Raiders. Hence why he doesn't quite make the jump.

Keep me updated on the project. If you need any other writing done, let me know.

Last edited:

Insomniac

Jonesy said:
Thanks for the welcome and the praise.

I tried to make Jones ambitious and courageous, but not quite as lucky/experienced as he was by Raiders. Hence why he doesn't quite make the jump.

Keep me updated on the project. If you need any other writing done, let me know.
I liked that, it makes him human and young.

I'll surely keep you in the loop!
There may be a few writing opportunities, if you truly wish!

Yure

I'd like to see a scene that resembles the third trial of LC, only with a less high fall (maybe a snake or spikes in the bottom), Indy goes confident for the optic illusion and then falls :D

Jonesy

I loved the idea, Yure. So I threw this together. I realize it's more Iehovah than the leap of faith, but you'll see how it ties in.

SHOT 1
JONES steps around a subterranean, cave-like corridor. VIOLET is close behind. He?s carrying a torch.
Violet: What are we after again?
Jones: A key.
JONES moves the torch to the otherside of the hallway.
Violet: A key to what?
JONES stops and thinks hard for a few moments. He finally shakes his head.
Jones: I have no idea.

SHOT 2
JONES turns another corner and throws his arm up, blocking VIOLET. She?s taken aback.
Violet: Jones, this is no time to?
Jones: Look.
He points to the floor.

SHOT 3
Instead of the solid floor, it?s broken up into tiles. Each has a foreign letter emblazoned upon it.
Violet: What?s the big deal?
Jones: It?s a basic cipher; spell out the code or?
Violet: Or what?
Jones: (Laughing nervously) That?s the big question, isn?t it?
JONES presses the toe of his shoe onto the first, middle tile. Nothing happens.
Jones: Then again, sometimes they were just decoys.
JONES steps forward, putting all his weight on the stone.

SHOT 4
With a faint crunch, the tile disintegrates and he disappears into the darkness below. A scream trails off, followed by a smack.
VIOLET leans forward over the hole in horror.
Violet: INDY!?
She sees nothing in the darkness. There?s no sound. Suddenly, from the inky blackness, Jones lunges out. He slams his arms onto the solid rock and begins to pull himself out.
Violet: JONES!
JONES crawls to his feet and brushes off his legs.
Violet: Wha-? Are you-?
Jones: Or sometimes they cover up bottomless pits.
JONES pulls out his whip and cracks it onto a lantern over the middle of the letters.

SHOT 5
JONES swings to safety on the other side. He leaves the whip wrapped around the lantern and tosses the handle back to VIOLET.
Violet: Why would you have any faith in this lantern not tearing clean off the ceiling?
Jones: (Grinning widely) I?ll stick to luck, Violet.

Insomniac

Very cool, doesn't quiet fit with our script, me and the 'producer' really like your writing and what you've given us. I might have more opportunities for you. Maybe we'll give you some more information on our project. Very well done.