Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #351
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
...but could be a strong contender for post-Harrison flicks before Dr. Jones gets booted back to pre-school.

You still haven't learned how to spell 'Iain', but Mr. Glen would certainly make a wonderful choice.

And if not Dr. Jones, there's an excellent candidate for Allan Quatermain.

Skewing younger, there's the most recent Mr. Darcy; otherwise known as Mathew Macfayden.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #352
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Túrin Turambar
Hugh Jackman ? no chance. I would much prefer them to give that anthony kid on you tube a chance, he really looks like young ford and as all the expressions.

Can you elaborate? Who are you referring to?
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #353
Mickiana
IndyFan

He's talking about Anthony Ingruber, who does impersonations including some impressive Ford ones. He happens to look 'Fordish'. That could be a new term to be used by the Ford Fetishists, aka 'Fetishtas', itself a derivative of 'Fascista'.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #354
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
He's talking about Anthony Ingruber, who does impersonations including some impressive Ford ones. He happens to look 'Fordish'. That could be a new term to be used by the Ford Fetishists, aka 'Fetishtas', itself a derivative of 'Fascista'.

Okay then. I was spooked for a second. Anyone who knows what I do on YouTube will understand...
Old 09-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #355
Mickiana
IndyFan

He might mean you. If Anthony is your name...then you could be an Indiana Jones!

I'm sure he is referring to Mr Ingruber.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #356
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana

I like that.

However, our glorious leader needs to work on his Party Salute. The two fisted thing isn't really capturing the imagination of the people.

I think Ford should give everyone the finger instead.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #357
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I like that.

However, our glorious leader needs to work on his Party Salute. The two fisted thing isn't really capturing the imagination of the people.

I think Ford should give everyone the finger instead.

Like this?
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #358
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
Like this?

Ah, but real men only need to use one finger.

In some quarters a single finger is regarded as being more presidential.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #359
Phlip
IndyFan

Orlando Bloom?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #360
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

A bird in the hand is worth more than a Bush?
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #361
Spurlock
IndyFan

Sam Worthington. He's not crazy big, just like Harrison was when he got the part, though he had done some noticeable projects (Star Wars, and in Worthington's case, Avatar).
Spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #362
Túrin Turambar

give that Anthony Ingruber a chance looks lik a young ford
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #363
punisher5150
IndyFan

Anthony Ingruber

Quote:
give that Anthony Ingruber a chance looks lik a young ford

I agree 100%. I watched those youtube videos and he even pulls off the mannerisms. Plus I think he's done something for Disney already. (Although I am still a bit confused on the whole Disney/Paramount thing)
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #364
Spurlock
IndyFan

I don't like Anthony Ingruber, he's just imitating Harrison Ford. That's not what Indiana Jones is, that's Harrison Ford's interoperation of him.

Plus I doubt he'd be able to simply imitate another actor's every move for an entire movie for 2 reasons: 1) he's copying what Ford has already said and acted, so he can study his specific actions, not his personal technique and 2)it'd be exhausting training to be another actor.

I say a new Indy can have his differences from Ford, but he just has to be the same Indy.

Not even going to consider Sam Worthington?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #365
punisher5150
IndyFan

Sam Worthington

I just don't think he's the type. Although I do hear he's up for a sci-fi version of Allan Quatermain. That I am very interested in.

I still think they should let Young Indy himself, Sean Patrick Flannery, have a go. He brought his own to the character up to the 1920s or so. But he's 47 now. He could probably play a mid thirties version.

To keep this fresh (I dont think this has been posted before....)
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opi...-next-indy.php

I must say, I only see one actor on there who might me good and that is the guy from Firefly.
punisher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #366
RKORadio

Sean Patrick Flannery is a walking bloodclot.
RKORadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #367
Mickiana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKORadio

Can you elaborate, please? Does he have a medical condition?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #368
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKORadio

He wasn't that bad.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #369
Túrin Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
He wasn't that bad.

yeah he was just nothing like Harrisons indy, nothing similer very soft too not a tough character like harry played it.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #370
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlock
I don't like Anthony Ingruber, he's just imitating Harrison Ford. That's not what Indiana Jones is, that's Harrison Ford's interoperation of him.

