The next Indygirl

I

Indy's_main_man

Here are my choices in no particular order:

Rene Zellwigger

Angelina Jolie

Catherine Zeta Jones

Sandra Bullock

I know Madonna's (or esther as she perfers to be called now) acting mucles haven't been flexed since Evita but Since she's the same age as Ford (give or take) and she can play the "prissy diva in the jungle for the first time" angle.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's_main_man said:
I know Madonna's (or esther as she perfers to be called now) acting mucles haven't been flexed since Evita but Since she's the same age as Ford (give or take) and she can play the "prissy diva in the jungle for the first time" angle.

Well?I don't really have an actress in mind, but it be nice if they wouldn't do the "prissy diva in the jungle for the first time" routine again. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. but it's been done before in Temple.

Finn

Staff member
Indy IV's girl will not be an A class star. The earlier Indy girls have been nothing like that, and Spielberg, Lucas & Co seem to have at least some kind of trust to more or less neverheards.

Now, not to stir this up anymore... but the cast list not being full of stars can also serve the purpose of the thing this one fellow dared to claim in that certain other thread, to keep it the sheet in complete secrecy but yet ready to announce any time wanted.

Then there is of course the counter-argument which tells us that they may have some stars after all... and that's because the SW prequels' main roles weren't unknowns... if it bears any relativeness.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
Then there is of course the counter-argument which tells us that they may have some stars after all... and that's because the SW prequels' main roles weren't unknowns... if it bears any relativeness.

Well, I'm not sure if we should compare the SW prequels with a possible Indy 4?. But I agree that they'll most likely go for an unknown, or at least not-so-famous actress.
But then again... you never know.

Luckylighter

Well, I don't think we are going to see some young ingenue, like Alison Doody in Last Crusade. It might be too hard for audiences to swallow seeing a 60+ Ford with a 19 or 20 year old hottie. Although, it might be funny to see him in the same situation his father was in with Elsa in Last Crusade; "Ships that pass in the night," and all.

Not to color code women--I'm not sexist, please believe me-- but I'd like to see a redhead this time around. Someone who is his equal; a Sophia Hapgood type. Someone who can be tough and rowdy like Marion, with the booksmarts of Elsa, and the glamour of Willie. I'm picturing a Faith Hill with red hair...and I'm kinda digging it.

Or, they could go with a Latina, like Salma Hayek or Eva Mendes, who was great in "Once Upon A Time In Mexixo."

I really liked the actress who played Eowyn in "Lord of the Rings", she has a tough attractivenes about her.

Indyologist

Indy's_main_man said:

Kate Capshaw already did the "prissy in the jungle" ala TOD.

bob

Hmmmm

I'm not that anxious for there to be an Indy Girl in this one unless it actually has some sort of meaningful plot point to it or some actual consequences....
There seems to be a lot to do in this film and a lot of problems without worrying about an Indy-Girl and I think that Indy can mature beyond that James Bond formula to a certain extent

grumpus

carrie fisher, hmm i never thought about that, i acutally like the sound of that, i think she is great. i dont really have any ideas myself, but im still thinking

Strider

Luckylighter said:
I really liked the actress who played Eowyn in "Lord of the Rings", she has a tough attractivenes about her. [/B]

The actresses name is Miranda Otto. I also think she would make a pretty good Indy girl.

Webley

grumpus said:
carrie fisher, hmm i never thought about that, i acutally like the sound of that,
Thay had some goddarn good chemistry in StarWars and made one heck of a team!
Way not do the same in an Indy flick.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I am all for a Julienne Moore

julianne_moore.jpg

Last edited:
I

Indy's_main_man

Never considered her...she'd be pretty good.

What about Gillian Anderson from the X-files. I think she'd be good for the part, too.

Joe Brody

I respect Julianne Moore as an actress but I think she's gotten a bit too much work recently. . . . if she were cast I'd expect that she'd have to do something to alter her appearance/look like [jokingly] reverting to the haugty raven-haired persona that she had in 'The Big Lebowski' (which I love). I say that jokingly but she's talented enough to alter her persona

I think someone pointed this out that casting an unknown female lead saves $$$ and I'd assume that this tradition will continue if there's an Indy IV. . . .and while I understand bob's point I think there has to be a female if for no other reason than to stick on the poster to attract guys.

If I had my pick of the older established actresses, it would be Jody Foster (she's top draw all around) or Catherine Zeta Jones (she has a presence that allows her to play off a against an older man and she's a little mysterious) . . . . and if I was picking from the next lower shelf of up-and-coming talen (but shsort of a teen star) I'd go with Naomi Watts. . . . and don't ask me to pick a young thing because there's too many to count these days.

Strider

I see alot of people are going for this "redhead" idea. I like it! It would be an interesting decision.

Raffey

For some reason I wouldn't mind see Drew Barrymore... but not that Charlies Angels BS!

She's a bankable actress...plus, she got that goddaughter link to Speilberg.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Drew hmmmm...lemme think. Not as a co-lead, but perhaps a wayward student....

013.jpg

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
She won't be a complete unknown. Perhaps someone we've seen in TV series, but hasn't done it to the big screen yet.

I don't know. Just a hunch. But I'm pretty sure they're not having an A class star.

QueZTone

indeed, they don't want the screen to be stolen from Indy/Ford.. :)

I like the Sophia Hapgood idea, i'd like them to introduce her!

I

Indy's_main_man

Finn said:
She won't be a complete unknown. Perhaps someone we've seen in TV series, but hasn't done it to the big screen yet.

Gillian Anderson! She's a red head. She has a cult following from the X-files. She can do the action thing. And she was voted sexiest women alive in 96...or was it 97?