Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

tnswman

I agree folks....Patience!!

I ordered 2 sets from my friends that work the show. I will order more later as everyone gets theirs and the price drops. It will happen, I promise.

FETT1

tnswman said:
I agree folks....Patience!!

I ordered 2 sets from my friends that work the show. I will order more later as everyone gets theirs and the price drops. It will happen, I promise.

:D (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Billy Ray

According to Rebelscum...

Spy report update: the SDCC-exclusive "Revenge of the Jedi" Death Star set is sold out. A limited number have been held back to be sold online at HasbroToyShop.com on Tuesday morning.

Sounds like, even if they did sell out at SDCC, they probably held some back to sell on HTS. Though, from what it sounds like, the Indy set didn't even sell out...unless they sold a boatload today. I'd check for this set online Tuesday morning, even though they only specified the Star Wars set.

Fortunately, I seem to have secured a set through other means. Big thanks to my new best friend (you know who you are) :D

vf wing

It may depend on just how many are left over. My only previous experience is with the Cobra Commander from a few years back. I was only able to order one at a time, but was still allowed to get the four I wanted. I had to pay full shipping on each tho...:(

Henry W Jones said:
^ Was it official or a random site? I can't find anything at Hasbrotoyshop.com for Indy.

GalacticHunter.com confirmed that Hasbro will have the Star Wars Revenge Death Star Sets on Tuesday, and assume the Indy sets also will be available.

Lance Quazar

Unfortunately, my camera isn't working at the moment.

And I am NO expert. For years I have heard people on various toy forums talk about how "excellent sculpts" were ruined by crappy paint apps or how great paint apps enhanced a lousy sculpt.

To me, it's an impenetrable discussion that is beyond my area of expertise.

But, in my uneducated, entirely subjective opinion, in doing a side-by-side comparision, I believe that the "Ultimate Indy" figure in the SDCC set does, while very similar to it, is in fact a distinct head from the Temple of Doom version.

Then again, it could very well be just because the paint apps are markedly different. There are many structural similarities and, as I said, I am nobody's expert!!

michael

Lance Quazar said:
Unfortunately, my camera isn't working at the moment.

And I am NO expert. For years I have heard people on various toy forums talk about how "excellent sculpts" were ruined by crappy paint apps or how great paint apps enhanced a lousy sculpt.

To me, it's an impenetrable discussion that is beyond my area of expertise.

But, in my uneducated, entirely subjective opinion, in doing a side-by-side comparision, I believe that the "Ultimate Indy" figure in the SDCC set does, while very similar to it, is in fact a distinct head from the Temple of Doom version.

Then again, it could very well be just because the paint apps are markedly different. There are many structural similarities and, as I said, I am nobody's expert!!

Nah, it's got to be the ToD sculpt. Saved them some money using it, plus they probably heard all of the positive feedback from the sculpt and how the ToD Indy was top of the notch. Took 'em a few waves, but they got it.

I don't even consider it cutting corners (if that's what you all think they are doing) because they really did nail it with the ToD Indy. It looks great on a traditional Indy w/jacket figure.

Billy Ray

Looking at pics of the two, the hat, at least, really looks different to me. They are definitely close, maybe, like you said, it is the paint apps that make them appear slightly different.

vf wing

I want to believe "proffreading" was intentional :p

I'm hoping a link gets posted here when this wave hits the site. Nonetheless, I'm checking it pretty frequently myself and will do same!

Montana Smith

What was the price of these sets at SDCC?

I don't have much confidence now that these will find their way to UK retailers, and Hasbrotoyshop don't send to Europe.

bonoferox

Montana Smith said:
What was the price of these sets at SDCC?

I don't have much confidence now that these will find their way to UK retailers, and Hasbrotoyshop don't send to Europe.

$64.99

Got word this morning that my contact was able to get a set for me.