The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

sandiegojones

According to the director's blog the trailer for this will be out in May and the reception has been warm to what he's shown people so far. I have hope for this since Vic Armstrong was heavily involved as stunt coordinator and the writers are good.

Hope this is a fun one too! It'll be a good summer for history/action film buffs!

kongisking

sandiegojones said:
According to the director's blog the trailer for this will be out in May and the reception has been warm to what he's shown people so far. I have hope for this since Vic Armstrong was heavily involved as stunt coordinator and the writers are good.

Hope this is a fun one too! It'll be a good summer for history/action film buffs!

I share your optimism! (y)

Michael24

I don't know the production timeline, but perhaps the ball was simply rolling on The Mummy 3 a bit earlier and Vic Armstrong signed on before things really got rolling on KOTCS?

sandiegojones

Michael24 said:
I don't know the production timeline, but perhaps the ball was simply rolling on The Mummy 3 a bit earlier and Vic Armstrong signed on before things really got rolling on KOTCS?
That's what happened!

Michael24

I figured that's what it was. And besides, it should ensure that Tomb of the Dragon Emperor has some great stuntwork. :)

-Jones-

"MTV News got to chat with Bello, who revealed that this is just the beginning. Apparently, Universal Pictures is planning three more "Mummy" movies and Bello has already signed on for the trilogy of sequels. "I don't know when, but it's going," she said. "[There will] absolutely be 'The Mummy 4.'" "

kongisking

-Jones- said:
"MTV News got to chat with Bello, who revealed that this is just the beginning. Apparently, Universal Pictures is planning three more "Mummy" movies and Bello has already signed on for the trilogy of sequels. "I don't know when, but it's going," she said. "[There will] absolutely be 'The Mummy 4.'" "

I couldn't be happier...YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Indy4fan

-Jones- said:
A sad day... :( (n) :mad:

Michael24

Yeah, how sad that somebody will make a movie you can easily avoid because you have no interest in.

If this new one is any good (and I suspect it will be), I say bring on more. (y)

DiscoLad

The Mummy

Will the Mummy 3 movie coming out be even close to Indy or will it be a bust that will gain the series no ground. I could be wrong...anyone think it's gonna be better?:confused:

Crusade>Raiders

It looks like more of the same I'd expect from the Mummy. Great action set-pieces, lots of special effects, crappy acting and corny writing, Fraser complaining about how he hates mummies, no more Rachael Weiz :(

It shouldn't come anywhere close to sniffing the original trilogy's greatness, but it should be comparable with Kingdom(even though I don't think its gonna be better than Kingdom).

PloKoon

Meh, I think it's funny how people could compare any movie with Brenden Frasier to any movie with Harrison Ford. Don't get me wrong, I love the Mummy, simply love em', but they're characters are dispensable and I don't care if that chick goes or not, see? I love the movie but don't even remember her name. I think in movies like that, it's the director that gets all the brownie points while the actors stay behind the seats. Except Brenden, he's sick, I'd totally invite him to my BBQ.

:whip:

Insomniac

I'm very sad that Rachel Weiss is not returning as eve.:( The reason for this is the third movie is supposed to take place when Alex O Connel is eighteen years old (about 6-8 years later) Rachel Wiess doesn't want to act like a mother of an eighteen year old.

Rachel Wiess in my ind looks the same as she did in the first movie so does Brendan Fraiser and, John Hannah.

Spoiler Below:

Three Headed Dragon
Yeti
Mummy that has controls over the five elements
Thousands of terra cotta warriors
Undead Army

Sounds great even thou we don't have Rachel Wiess!!!(y)

The Man

Isn't Mario Bello in this new movie?

340x.jpg

Ooh, Mummy, you so yummy!

|ZiR|

Eh, I see it doing no worse (or better) than KotCS. As much as I enjoyed the first two films though, I have to say I'm not thrilled about this one. Chinese mummies have the potential to be interesting but I strongly dislike their choice in recasting Maria Bello and Luke Ford as Evy and Alex O'Connell.

Also, the buzz at IMDB from preview screenings is mostly negative. I believe I'll wait for the DVD this time around.

Insomniac said:
The reason for this is the third movie is supposed to take place when Alex O Connel is eighteen years old (about 6-8 years later) Rachel Wiess doesn't want to act like a mother of an eighteen year old.

WHAT? That's the reason she didn't come back? Because she doesn't want to play the role of an older character and therefore be perceived as "old"?

Wow.

Crusade>Raiders

yeah, from the trailers I've seen Brendon doesn't look much older than Returns.

This is going be a lot of goofy fun, from what I can tell. 3-headed dragons AND yetis? Got my money.

The Man: Yeah, Mario Bello is Eve now. Thats cool, but I still miss Rachael ;_;