How did Marcus die?

IAdventurer01

I just want to see some opinions here. Since obviously Marcus probably will not be in Indy IV, how in the Indy timeline do you think that Marcus dies?

Katarn07

Natural causes would be logical I suppose. I always thought for Indy 4, we should see the museum and there would be a curator, but there was a tribute to Marcus somewhere that Indy could be looking at.

Finn

Staff member
Marcus' fate will remain a mystery 'til the end of our days. One day he just lost in his museum, and was never seen again.

whipem

Maybe after the Holy Grail adventure, he moved to Florida to avoid getting caught up in another adventure with Indy?

I

Indy's_main_man

Maybe he moved to Florida because he was getting old and that's what Old peple do

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
Marcus' fate will remain a mystery 'til the end of our days. One day he just lost in his museum, and was never seen again.
However, there is a recent, but unclear how it got there, addition to the mummy display.

HovitosKing

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Marcus Brody

After his involvement in Indy's quest for the Holy Grail revived his thirst for adventure, Marcus decided to reactivate his retired "agent" status with MI6.

Posing as a blackmarket purchaser of rare antiquities under the codename "Fishwater", Brody infiltrated Nazi Germany and successfully transmitted priceless information back to headquarters regarding enemy strength and positioning during WWII.

His last transmission came on the eve of the D-Day invasion, but Brody was never recovered and his current agent status is MIA, presumed dead.

bob

With any luck he died in circumstances that caused Indy to blame himself and lose all confidence..... leaving a good setup for Indy IV.

westford

Indy IV will start with Indy, Henry and Sallah (plus their horses) looking for Marcus, who, as it turned out, didn't know the way. In fact, the title will be "Indiana Jones and the search for Brody"

Finn

Staff member
More like...

Saving Curator Brody
Chasing Brody
Raiders of the Lost Brody
The Brody Connection
Back to the Brody

NJ Dr. Jones78

He went back to the cliff where he thought Indy fell off to try and figure out how he didn't die and a big gust of wind came and well you know what happens next.

Johan

what if he died after he finished writing "My adventures with Indiana JOnes"
-There's a good one for you fan fiction writers.
Brody's journals!

Joe Brody

bob said:
With any luck he died in circumstances that caused Indy to blame himself and lose all confidence..... leaving a good setup for Indy IV.

Excellent. Can we try to come up with a short list? Could it be something as simple and random as while on a dig Indy miscalculates the strength of some supports and Marcus dies in a cave-in (shades of Treasure of Sierra Madre). . . . or would it be something more complex and interwined with the main story -- like Indy leaving a relic with Marcus that Indy knows is being sought after (think Maltese Falcon) by bad-guys and Marcus is murdered and the object taken.

I

Indy's_main_man

Night of the living Brody

Brody returns: with a vengence

Brody goes to washington

The Brody family reunion

Dr Strangebrody: or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Marcus

From Marcus to Brody

The Brody supremacy

The Brodiator