Mysterious Writer

Katarn07

Why won't Marshall say whose penning the screenplay? There's something up with that news but can only guess as to what it is.

What do you all think of that news? Good news for all you who dislike Lucas since it clearly states he will not be doing the screenplay ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
The "last third" of a screenplay is the most troublesome to most screenwriters. It is about 40 pages of writing which has to quicken in pace, and yet tie up all of the unresolved conflicts that the first 80 pages presents to the audience.

There are good writers who can present a story well, and progress the story through rising conflict often reach a block at page 90 or so. It's regular as clockwork. My current screenplay is having the same trouble.

I can't wait to hear who the writer is, and how it will be resolved...

Joe Brody

Marshall's a straight-shooter and, as I've said before, the guy to watch for signs the pre-production is really heating up (and not the big three).

Joe Brody in the "Spielberg Next two films not Indy 4" Thread said:
What is Frank Marshal's (& Kennedy's) schedule. I think he's busy through summer/fall -- but if I was looking for signs that Indy IV was a 'go' that's the schedule that I'd be watching.

Hopefully, for the next year news will keep on leaking out about the status of the story and scheduling -- but if everything is quiet through the winter and come spring Marshall & Kennedy are kicking back in Telluride sipping fine wine instead of buried in pre-pro, then we've got problems.

Finn

Staff member
Ren mentioned Kasdan... it was a good shot. Why to change the old regular?

bob

Hmmmm

Can't they throw us something a little more substantial?
We have been recieving the same insubstantial rumours for almost a decade now

Katarn07

Renderking Fisk said:
How many years have I been pushing Kasdan? Name me one fan who doesn't think he wouldn't do a good job. I'm only asking for one.

*waits for AJ to come along to **** Ren off*

:p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Marshall's a straight-shooter and, as I've said before, the guy to watch for signs the pre-production is really heating up (and not the big three).

Hopefully, for the next year news will keep on leaking out about the status of the story and scheduling -- but if everything is quiet through the winter and come spring Marshall & Kennedy are kicking back in Telluride sipping fine wine instead of buried in pre-pro, then we've got problems.

*thinks to himself, how did Brody know I lived in Colorado for a time, and more importantly, how did he know of my love for fine wine?

*leaves the computer to go work on the last third.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Pale Horse said:
*thinks to himself, how did Brody know I lived in Colorado for a time, and more importantly, how did he know of my love for fine wine?

*leaves the computer to go work on the last third.
Pale, I have an idea about that last part we've been struggling with...think death of a main character...give me a phone call and we'll go over it.;)

whipem

In a strange twist of faith, AntiJones writes the script, in which Indy searches for a lost vial of prune juice, and has to backtrack to find his dentures. The Indy girl is a randomly-picked woman from a nursing home who keeps forgetting her lines...

The horror, the horror! =:O

Andy Jones

It's probably the guy who did Episode 2 & 3 with Lucas. Can't remember his name right now but he also did several episodes of the Young Indy series.

Junior Jones

That would be Jonathan Hales.

I really like his Young Indy episodes.

I'm not so sure about his work on Star Wars II and III, however. I wonder how "co-" his writing with George is.

ROTLA

I would be all for Kasdan as the writer for Indy IV. I consider ROTLA to be a perfect movie all around. Great acting, fantastic setting, etc. And where does all that stem from? Amazing writing. You can have tons of great parts, but if the writing is poor you will wind up with a bad movie. Sure, a good script which is poorly acted can also make a bad movie, but there's a better chance it will be rated as at least OK. I have seen several Kevin Costner movies which are, at worst, OK, and he's not really that great of an actor. However, he has worked with some great scripts. OK, I'm going off on a tangent here - back to the point...

Kasdan would be a great choice (IMO). He's very familiar with the character and the series. He has also proven he is more than capable of doing justice to an Indy script.