Lost

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, who's going to be at home the night of May 22nd to watch tv anyway...
Imagine ...you come home from watching the first Indiana Jones movie in 20 years, maybe your first theatrical Indy experience ever just to tune into a 2 hours season finale of frakking LOST....

Snakes

I love LOST. Great show. I've never actually seen it on TV, just watched the DVDs and season 4 episodes on the official site. I love the how just when you think you've got something figured out, something else pops up and leaves you totally bewildered. I'm very, very glad that Andrew Divoff will be in KOTCS, as he played one of my favorite characters from LOST. I hope he will be a bit more than a nameless Russian with no lines. The thought of Indy fighting Mikhail boggles my mind. Although I think it would be even more awesome if he was in a Bond Film, because Mikhail reminded me of a James Bond villain, especially in the season 3 finale.

Kingsley

Snakes said:
I'm very, very glad that Andrew Divoff will be in KOTCS, as he played one of my favorite characters from LOST. I hope he will be a bit more than a nameless Russian with no lines.
He will have his lines, surely.

Lost finale in may 22nd? I think my mind will have place for one thing that day... Lost can wait this time.

date changed
Well, it seems I may see both things with its right attention time after all

Last edited:

RichardJones

Big Fan of LOST (y)

100_0583.jpg

As you can see :rolleyes:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
There's a fantastic interview over at the A.V. Club with Lindelof and Cuse that very strongly focuses on the writing process. Great stuff.

Ska

MattJones said:
Best Episode Ever*? Anyone else agree?

*(Not counting The Constant. Nothing ever tops that.)

I 100% agree with you. A+ episode last night...The Constant was A+++.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Oh sh***. I'm just recovering from that episode. And its last scene in particular. Oh. Totally unbelievable. Those two guys in the same room. The way they talked to each other. Like two estranged brothers. Really intriguing. I'm gonna read all the darkufo stuff on it now. Should be interesting.

And as far as The Constant is concerned. I really loved that one, the whole dynamics plus Cusick's generally great presence/performance. But there was something slightly off in certain scenes that probably regards the whole time-travelling gimmick and plausibility...I'm not so sure...and still need to figure out my criticism. It's certain scenes that feel a bit too flat. There was even a hint of that in the whole "why is Sayid working for Ben" explanation in this episode. What I initially wanted to say, though, is that I may even prefer the Sayid-centric episode from earlier this season to The Constant. But I may have to rewatch them to re-affirm my judgement...lol

Anyway. Great episode. Also ...great Jack moment. What's up with him? This episode kinda reminded me again that I really love Matthew Fox in that role. (Actually, I don't think I've seen him in anything else yet...) Devin (from chud) once made fun of the "always on the verge of tears"-quality there's to his performance. I must say,though, that I quite like and appreciate that quality in his role as Jack. And I loved that moment today when he got really angry.
Also, and I know this might sound a bit far fetched, but I just can't help but think of Stephen Colbert when I watch Fox act as Jack. It's really weird. There's a certain mannerism about those two that's almost the same I think. Really strange...

Snakes

Great episode. Never thought I'd see Ben riding into the Sahara with an AK-47. The flashforwards really had a spy movie feel to them. I really liked the scene with "The Monster", it seemed much cooler in this episode than it has lately. Seems like they're really racking up the body count recently too.

Snakes

Ben always freaks me out. He's a pretty messed up guy. Couldn't help feeling just a little sorry for him though.

Kingsley

Well, is Claire dead? :confused: :dead:

And that Keamy guy, from the ship... scary man.
Let's see how they try to burn the island.

LostArk

Frozen Donkey Wheel

Did anyone watch the Lost season 4 finale? Best 2 hours of television I've seen in a long time :D

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
torao said:
The "The island won't let you come alone*"-line bugs me a bit, though.
I think Ben's just manipulating them.

Maybe the island's like the Greek temple of Delphi? You know, breathe fumes from the earth, see the future, sell your knowledge. It would explain the colossus foot. Maybe Jacob was an Oracle who built his cabin over a fissure, which took too much radiation and now jumps around in time. The South Pacific is on the other side of the earth (axis mundi?) from Greece...