The Dark Knight Rises

TheMutt92

Misdirection on Nolan's part? Like father like daughter?

http://screenrant.com/cotillard-gordon-levitt-dark-knight-rises-cast-rob-111528/

When Cotillard was first rumored for The Dark Knight Rises, many fans speculated that the actress was being sought to play Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra?s al Ghul (Liam Neeson in Batman Begins) who is both a foe and love interest of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Talia also has ties to the villain Bane (played by Tom Hardy), which has only furthered speculation that Talia would be a logical addition to TDKR.

So does this casting announcement kill the idea that Talia is in the film? Not in our book. Nolan is a master of misdirection, and Talia?s own father presented himself as a seeming benefactor of Bruce Wayne (remember ?Henry Ducard??), so it?s not inconceivable that daughter could follow suit?thereby throwing any over-anxious fans (like us) off the scent.

Either way, I'm happy w/ the direction the film seems to be taking. As much as I love Batman Begins and prefer it to The Dark Knight, TDKR was almost starting to feel too much like BB. Rumors of Falcones and Al Ghuls, etc. So its nice to see that this film will harken back to what has come before, while still focusing on its own story and characters.

TheMutt92

Only Bale to act in India sequences...

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-details-india-shoot-robf-112932/

Nolan had come down to India in December to scout for locations in Jodhpur. That was when he chose to shoot in Jodhpur?s Mehrangar Fort. The main crew will start arriving from May 1. Christian Bale is expected to arrive in India on May 4 or May 5. Though permissions have been sought for shooting the film for the whole of May, the unit will shoot in India for only two days ? May 6 and May 7.

Incidentally, hotels in Jaipur and Jodhpur have been booked for the crew. Says a source, ?Nolan had scouted locations in both Jodhpur and Jaipur. But, he fell in love with Jodhpur and decided to return to film here. They are coming with a very small unit of around 15 people and will be shooting here for two days. There are no Bollywood actors being cast in the movie. But, local actors and crew members might be roped in. The unit wants to use the beautiful fort as the background for the movie. However, nothing is known yet whether Jodhpur will feature as an Indian city in the movie or not.?

WillKill4Food

kongisking said:
Lazarus Pits? So...I was right after all?
Doubtful. I don't believe it's real. The Lazarus Pits do not sound like they would fit into Nolan's story, and Ra's appears in a flashback scene, I think.

The Man

First official character piccie. Guess who...

Spg4V.jpg

High(er) resolution here...

The Man

kongisking said:
I think Nolan's Bane looks perfect. Very film-noirish picture there. Now I just need a pic of Catwoman...:)

It's a cracking appetizer. That back! The feline should take her bow soon. Wonder when we'll get a teaser trailer? Christmas?

EDIT: Hathaway hits London...

The Man

Dr.Sartorius said:
I'm glad they didn't decide to go mask-less for Bane. Looks great.

...and the steroid speculation begins...

There?s been a lot of talk about whether Nolan would include venom in his ?grittier and more realistic? version of Bane, but this headpiece, when examined up close, certainly lends credit to that theory.

Those ?skeleton fingers? tubes on the front of the mask could certainly play a part in this theory ? say, if in the movie Bane?s venom was ingested through inhalation, rather than injection like in the comics. In that sense, the skeleton finger tubes would function sort of like inhalers, would provide this mask with specific functional purpose for its macabre design.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Has anyone ran that through photoshop to findout what that cat's eye thingy is? There are multiple layers to that photo.

TheMutt92

Three more joining TDKR...

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-cast-revealed-matthew-modine-tom-conti-joey-king/

When Warner Bros. released a press release featuring the cast of Christopher Nolan?s currently in production The Dark Knight Rises, we were all disappointed that no new names were included. Well just a day later, on the day that we?ve seen our first image from the film, three new cast members have emerged. According to Variety accomplished actor Matthew Modine, best known for playing the lead role in Stanley Kubrick?s Full Metal Jacket and Tom Conti, an Oscar-nominee for his role in the 1983 film Reuben, Reuben, who was recently seen in The Tempest, have both joined the film. In addition Joey King, an 11-year-old actress who starred in Ramona and Beezus as well as Battle: Los Angeles, has been cast. Of course, there?s no word on who each will be playing except that Modine?s character name is ?Nixon.?

The irony of the actor who played Private Joker in Full Metal Jacket appearing in a Batman film... :p