Joe Flanigan - what a dreamboat!

Canyon

Girls, some of you may be wondering. Who is Joe Flanigan?

Well, if any of you guys have seen the spin-off series to Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, you'll know exactly who I'm talking about. :D

Basically, a friend of mine started to watch the show, and jokingly told me that the show starred a guy who basically looked and acted like a younger Harrison Ford. (y)

Joe plays a Col Lt John Shephard and as I began to watch the series, I realised that Joe not only looks like a younger Harrison Ford, similar to the Star Wars years, but he also has the same inflection in his voice and mannerisms! I reckon if Lucas was looking for someone to play a younger Indy, this would be the guy!

Lastly, don't worry. This doesn't mean I've stopped drooling over Harrison. Not at all. I've just found yet another guy to drool over, and I thought you ladies would appreciate the thread! :whip:

Check out these pics!

sgatlantis10.jpg

CelebrityBoyfriendJoeFlanigan.gif

joe.png

still1186004278.jpg

stargate-atlantis3.jpg

stargateatlantis1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281167/

deckard24

Canyon said:
Deckard, you see what I mean then. (y)

Finn.... :p :D
I do Canyon, and imo Flanigan has more of a resemblance to Ford than does LaBeouf, Sean Patrick Flannery, or River Phoenix! Phoenix had a similar Ford look where his eyes and browline were concerned, but that was about it. LaBeouf can channel a decent worried Ford exprerssion and his nose is more prominent like Ford's, but other than that he's way too swarthy and Mediterranean looking. SPF to me looked nothing like Ford at all.

As for Flanigan, he has several similarities with Ford: build, stature, hairstyle, brow ridge, somewhat prominent nose, facial expressions, and larger lips like Ford does. Especially in the pics with the stubble, he's giving off a serious Indy vibe.

xfkirsten

LMAO! I used to have a big crush on him, but I've gotten a bit disillusioned with Sheppard over the last season or two. I still have a total crush on McKay, though. XD Geek is sexy! Snark is also sexy.

Been watching Stargate for years now, been watching Atlantis since it premiered. I gotta say, though, I've been losing a lot of interest this season, sadly. It's just not the same with all the cast members that keep getting the boot. :(

deckard24

Okay, so I saw a few minutes of this show in passing last night, and Flanigan was in a few of the scenes. What I noticed from what I briefly saw, is that Flanigan and Nathan Fillion must have both attended the Harrison Ford Acting School. ;) Flanigan was really trying to channel Ford as Han Solo in a big way! Maybe this isn't all the time, but from what I saw it was absolutely the case. As for the show's quality, I honestly didn't watch enough to say. Maybe some other time.

fatima

Intersting observation Deckard, I know that the guys from LOST, Monaghan said he is HF fan in general and Josh Halloway said he took Han Solo for inspiring him for his Jack character.
Joe Flaningan sure is very handsome, and I agree with Canyon, he has some good reseblences with HF at the young age.

Mrs_Fedora

mmmm... yes I like him, he's a very tasty guy:p (although he is not my favourite character, that'l be cute Dr Beckett..).
I just ordered SGA season 1 & 2 so there will be much to enjoy! (y)