Indy IV shooting in august?

wolfgang

well, here is piece of new i don't know if I should believe, but check it out indy fans:

Aaron sent this in:

Aaron here from TIE.c: I got an interesting email today, an anonyms contributor with sources (accurate ones), who says that the Indy IV production is to begin in August, and to expect a full press release from Lucasfilm around that time. (Full story at: http://www.theindyexperience.com/index.shtml#production_date) Keep in mind, this is strictly a rumor, but my contributor has predicted two other events dead on (script announcement and DVD announcement), so chances are good that this one will be right as well.

DrJones56

IndyFan
If you think about it, it make sense, Ford has cleared his schedual totally so he can focus on Indy IV, he also said on the MSN chat that Indy IV was coming in 2004, though that's not what I'm relying on. I fee confident that we'll see some action this year for sure.

Granted, for right now it's a rumor, but if it does come into play, it will make 2003-2004 one heck of a year!

Here's hoping for the best! :D

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
2004 is too early, I would bet on 2005 right after Episode III comes out.

This fall would make sense and would coenside with my sources...a few of whom I believe have sent you stuff Aaron.:)

indydude

Aaron H is right, it would probably be 2005 before it comes out, but it could begin shooting in August, they finished the script.

If Spielberg is done Terminal, and its gone through its finishing phases, then maybe this holds water. Spielberfg takes the summer off, then kicks it up near the end to shoot in August. Harry Ford is clear. Lucas is pretty busy with Ep. III BUT he didn't actually stick to close to filming with the original. I don't think Lucas's schedule is really at stake.

The question is though, IS Terminal finished?? Only then will we know whether the POSSIBILITY is high for an August shoot.

But man I'd love to see it next year........

DrJones56

IndyFan
indydude said:
Aaron H is right, it would probably be 2005 before it comes out, but it could begin shooting in August, they finished the script.

Another sign of misscommication!

It's happening a lot amount the Big Three, we can really only trust Spielberg, since he is heading the entire project. Information form the rest could be flaud or not accurate. Time will tell... :)

wolfgang

Hehe, Aaron, that sounds familiar (though it did when last you said it). by the way, I totally agree with indydude, it MIGHT start shooting on august but it will be release on summer 2005. I think its best that way too.

Indy Smith

Spielberg? Take the summer off? I don't think Spielberg has much time to take off. he's too busy. It takes a lot of time to prep a movie. More than likely terminal will come out in 2004 with Indy IV out in 2005.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Aaron H said:
Some BIG news is headed our way...I can feel it.:D

Nooooooo... for the last time, that's a giant boulder headed our way, the big news is over there, towards the ranch, death is that way... :p

Well, I knew not many people would buy it, but if two 'spy' sources can come up with the same general date, then I think we may have a winner...

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Harrison_Ford_Live says: We're getting close to being able to annouce a drama that we'll be doing later this year, but I can't talk about it yet. The next project after that is the next "Indiana Jones" movie that will be out in 2004.

This is exactly what Harrison Ford wrote during the chat.
If Ford is going to do a drama later this year, when will he have the time to play Indy again before the next summer? And it will have to be some time before the next summer if they want to release it during that period of 2004.

Indy Smith

thegreatimposter said:
Or BOTH out in 2004!! (Psst, Spielberg ALWAYS takes a couple months off a year!)

In 1993 Speilberg made Jurassic Park 3 and Schindlers list back to back. Then he didn't make a movie for four years. You think he sat on his derry air watching movies? Nope, he set up Dreamworks in that time and also worked on prepration for his next three movies which were pumped out within two years and then he took another three years without a movie release to pump out another three movies back to back. I'm guessing on that time out he's taking a break...yeah, but he's also be preparing and producing movies. I think there might be another year or two gap and then he'll pump out another three movies in the space of two years.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Gilles V said:
Harrison_Ford_Live says: We're getting close to being able to annouce a drama that we'll be doing later this year, but I can't talk about it yet. The next project after that is the next "Indiana Jones" movie that will be out in 2004.

This is exactly what Harrison Ford wrote during the chat.
If Ford is going to do a drama later this year, when will he have the time to play Indy again before the next summer? And it will have to be some time before the next summer if they want to release it during that period of 2004.

What if Indy IV is that drama? Wouldn't that be weird?

Okay highly unlikely...

But you never know...

But Ford won't have to be around for the ENTIRE production. Just because production is beginning, doesn't mean it's filming. There's still some viability to the rumor.

Here's a possible scenario:

Let's say Ford has been working on this Drama for a month or so, then he finishes it up say, in October, then he can have a good 5 months to work on Indy IV, and then the rest of the filming/pre & post production be done around that time: it COULD very well be released in 2004. It would be rushed, but it could be done.

Just a thought... Let's not jump to conclusions, wait for an official annoucment... :)

wolfgang

me too, indydude. he might have said that on th chat meaning 2005. he might work on the drama for, lets say, two months or three(in a rush),then start working fast with indy IV

Indy Smith

But Ford won't have to be around for the ENTIRE production. Just because production is beginning, doesn't mean it's filming. There's still some viability to the rumor.

Yeah it does, lol. Prduction is the term for being on set or location with actors and shooting the film hence it is filming. Pre-production is the stage of preparation before the film and post-production is the stage afterwards.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Indy Smith said:

Yeah it does, lol. Prduction is the term for being on set or location with actors and shooting the film hence it is filming. Pre-production is the stage of preparation before the film and post-production is the stage afterwards.

Maybe I was a little vague...

Okay, you're right about your termanology, but I don't know if the guy meant starting with pre-production or not, the idea of what he said was PRODUCTION, that's all, that could be pre or filming, we'll find out. I think it's a little too early to start splitting hairs... :p

Even still, if the guy meant JUST filming, Ford wouldn't be around for the whole thing and he could juggle his schedule a bit. Look at Michael J. Fox when he did BTTF, he barley slept he was working so hard. I'm just trying to make the point that it can be done and it's not impossible.

[Edited by DrJones56 on 06-08-2003 at 07:57 am]