Plus I doubt he'd be able to simply imitate another actor's every move for an entire movie for 2 reasons: 1) he's copying what Ford has already said and acted, so he can study his specific actions, not his personal technique and 2)it'd be exhausting training to be another actor.

I say a new Indy can have his differences from Ford, but he just has to be the same Indy.

Not even going to consider Sam Worthington?

I agree. What's the damn point of rebooting the character with a new actor if you don't let the newbie do his own unique take (sure, a few quirks and such from the original could be retained, but otherwise let the actor do his job and act, not copy)? In that case, just flippin' create a CGI Harrison and let the animators perfectly replicate Ford's every tic and mannerism (impossible, by the way).

It annoys me that people seem to think that when they recreate a classic timeless character, they should carbon-copy the original portrayal. Where's the originality in that? The innovation? I thought a major criticism of modern Hollywood was the lack of creativity and change with properties. Don't these folks realize that if there was more risk-taking and creativity with established properties, all these rebootquels coming out wouldn't seem so tedious or redundant? They'd be original, unique takes on a classic idea, and maybe even breathe new life into it.

But my argument is likely falling on uncaring ears. This is a Ford fetish site, after all...

P.S. And Spurlock, I wouldn't be opposed to Worthington as long as he finally mastered covering up his Aussie accent and was given more humor to work with. Poor guy keeps getting put in angsty blockbuster roles that don't allow him to show much wit or likability, which is essential for Indy. Unless if they were deliberately going for a darker, more brooding Dr. Jones, which, again, is at least more intriguing than trying (and failing) to perfectly mimic Ford's Indy (see my point above).
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #371
Túrin Turambar

the new indy actor will be a unknown actor im pretty sure the guy isnt known now, and the reboot wont happen till harrison dies and i hope that wont happen for a long time.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #372
Spurlock
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
P.S. And Spurlock, I wouldn't be opposed to Worthington as long as he finally mastered covering up his Aussie accent and was given more humor to work with. Poor guy keeps getting put in angsty blockbuster roles that don't allow him to show much wit or likability, which is essential for Indy. Unless if they were deliberately going for a darker, more brooding Dr. Jones, which, again, is at least more intriguing than trying (and failing) to perfectly mimic Ford's Indy (see my point above).

Yeah, he did have a more light hearted, humorous mood in the beginning or Avatar. I feel like he suppresses it to play a role. Plus I feel like his seriousness could feed into humor, like how a fear of snakes would alter his tone.

For his accent, while covering it up may be important, lets not forget that Indiana Jones is a world traveller, picking up an accent isn't the craziest thing to happen to him. That being said, I don't want crocodile dundee as Indy either, but I wouldn't mind a hint of one.

Too bad he'll be wrapped up in making the next 3 avatar films back to back.

I also like the idea of Ewan McGregor, and not just because Obi Wan was my favorite Jedi.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #373
Túrin Turambar

the only actor i can think of is Anthony ingruber the kid is a very good actor and he is the picture image of a young ford reminds me of river too i say give him a chance he could maybe do it justice

Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #374
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
the only actor i can think of is Anthony ingruber the kid is a very good actor and he is the picture image of a young ford reminds me of river too i say give him a chance he could maybe do it justice

Again, see my argument above.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #375
Mickiana
IndyFan

I am very amenable to a young actor becoming a new Indiana Jones and don't believe he has to be precisely like Harrison Ford. Though, Harrison has created an expectation amongst audiences of what IJ is like, since he played him first and foremost. So, while I don't expect a carbon copy, I don't think a suggestion of someone like Anthony Ingruber is without merit. The fact that he looks like HF and can mimic him somewhat is amusing and isn't a bad thing in and of itself. But whether he could get anywhere near a role of that caliber is another thing. Looking like and acting like HF may not be the main prerequisites that future selectors would be looking for.