character returns

Udvarnoky

Well, because they felt the need to give Indy a son and have him marry Marion in Indy4, I think those two characters should have cameo appearances in the film's beginning and maybe end (for the real torch pass).

Other than that, yes, I'd very much like them to go with a fresh cast like they usd to. A Sallah cameo is acceptable, however.

Dewy9

I'd like for Mutt and Marion to tag along, perhaps in a more secondary role than in KotCS. And let's throw in Sallah and Charles Stanforth (maybe, like Marcus, let him join Indy this time) for old time's sake.

aJakeinthePlane

I agree that sallah would be the only acceptable return. Hwever Jonathan Davies lost all that weight so it might be a little strange.

Zorg

Well, Marion and Mutt have to be included, or at least mentioned. I'm pretty sure that if Indy V happens (which I hope it does), we'll see both of them. Maybe one of them could have a larger role, but I really don't want another adventure where the whole family is involved. KOTCS was too crowded.

But I agree with you guys, it'd be great if Sallah made an appearance along the way.

Lance Quazar

aJakeinthePlane said:
After seeing him in the special features Im not so sure. It might ruin the appeal of the character to have a Lanky Man version of short round running around.

The fact that Short Round was not in the pews during the wedding sequence is absolutely criminal and completely unforgivable.

As much as I enjoyed the character, as much as I cherish "Temple of Doom" and loathe "Crystal Skull", I admit that having Indy's surrogate son (who is now an adult) tag along on another adventure when he now has an actual son would definitely seem...odd.

Maybe Shorty could have a cameo as an archaeology grad student or expert in Chinese mythology or something who gives Indy a clue and helps set him off on his adventure. But I don't think an extended appearance would work.

Kevin

Stoo said:
Apart from Indy? NONE.

Agreed, let Indy be on his own. Or better yet, stop re-using old characters and come up with new characters of the same calibre as the old.

DoomTown

EyesofMara said:
Would it be weird if Elsa made a return? :eek:

Yes, being that she's dead.;)

I also think no more "returns" from other characters, there are so many possibilities in the world of Indiana Jones, that there should ALWAYs be new ones...

Goonie

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jock or Captain Katanga. And it would be interesting to see a grown-up Short Round.

Charlie Green

Goonie said:
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jock or Captain Katanga. And it would be interesting to see a grown-up Short Round.

I think that he and Sallah would of been good at the wedding ? :cool:

For Indy V I would like to see:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Perhaps Mutt

For the quest I think that a Chinese artefact or a famous myth, I will leave that bit for the script writers.

I always thought that the next Mc Guffin should be original, and not already established in any folklore.

My Indy V script the item up for grabs is understood differently by everyone, going all the way back to the ark being misunderstood as a transmitter.

Some people see it as a time machine, some as a crystal ball, some as the fountain of youth, but ultimately it's a tool where your questions are answered...sort of like a palantir where, say for instance, Mutt has questions for or about Henry Sr. Well like in Click, he becomes a witness to the real life events and moments that answer his question. Not just gazing at but experiencing the sights and sounds, he can manipulate things to inspect them but it doesn't affect events.

This provides the perspective for him regarding his character arc. Keying off the Skull comments about going back to school and fixing cycles for the rest of his life...he becomes obsessed with fortune, and then glory...it's over the course of the film that he comes to understand balance and his family...where he comes from.

So after all that it opens up the opportunity for Henry Sr to return, Marcus, (through archival film and body doubles...etc), the possibilities are endless.

Imagine seeing Marcus, (his double) walking off in the distance...lost in his own museum!

:dead: